This October I Will ...

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited October 2020
    Good question!
    What am I committing to do for the rest of October? I'm thinking that for me I should stay on the same course for the rest of October. I still have much room for improvement. I'll see what I'm going to do differently when it gets closer to November.

@MadisonMolly2017 I like your additional addition of ๐Ÿ‘† spending 15 mins washing/prepping veggies/fruit! Good idea!

I will read my book and/or color some every day. ๐Ÿ“– = reading a book for fun, ๐Ÿ“œ= coloring

I will go to bed earlier than I have been recently. ๐Ÿ˜ด = in bed earlier, awake way too late =โŒ

I will take my herbs/supplements more consistently. I took my herbs = ๐ŸŒฟ, I didn't = ๐Ÿฅด

October 1: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 2: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 3: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 4: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 5: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 6: .....๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 7: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 8: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 9: .....๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October10 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October11 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐Ÿฅด
    October12 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October13 ๐Ÿ“– .....๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October14 .....๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October15 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October16 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October17 .....๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October18 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿฅด
    October19 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October20 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ โŒ (very late)๐ŸŒฟ
    October21 ......๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October22: .....๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ

๐Ÿค ๐ŸŒบ
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,646 Member
    I'm trying to catch up. So starting with @MadisonMolly2017 I have a question about your presser foot just to clarify...are you using a foot designed for free motion quilting? Mine has a spring and kinda hops and is specifically made for it, but other people use their darning foot. However, at the moment I can't find my FM foot because my room is becoming a disaster due to multiple endeavors :/

@texasgardnr What a great post! I'm glad you have a diagnosis, but am so sorry you're dealing with pain. I hope you continue to feel better physically and emotionally. Dealing with health issues is tough and I hope your doctor can come up with a solution very soon. You got things to do... places to go...someday! Oh, I need you to come and teach me about this tab thing you use. It sounds like a phenomenal idea!!! I know I have tabs, just don't know how to make something go there, or whatever it does. I will do some research. Thanks for sharing the idea. AND excellent work on your goals. Seems like that bedtime goal is hard for you. Totally relate to that!! But look at you go on your reading, coloring, and taking your herbs/ supplements!

@SummerSkier No special time yet...too many interruptions (excuses???) I'm kinda losing my momentum this week. My chart is looking very drab these days. Using your regular walks as a trigger for strength training is perfect!

@PKM0515 I'm going to assume that you took your meds this afternoon so YAY for a 2 day streak! I used to forget my vitamins (vit D and multivitamin) most of the time so I put them in the bathroom, now they're on the counter next to a cup, and it has helped a lot. It took some experimenting before coming up with the best reminder for me, and you'll find yours, too, no doubt! I could be wrong, but was it @goingape that was using a sticker on her calendar to reward herself for journaling? (Sorry, I don't dare go back to the last page to check since I don't know how to use tabs LOL. I apologize if I'm wrong)! Something like that might help if you put it in a very visible place. Or check in with us when you've taken them :)

To be continued... but I need to turn the page now.
  • nebslp
    Boy, is it ever time to recommit for me!!! Sometimes I just get in a mood. I think it's when I feel overwhelmed, and it started Tuesday after French class. I felt so defeated, but I woke up the next morning and decided I will be the most improved student Madam Plants has ever seen LOL!!! So I've been studying a LOT! I also have so many little projects going on that I need to stop starting things and finish some already! Last night I started knitting a Harry Potter scarf for my granddaughter because I was out of a TV handwork project and the 2 hour debate was going to be on and I needed something to do. It's going well except I'm going to start wearing a thumb brace since my arthritis flared up a little and I'm not quitting knitting, so there ya go. And I'm learning new skills (using circular needles, carrying yarn, etc) so that's fun, but a little stressful at the same time.

