10/16 – 0 life took over today – again
    10/17 – 9 miles
    10/18 – 5 miles of the Wade Mountain 10K trail race
    10/19 – 3 with Champ
    10/20 – 6 miles
    10/21 – 4 with Champ
    10/22 – 5 miles

108 (109.79) of 115 miles

@kgirlhart how’s the new job? Based on your mileage I wouldn’t bother really with a taper, maybe just adjust to a short shake out or nothing the day before. You have been doing 6 then banging out a long double digit with no problem.
    @rheddmobile we have a 5K race here that goes through the Botanical Gardens when the Christmas display is up, it’s usually a ride through thing. It’s a lot of fun and they play Christmas music through the whole thing. I have to say (nothing against your bells LOL) but that makes me nuts along with others who play their music like we all want to hear it.
    @quilteryoyo glad you have a date for your surgery so now you know on the 5th you’ll be well on the way to recovery.
    Thanks @noblsheep once it becomes routine it’s not bad, I know if I leave running until after work I don’t get there. It’s also so quiet when the rest of the world is still asleep.
    Wow @Mari33a I’m sorry to hear about the lockdown

Races:
    258 of 335 miles Pinhoti Trail Challenge done
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – 133 miles done
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – 194 miles done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic It is hard for me to maintain a pace too, with all of the hills around here. But, I still enjoy the ability to enter my own workouts into the watch so I don't have to remember which interval I'm on while trying not to die. LOL Love your description of how your new Garmin is "trying." At least swimming and rowing are both water sports, so it had that much right. :lol:

@Tramboman The key word there is "could." You did it.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @rheddmobile Congratulations on reaching your goal of running 8 miles without a break. You are doing fantastic!

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 every time you mention the attack hamsters I can’t help giggling! So I looked them up and on YouTube there is a video of a couple of young men trying to shoo one out of the road and it straight up savages them, one guy’s hand is bleeding and he ends up carrying it to safety on the end of a shoe when it locks on with its tiny jaws like a vicious pit bull! In between it is leaping through the air at them like the vorpal bunny from Monty Python. Holy cow I had no idea!
    I have seen that one! They're vicious little cuties, which is probably why they aren't popular as pets.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    10/1 – 5.23 miles
    10/3 – 21.06 miles
    10/5 – 6.08 miles
    10/7 – 5.18 miles
    10/8 – 5.11 miles
    10/10 – 15.06 miles
    10/13 – 8.33 miles
    10/15 – 5.51 miles
    10/17 – 8.20 miles
    10/20 – 5.08 miles
    10/22 – 5.43 miles
    Goal – 125 miles

This morning was my last run before the virtual marathon on Sunday. It will be so weird not running on Saturday morning. What does the rest of the world do?

@quilteryoyo – I heard yesterday that Ballad in Kingsport was not doing any elective surgeries after Monday so that it could re-direct it’s resources to C-battle since our numbers have increased so much. I wondered if your surgery was considered “elective” and whether JC would follow Kingsport.

@Mari33a – I read about Ireland’s lockdown yesterday. Glad you made it to Scotland for a few days. I was there last year and loved it. Was supposed to travel to Ireland this year, but….Praying that the travel agent we used there is still in business when all this is over since they won’t issue a refund.

Congratulations on your climbing achievement @martaindale and for good results at the doctor’s appointment @WandaVaughn!

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    This morning was my last run before the virtual marathon on Sunday. It will be so weird not running on Saturday morning. What does the rest of the world do?

I love a lazy Saturday morning! I usually get up before the rest of my family anyway, so I have a cup or 2 of coffee in the peace and quiet. Saturday is not a day I meal prep for, so I use it to fill my cravings. So, I figure out what my soul desires for breakfast and take the time to cook it. Then watch whatever TV I want for a bit. It's amazing!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @avidkeo You can always use another pair of shoes! Especially if they are on sale. You'll be racking up the miles in no time!!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Teresa502 I had not heard that about Kingsport, but, since it is all Ballad, makes me wonder. No one has called to tell me it is postponed. I would think my surgery would NOT be considered elective - it's possible it could be postponed, but it's not like it isn't medically necessary. I know the C numbers in my county are really going up here the last week or so. :disappointed: Good luck with the virtual marathon on Sunday! You'll do great!