Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Greg Doucette Anabolic Kitchen: Weight Loss, Muscle Growth and Weight Maintenance

sal10851sal10851 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
in Recipes
For those of you living under a rock go check out Greg Doucettes YouTube channel and take control of your weight goals through low calorie dense foods. I'm a huge follower of his approach and I encourage anyone who reads this to try just one of his recipes. Go check it out and thank me when you no longer have to starve yourself to achieve your fitness or weight goals.

Replies

• sal10851sal10851 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
  • sal10851sal10851 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    sal10851 wrote: »
    For those of you living under a rock go check out Greg Doucettes YouTube channel and take control of your weight goals through low calorie dense foods. I'm a huge follower of his approach and I encourage anyone who reads this to try just one of his recipes. Go check it out and thank me when you no longer have to starve yourself to achieve your fitness or weight goals.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gregdoucette
  • dbmeyers23dbmeyers23 Member, Premium Posts: 39 Member Member, Premium Posts: 39 Member
    Surprised more people here haven’t responded with positive feedback...so I guess I’ll be the first many months later.
  • Murgs87Murgs87 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Can I ask why people disagree? I haven't checked this guy out yet but I intend to now - thanks for the recommendation. Just wondering why people don't seem to like him?
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,479 Member Member Posts: 6,479 Member
    He is awesome! One of my favorite youtubers. I thought it was funny he used the way I've been eating for years and stuff I was making for 10+ years he developed into "recipes". It was cool to find him and be like WOW this guy eats the same way I DO!

His constant advertising for his cookbook can be annoying, but most of the stuff he says about calories/nutrition/etc are on point.
    Murgs87 wrote: »
    Can I ask why people disagree? I haven't checked this guy out yet but I intend to now - thanks for the recommendation. Just wondering why people don't seem to like him?

I think people disagreed because it looked like someone trying to advertise.
    edited March 25
  • Murgs87Murgs87 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Ah ok I see what you mean! Thanks 😊
  • dbmeyers23dbmeyers23 Member, Premium Posts: 39 Member Member, Premium Posts: 39 Member
    I like him and Remington James who took his idea and ran with his own recipes. It’s such a simple concept...eat your protein macros each day and stay within your allocated calories. Carb and fats don’t matter as long as you get your protein and calorie goals. The recipes are really good but if your not a fan of dairy and reduced fat alternatives this isn’t for you. There are no recipes with fatty meats...everything is lean.
  • CholeRoadCholeRoad Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    I love Coach Greg.

When I first listened to him I was not sure what to make of him but when you listen to what he has to say it makes sense. Plus he made me change the way I eat and now I am eating much healthier than before. It was great to realise that I don't need to suffer whilst cutting calories.
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 44,794 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 44,794 Member
    Can't stand the way he talks, nor his voice, so I don't follow him. As for info, very mediocre at best.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • NDT111NDT111 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Can't stand the way he talks, nor his voice, so I don't follow him. As for info, very mediocre at best.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

If you don't follow him then how much info you actually heard from him, you appear to be an expert but I'd expect a study through his channel if you're rating his info, or it isn't fair otherwise
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 6,542 Member Member Posts: 6,542 Member

I disagreed because I don't have to follow this guy or use his recipes to lose weight without starving myself to meet my weight or fitness goals

Maybe he does have recipes that people would like to try but presenting this as the only way to lose weight without starving yourself was what I disagreed with.
  • sijomialsijomial Member, Premium Posts: 18,308 Member Member, Premium Posts: 18,308 Member
    @Murgs87
    Personally I disagreed because of the tone and content of the OP but I also dislike GD
    The level of projection in the OP I personally find irritating.
    I don't live under a rock, I do have control of my weight, I don't need or want to prioritise low calorie density foods, I don't starve myself to achieve my weight loss goals and unlike GD I didn't have to resort to performance enhancing drugs to achieve my fitness goals.

I don't have respect for a drug user and drug smuggler with an irritating manner.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 25,341 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25,341 Member
    Is it really mystifying that a recommendation that begins "For those of you living under a rock . . . " might rub some the wrong way? It's deliberately provocative, which is a communication style that some choose to adopt because they think it will grab attention or somehow make them look more distinctive. The flipside of that is that some will not respond positively. That's what we're seeing here, responses from people who know there are multiple ways to achieve health and fitness goals even if one doesn't use YouTube for nutritional advice.