Recommiting to two things: 1) being very specific and realistic when writing in my daily planner. And 2) working out just 10 minutes a day. More is just a bonus. Trying to figure out a regular time for that. That is my priority for the rest of October. I need to find that perfect trigger and reward. Those are the missing pieces yet.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Checking in to say hello. Time has passed so quickly since I last posted. I have to admit that I am struggling with the habit tracking and staying on track. I have been traveling again which has not helped. We are currently visiting the granddaughter again after having just finished up a visit with my other son who is briefly between deployments. However I need to learn not to let these things to get in my way. Like @nebsip, I need to recommit myself to my initial goal. I continue to be inspired as I read through everyone's posts. Thank you for sharing. Waving hello to all!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,970 Member
    Checking in to say hello. Time has passed so quickly since I last posted. I have to admit that I am struggling with the habit tracking and staying on track. I have been traveling again which has not helped. We are currently visiting the granddaughter again after having just finished up a visit with my other son who is briefly between deployments. However I need to learn not to let these things to get in my way. Like @nebsip, I need to recommit myself to my initial goal. I continue to be inspired as I read through everyone's posts. Thank you for sharing. Waving hello to all!

Hey @znaoiec !
    There is a school of thought that sometimes we tweak our habits when traveling or when we have house guests, realizing we have less control over our food, exercise, etc. so, for example you might keep Tracking What I eat, but decide to exercise every other day rather than every day.

Then, hop back on your established habits when home.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    nebslp wrote: ยป
    Boy, is it ever time to recommit for me!!! Sometimes I just get in a mood. I think it's when I feel overwhelmed, and it started Tuesday after French class. I felt so defeated, but I woke up the next morning and decided I will be the most improved student Madam Plants has ever seen LOL!!! So I've been studying a LOT! I also have so many little projects going on that I need to stop starting things and finish some already! Last night I started knitting a Harry Potter scarf for my granddaughter because I was out of a TV handwork project and the 2 hour debate was going to be on and I needed something to do. It's going well except I'm going to start wearing a thumb brace since my arthritis flared up a little and I'm not quitting knitting, so there ya go. And I'm learning new skills (using circular needles, carrying yarn, etc) so that's fun, but a little stressful at the same time.

Recommiting to two things: 1) being very specific and realistic when writing in my daily planner. And 2) working out just 10 minutes a day. More is just a bonus. Trying to figure out a regular time for that. That is my priority for the rest of October. I need to find that perfect trigger and reward. Those are the missing pieces yet.

@nebslp
    Love your two commitments!!
    And yes, your teacher was expecting a lot. Breathe! Youโ€™ve got this!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    nebslp wrote: ยป
    I'm trying to catch up. So starting with @MadisonMolly2017 I have a question about your presser foot just to clarify...are you using a foot designed for free motion quilting? Mine has a spring and kinda hops and is specifically made for it, but other people use their darning foot. However, at the moment I can't find my FM foot because my room is becoming a disaster due to multiple endeavors :/

@nebslp
    Thank you!
    I have an old Viking Husqvarna 945 with a presser foot mechanism that is not a screw on (like EVERY other machine I see) but a bar that you press the foot into. This, I have the darning foot ie no spring. I also got an โ€œOpen Toeโ€ - I will check tomorrow but I thin the Open Toe really clamped the fabric down.

I did do some searching & it seems there are a ton of variables...
    Type of thread
    Size of thread
    Needle type
    Needle size
    Needle not bent
    Thickness of washable material or batting of doing this on a quilt
    Tension
    Correct threading of upper
    & bobbin
    Correct winding of bobbin
    AND some ppl
    Find it works with feed dogs up & others best when down LOL

AND if bobbin casing has been damaged...

WHEW!
    I might have to make a checklist!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Good question!
    What am I committing to do for the rest of October? I'm thinking that for me I should stay on the same course for the rest of October. I still have much room for improvement. I'll see what I'm going to do differently when it gets closer to November.

@MadisonMolly2017 I like your additional addition of ๐Ÿ‘† spending 15 mins washing/prepping veggies/fruit! Good idea!

I will read my book and/or color some every day. ๐Ÿ“– = reading a book for fun, ๐Ÿ“œ= coloring

I will go to bed earlier than I have been recently. ๐Ÿ˜ด = in bed earlier, awake way too late =โŒ

I will take my herbs/supplements more consistently. I took my herbs = ๐ŸŒฟ, I didn't = ๐Ÿฅด

October 1: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 2: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 3: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 4: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 5: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 6: .....๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 7: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 8: ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October 9: .....๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October10 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October11 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐Ÿฅด
    October12 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October13 ๐Ÿ“– .....๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October14 .....๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ
    October15 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October16 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October17 .....๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October18 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿฅด
    October19 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October20 ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿ“œ โŒ โŒ (very late)๐ŸŒฟ
    October21 ......๐Ÿ“œ โŒ ๐ŸŒฟ
    October22: .....๐Ÿ“œ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐ŸŒฟ

๐Ÿค ๐ŸŒบ

@texasgardnr
    Thanks! Yep, โ€œIf it ainโ€™t broke, donโ€™t fix it!โ€

I canโ€™t wait to see what you (and others do in November!!)

Today, we ate ALL the salads, raw veggies & fruit today that I washed & cut up this AM.

PROBLEM SOLVEDโฃ๏ธ

Sometimes itโ€™s just such a small thing that solves a problem!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @nebslp
    When you have a moment, could you please share a photo & (if possible) manufacturer of your thumb brace. I think I need one, too.

Thank you!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    Good morning.... I think the cold weather is rough. I have a finger which is now apparently tired of me using it and when it gets cold it turns purple even... i believe it has arthr in the top joint so trying to keep it warm and not use it much is a challenge. This just really started so it's also possible i injured it but so dang annoying. I think it is so hard to be patient. I got my flu shot last THURSDAY (a week ago) and the bruise just showed up a week later altho I knew it was going to bruise. no body effects but somehow he hit something with the shot. it did not hurt but later it lumped up and bled more than most vaccinations normally do. shrug.

I am struggling to understand all the lingo for the sewing machine but my mom had one and used to make dresses and such for us. i can remember being dragged thru the fabric section of dept stores...feed dogs is especially interesting to me as i think it must be that 2 pronged pc which holds the fabric down and the needle goes between. Anyway I could google but easier to use my imag.

@MadisonMolly2017 great idea of fruit and veggie prep. So much easier when its all done and in the fridge. i do that with my dalads for lunch and get 3 days ready at once, if things look to be ready to go bad i try to prep and freeze,

@texasgardnr its' also good to accept you have the month in hand and continue on without changing! congrats!!!!

@nebslp it sounds like you have a ton of projects to work on. That's fun but please don't let them overwhelm you. I think your recommit sounds quite reasonable and 8 days to go only. wow.

@PKM0515 (take your meds!) I think you can get this for the rest of the month. 2 day streak!!!! keep going.

@znaoiec waving back. Hi! and thanks for checking in.

@77tes have you finished grading all tho essays yet!!!??? lol... May I ask what the assignment way? I can only feel how boring it must be to ready 20-40? papers on the same subject. Never thought about it from the teachers perspective before. and yes @nebslp I do now how to use a microfiche. i wonder if they still exist. ;)

For my Oct like Mary I am going to keep on keeping on. It helps me to fill out the tracker i have first thing in the morning and I am still struggling trying often to decide between 3 shots of the same photo subject. But looking at them on my computer really can show which ones might be better for clarity at a min. Also logging the meds in the morning helps me as typically i take the extra stuff later in the day and so dont get on the computer much in the late evening.

summerinCHILLYtex. wow 51 deg! brrr

sssdhz76l54s.png

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,748 Member
    Hi all! I love all the chat with @nebslp and @MadisonMolly2017 about free motion quilting- something on my bucket list.

So, is more expected from students because of online sources? Well, yes in some ways, but itโ€™s more because the philosophy of teaching writing has changed. When I took English 101, the concentrated on improving writing style and didnโ€™t expect research. Now they expect a source based essay. I think the old way produced folks with better writing skills. Then weโ€™d learn to do research in upper division classes, and learn how to find sources in our field of study.

I loved doing research in the library. Since I attended a small school with a small library, I used to visit a nearby university armed with a pack of index cards and a pencil. Wow! Being able to Xerox was a big improvement in my later years. Yes, I did use a microfiche, but not very much.

No, @SummerSkier Iโ€™m not done grading essay. I got a new set of 58 essays on Tuesday. I wonโ€™t be done until December. ๐Ÿ˜ข Fortunately, they arenโ€™t all on the same topic. I give a general topic - this essay was technology, so Iโ€™ve got essays about whether Online learning is valuable, if video gaming is beneficial or harmful, robots replacing workers, etc. That offers some variety in my grading.

Iโ€™ve been eating way to much this week - I guess Iโ€™m feeling stressed. Iโ€™m keeping up on my October goals. But my fasting isnโ€™t going too well - thus, the overeating. @texasgardnr , I appreciated you suggestions for how to respond to multiple post - great idea. Of course, tonight Iโ€™d already shut down my laptop. ๐Ÿคช

4ftxtvdby4l6.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    77tes wrote: ยป
    Hi all! I love all the chat with @nebslp and @MadisonMolly2017 about free motion quilting- something on my bucket list.

So, is more expected from students because of online sources? Well, yes in some ways, but itโ€™s more because the philosophy of teaching writing has changed. When I took English 101, the concentrated on improving writing style and didnโ€™t expect research. Now they expect a source based essay. I think the old way produced folks with better writing skills. Then weโ€™d learn to do research in upper division classes, and learn how to find sources in our field of study.

I loved doing research in the library. Since I attended a small school with a small library, I used to visit a nearby university armed with a pack of index cards and a pencil. Wow! Being able to Xerox was a big improvement in my later years. Yes, I did use a microfiche, but not very much.

No, @SummerSkier Iโ€™m not done grading essay. I got a new set of 58 essays on Tuesday. I wonโ€™t be done until December. ๐Ÿ˜ข Fortunately, they arenโ€™t all on the same topic. I give a general topic - this essay was technology, so Iโ€™ve got essays about whether Online learning is valuable, if video gaming is beneficial or harmful, robots replacing workers, etc. That offers some variety in my grading.

Iโ€™ve been eating way to much this week - I guess Iโ€™m feeling stressed. Iโ€™m keeping up on my October goals. But my fasting isnโ€™t going too well - thus, the overeating. @texasgardnr , I appreciated you suggestions for how to respond to multiple post - great idea. Of course, tonight Iโ€™d already shut down my laptop. ๐Ÿคช

4ftxtvdby4l6.jpeg

@77tes
    Thank you for the update when you are so busyโฃ๏ธ Iโ€™m very sorry that you are feeling so stressed. What has helped in the past? I find even 5 minutes of mindfulness with slow deep breathing helps tremendously.

We will have to create a small free motion group next summer when youโ€™re offโฃ๏ธ

Take good care, and remember โ€œYour students are lucky to have you!!โ€ ๐Ÿ€

โค๏ธMaddie
  • SummerSkier
    @nebslp had a marvelous way of looking at her tracking - giving herself grades for each habit so she did not stress about not being perfect! A wonderful approach which I think can be more positive.

I think @77tes that recognizing you have been having trouble and continuing to log even if not as accomplished as you would like means you are still steady on the course. and what an interesting essay subject "technology" that is wide open so I bet it is fun to see what imaginative essays you are getting. Almost like a new surprise with each one. Looks like you will have fun with this for a few more months then. ;)

My finger is getting better ever day. I am now leaning to think perhaps some sort of scorpion or wasp sting in the tip which radiated into a vein somehow. or perhaps Renaud's syndrome as it did get very cold last week. <shrug> I am just happy it did not go from purple and tingly to black and numb... :#

@nebslp how is your second half going?

I totally agree that we have to find the perfect trigger and rewards which can be tough.

I am really enjoying Oct so far. Being back on track with my running means that I can continue the experiment of eating more that I started in Aug. So far apparently this is leading to me feeling quite strong on my runs in the morning and setting a much faster pace consistently. I feel like my legs are actually strong enough to go faster but I keep an eye on my heart rate and when it gets too high I have to back off a little. Might take a few more weeks and months for the cardio fitness to catch up to the muscles. Odd that is the first time I have ever experienced this dilemna. Maybe because we have much better tools to keep track of our cals and our exercise efforts and heart rate?

@MadisonMolly2017 you have so much going on I am impressed that you were able to find the time to add more to Oct!!! wow.... Hope that your hikes are enjoyable and the weather is nice for them with no more fires!

summerwaitingforrainyandcoldnextweek

ps - here is my favorite photo of the day from yesterday. I did not capture it as well as I would like but the clouds were beautiful

5opc5vwrn5h7.png
  • SummerSkier
    Hi ladies from gloomy drizzly 39 deg Tx. yucko.

I managed to get my workout in but only because well MITTONS!!!!

Hope everyone is hanging in and only 5 more days left this month wow. Starting to "think" about Nov. maybe.

@PKM0515(take your meds!)

caught my kitty working on the computer yesterday evening.. Ohoh.

zim2qvit0cq8.png
  • nebslp
    @znaoiec Getting out of routine is the worst for me, too. I will accept my failures as part of life until I can figure out what little changes I can make that will help me stay on track better. I hope you enjoyed your visit with your granddaughter and that special visit with your son who is between deployments. I'm sure both were very special. Just have to get back on track when you're home and not feel guilty for what was or wasn't done in the past. It takes time to figure out what works, and I'm a long way from doing that when anything upsets my day too much.

Well, my comittment to working out every day hit a snag yesterday. I was doing some random leg things while waiting for the microwave to warm up my soup and tweaked my back a little. So yesterday was a bust for working out, but with enough advil and ice, I think I might be ready to take on the world again today (eyeroll)! Or put in some effort anyway.

@MadisonMolly2017 There's no one size fits all when it comes to free motion quilting. The key is to keep trying different things but never give up. I figure if someone else can do it, so can I. I'm making free motion pumpkins with vines connecting them on my table runner. Oh the feeling when it works!!! There's nothing like success :) However, after making about 6 nice ones, my thread starting doing wonky things, so I quit for the night. Will have another go at it today. Will rethread my machine and bobbin first. Success and failure go hand in hand and we learn a little after each failure (hopefully) so it's really not a failure after all <3

@SummerSkier LOL! I was just the opposite. The only part of shopping trips with my mom that I remember are the times we went to Mode 'O Day Fabrics and I went in to touch every single piece of fabric I saw. I remember that because she told me once that maybe I shouldn't touch everything. But hey, I still do it so I guess I have to or the trip isn't the full body experience that I need. LOL!
    Feed dogs are actually below the needle and they're what pushes the fabric through to move it forward, so when free motion quilting you want to be able to push it yourself in any direction and don't need the feed dogs engaged.
    AND I hope your finger is totally better and the cold weather won't affect it any more. Maybe just a fluke incident (fingers crossed). AND about the running heart rate...maybe the heat and humidity made you have to work a little harder, so with cooler weather that will settle down to where you want it to be. AND one more thing, the sky picture is so pretty. It almost looks like a watercolor painting. AND another one more thing... your kitty is so darn cute and looks SO guilty. Does he have a secret correspondent he doesn't want you to know about???

@77tes I am so glad I don't have to write any more papers to be graded. I would fail big-time regardless of what style I had to use! I remember the research as well. In my early working years I would drive an hour and a half to the university armed with notebooks and cards to do research for my profession. Not only early...mid 70's-90's. What an amazing discovery the internet was. WOW....life changing! Your planner looks great! I hope things are settling down a bit for you. 58 essays to grade sounds overwhelming, but I know you have a system in place that will get you through it. One essay at a time, right?!

I'm going to post this before I lose it and ...be right back!

• nebslp
    @rhaiin Hi! Just checking on you. Hope your walking plans have been going well. Would love to hear how October is going :)

@PKM0515 Have you been keeping up with your meds? If you know how many days you did/didn't take them this month, you could use that as a baseline and see if you can do even better in November. Hope all is well!

@jrsepe12 How's the healthy eating plan coming along? Would love to hear from you on the good/not so good things you've been able to accomplish or learn this month.

@goingape Have you been reading and enjoying your books and cutting down on social media? Do you have a favorite type of fiction that you like best? I'm reading Leave Her to Heaven and am loving it! So many unexpected plot twists and I have no idea how it will end. It has almost 400 pages and I have 100 left so who knows what will happen?!?
    Also, is your journal looking pretty these days? Getting those stickers in as a reward for writing?. I think that's a great idea.

@texasgardnr Just a Hey There and how's it going?

Now I MUST study again :(
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Nebslp: โ€œThe only part of shopping trips with my mom that I remember are the times we went to Mode 'O Day Fabrics and I went in to touch every single piece of fabric I saw. I remember that because she told me once that maybe I shouldn't touch everything. But hey, I still do it so I guess I have to or the trip isn't the full body experience that I need. LOL!โ€œ

Ok, weโ€™re twins!!!
    I would ride my bike to a very little family/owned department store...and go their small fabric section & touch every single one, too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ And I still do! (Thus mood fabric purchases during COVID...)

Ohh your vine connected pumpkins sound awesome - photos of you are willing?

A site I was looking at FRee motion called it Thread Vomit OMG and then said โ€œIf you donโ€™t know what this is, youโ€™ll know ehee Ed n it happens to you!!!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

• nebslp
    @MadisonMolly2017 Soul sisters?! <3 Any more of you "need to feel the fabric" people out there? :D I could probably contribute photos to that site you mentioned :/ and will try to get my pumpkins done tomorrow and post a pic here.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    I wish I could join in on the discussion of fabrics and sewing but unfortunately I do not sew. Maybe one day... I do love looking at fabrics and dreaming about it though.

@MadisonMolly l like your idea of tweaking the habits. It is a much more positive approach mentally to feel that I have stayed on track even if at 50% as opposed to feeling as though I have failed. And not feeling guilty for going off track as @nebslp has said. Thankfully I am back to getting to where I want to be.

I am adding one more habit which I had before which is to pick up clutter every day. I wish it came naturally but it does not. I have to work at it. Right now my life feels very chaotic and I am realizing that when my environment is clutter free, I am calmer and actually accomplish more.

@SummerSkier I enjoyed the picture of your kitty. :)<3

Waving hello to all! And wishing you a good day!

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,748 Member
    Finishing the month weak - seriously! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Had a bad bout of food poisoning on Sunday and have been wiped out. ๐Ÿคข

Good news - a while back @nebslp mentioned really liking the book A Place in the Woods. I placed a hold on it through the library and it just arrived in my queue yesterday. Iโ€™m enjoying it already.

@MadisonMolly2017 , I need to feel the fabric,too. But Iโ€™ve had some success buying online, but only when I pay top dollar. One of the merchants at Costume College had such wonderful fabrics, I used to go by her table just to pet the fabrics. I bought a fair amount too. ๐Ÿคฃ

@SummerSkier , I need to teach my pups to help with my computer work like your kitty helps you. ๐Ÿคฃ My dogs are useless! They bark at the mailman every day, but a few night ago someone rang our doorbell at 3am and was lingering around the door, and those lazy pups never woke. Vicious guard dogs!