WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Katla,
    Instead of bar stools I bought high chairs. It is so much better having something to support my back while sitting at the counter. And, they are very solid - no tipping over! :smile:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Machka- Congratulations on completing your university courses. :bigsmile:

Barbie- Congrats on filling your fridge and freezer!!! :star:

Debbie- I have one rose bush, a red mini. I’ve had it for several years. This year I gave it a bit bigger pot and moved it to a less shady spot. It has rewarded me with many beautiful red blossoms. :flowerforyou:

Lisa- I am so happy to hear that you’re feeling better! Three thousand cheers! I am thrilled that you are posting again. :heart:

Barbara- I like your insight on a good marriage. Both partners willing to clean up after each other is evidence of great teamwork. :flowerforyou:

Mary- I may have said this before, but I am so happy that you are back!!! :bigsmile:

Heather- We have a BBQ that uses bottled propane as its fuel source. It is easy to start, easy to use, and protected from weather by an upper deck on the second story of our home. We use it year around. Neither of us are fans of charcoal briquettes. :noway: I found this online: “In Canada, charcoal is now a restricted product under the Hazardous Products Act. According to the Canadian Department of Justice, charcoal Briquettes in bags that are advertised, imported or sold in Canada must display a label warning of the potential hazards of the product. No such requirements presently exist in the United States.” It goes on for a while and seems like it is worth reading. I am often impressed by Canadian laws & practices. :star:

Schooner is currently getting his first post-surgery grooming. He is doing so much better!!! I am gradually weaning him off of the pain pills he took for so long. We are now down to half a pill at bedtime. Before surgery he was on two whole pills, once in the morning and the other 12 hours later.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • SuziQ113
    Barbara,
    Sorry to hear about Joe's eye after too much activity. Hopefully the next time he is feeling more like himself he will take it easy (ha). And, yes, I agree one sign of a successful relationship is being able to pick up after someone when needed.

• SuziQ113
    edited October 2020
    Allie - Jean is just a spiteful b! And, if things do come to pass where you are "fired" I hope you find a place where you are appreciated. Of course that takes some action on your part too, but it is my hope for you.
  • SuziQ113
    The house smells so good right now! I bought a rotisserie chicken on Sunday and made stock on Monday. Now there is a pot of chicken soup on the stove. I am so looking forward to dinner this evening!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka baking in the fireplace? Wow! Your pergola covered patio is very inviting.

Several photos of cakes, cookies, pizza etc. cooked in our fireplace ...

Fireplace Cuisine
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157621039458509/with/3677383410/

Pergola Patio: I really hope to use the patio more. Over the years, we've used it maybe half a dozen times each year which is a shame because it is relaxing out there. :)

Regarding Creepy Crawlers, there was a toy created in about 1964 called Creepy Crawlers. I wonder if that's what the meme is referring to.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thingmaker

Machka in Oz

i remember the Creepy Crawlers toy! My brother had on and used to drive my mom and us girls crazy with the bugs he made! Found them everywhere you least expected! 😳

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    Quick catch up.... last Wednesday Wicket had tooth pulled and lots of campers here to take care of. Thursday, litter everywhere because of raccoons and wind storm that night... Friday DH and I had doctors appointments with were really good. I do have to make appointment with cardiologist for my erratic pulse and had to add a low dose aspirin until I see him. Saturday and Sunday had CCC lessons all day for both DH and I which we aced. Sunday night problems with camper and reservations site which took me forever to resolve. Monday catch up on trash and reservations and two days off site. Tuesday spent day with my adopted ranger daughter shopping. Today will be litter day, and clothes washing day.

Gotta get to it!

Laters Ladies!
    RV Rita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka baking in the fireplace? Wow! Your pergola covered patio is very inviting.

Several photos of cakes, cookies, pizza etc. cooked in our fireplace ...

Fireplace Cuisine
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157621039458509/with/3677383410/

Pergola Patio: I really hope to use the patio more. Over the years, we've used it maybe half a dozen times each year which is a shame because it is relaxing out there. :)

Regarding Creepy Crawlers, there was a toy created in about 1964 called Creepy Crawlers. I wonder if that's what the meme is referring to.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thingmaker

Machka in Oz

my older sister got the Thingmaker for Christmas- I remember her making all kinds of creepy crawlers!! I actually bought one at a garage sale a few years back- it is somewhere in the garage now- Such fun memories

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    We had creepy crawlers and i dont know if you remember incredible edibles.. it was i think the predisessor to gummy worms etc... but you could eat them. Lord i still have the smell in my nose of those lol..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Katla - I can't imagine why anybody bothers with a gas bbq. The whole point of a bbq is the flavour of charcoal. Otherwise, why not grill much more easily indoors? I grill and tandoori indoors often. I never use briquettes on the bbq. ;):# Ugh. Only real hardwood charcoal. The flavour is heavenly, especially lamb. I call it orgasmic. :D People in Europe have been cooking over charcoal for centuries. Greeks are some of the longest living people in the world. I believe proper charcoal grilled food to be one of the greatest experiences ever. And I am not talking about burgers and sausages. :noway:

My Mary Berry fennel, leek and salmon dish tonight was excellent. Nice to have a new recipe to put on regular rotation. :D

Zoom was excellent. The technology was blippy, but how wonderful to see my old friends. Truly a miracle. How lucky are we today.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    All gutters and patio cover clean

Taking a short break for lunch and recharging blower batteries
    I was going to weed-eat some tall grass by my sheds but my Stihl
    weedeater's pull rope broke. The grass will be good as is, but the
    eater will be in lockdown at the Stihl shop for a while. I could fix it
    myself, but just don't feel like it. Besides I enjoy swapping stories
    of our younger days working in the woods with the old guy at the shop.

Here is what I am up against. I have a couple of hours of shredding,
    blowing, and mowing up leaves left today. Very few are my own. Look
    at these offending trees that surround me on neighbors' property and all
    their leaves blow in my yard and stay. They are still loaded and it
    is almost November. I will be fighting leaves till spring.

Here is the old guy that wears flowered PJ's all day and smokes 4 packs
    a day, yet he says he cannot afford to trim his tree. The big wind storm
    last spring broke off many branches, but he still refuses to trim it up. He
    is #1 on my worthless wanker list. Married 4 times divorced 4 times. He talks
    like Dusty Rhoades mixed with a bullfrog. A disgusting example of the male species.
    Look at this mama trunking mess. It is a neighborhood embarrassment.
    92swk73dxsa4.jpg

More trees in cahoots with the wind that pick on me.

sb16ivepkjvv.jpg
    x94zvd6q06lk.jpg

Now ladies, feast your eyes on this beauty! This my tree kept pruned and shaped
    by professional tree climbers. Why is it that all those other unkempt trees are in
    widowed or divorced men's yards? They seldom rake or mow a leaf. They should
    be ashamed that an old lady, one such as myself, of lesser finances, than they, can
    shell out necessary funds to keep her tree looking great and takes care of her own leaves.
    It means nothing to such lazy sissies. No wonder their wives left or just gave up and died.
    My tree is also the oldest and largest trunked tree in the hood. It was 80 feet high when
    I bought this place many years ago. No excuse for these guys and their disregard.

4y8inoo2tavo.jpg

Fae picking up her old sore kitten and sharpening her tongue in case one of those
    pitiful testosteroneless excuses for male existence dares to show his ugly face

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    This may be an old one,but how true it is! :o

dr174njhe8iq.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Watching Highway to Heaven always a favorite of mine..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    I put the frog creepy crawler on our piano and left it there. A few days later when my mom was cleaning, she removed the frog and it had removed the finish right down to the bare wood in the frog shape. She was not amused.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2020
    Heather.. I like the rug you chose. Perfect for the room. Excellent choice.

Katla.. I think you can get hardwood charcoal at ACE Hardware maybe.

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Allie Jean will be back because she will find it hard to replace you. You do need to take Thursday and Friday off because you are sick and do not want to pass it onto Faith.

Cleaned up over 5 inches of snow here some place within 30 miles of us got 9. It is not supposed to last. Hopefully rain tomorrow and it will get rid of it. I still have yard work to do otherwise I wouldn't care. We did lose power for 4 hours yesterday. When we lose power we lose our landline. Today I thought I did something to goof up the internet. Turns out there was outage in our area I had to call them to find this out. I am at son's house and he has internet.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Margaret (((hugs))) sorry for your loss <3 My niece had the 9" down in Lakeville. Hopefully you won't experience freezing rain!

Pip looks like you are enjoying your new life! Does Yogi have a radio collar? Handsome boy :)

Awning is going up! My husband is helping I wonder if we will get a discount?? Because of my injury I have 10 pounds to get rid of! I am still IF and mostly Keto so shouldn't take long to get back to maintenance. It shows me the importance of exercise and tracking. I will definitely never stop since weight seems to sneak back on quickly!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota