Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Your team is now full .......Please welcome @nikkibrianne64 :)

Welcome @nikkibrianne64 ! I'll send you a friend request as co-captain with @minstrelofsarcasm because we send PMs from time to time. I'm sure some of the others on the team will too. November officially starts on Sunday but poke around here and say hello before we move.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food-still not good
    Water-under
    Exercise-none

I was so tired yesterday and for some reason I think I need to eat when I am dragging. I also need to get to the grocery store today. I probably would have done better if I had healthy options around. Not a fun day today, back to the dentist to have a cavity filled. Tomorrow is my doctor’s appointment for my knee.

@kittengirl88 Nice loss!
    @podperson1 The important thing is that you are back! You can do this!
    @pacsnc6 I am glad you are doing so well xo
    @goingape Are you following a program for the handweights? I need to get into a good routine with strength (once this knee is straightened out)
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Sorry about the dog, they do find their way into your heart. Xo
    @Melzz19 Great walk and even better that it was done during work hours!
    @Cuddleme72 Sending hugs and prayers. Remember we are here if you need us.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I am sorry about your back, hope it is better soon. How sweet about your neighbor with the salad. I am glad you were able to open up to her and she was so receptive. I have heard people can get weird with friends losing weight. I don’t understand it but maybe because I am chubby so I am happy when others are successful.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I was sleeping on the couch for a bit, two of the seats are recliners so it made it a little easier. I did move to the bed being propped up. It is getting a little easier for sleeping.

I have been getting out walking every day except for yesterday because it was raining and I couldn't pull out my treadmill. I was going to try a walking video but then decided against it. Today was my longest walk and then I went to the store, I might get 10,000 steps. I have started my Christmas shopping in stores and online mainly for the grandkids. I did get my niece something but she is hard to buy for. I'm trying to be prepared just in case.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Hi Weight No More- You have a newcomer on your team ...Please welcome @kika5105 :)
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well with food and water as you could tell by my post about being put on the cheer squad but I do want to get back into the habit of posting more regularly.

I don't really have a lot to report other than I got xrays done for my knee this morning. The results came back pretty quickly. It shows mild osteoarthritis, mild marginal spurring and some other terms I didn't really understand even after I looked them up. I'll have to have the PT explain them to me if he can. I start 6 weeks of therapy on Thursday. Not sure how many times per week, probably will be decided at my assessment. The first time I saw this therapist was back in 1998 and have gone to this office for different things through out the years since. It's a small place but I do like that. Brian, the PT, has worked with me most of the times I've been there and has always helped me. Hopefully this will help my issue. If not, sounds like the doctor's office will send me to orthopedics.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Welcome to the newcomers ! This is a great group.

I’m back to my exercises classes this week, thank goodness! I was missing the structure so very much. I had my aerobics tonight and Zumba is tomorrow. Can’t wait to dance. : D It feels like a long week already. Had a bad sleep last night which made my day drag. On the plus side I got my new purse in the mail. It’s a classic black with a vintage feel. A bit of treat to me from me. ; )

@sleepymom5 For my hand weights I don’t have a real routine, I do two sets of various exercises, lots of presses and rows, squats and lunges with weights.

@minstrelofsarcasm I’m 5’1. I’ve always been very much an apple shape.

@tryingagain5 sound like you have a good relationship with this pt clinic. I hope you are feeling better soon.

@ljdanny Ive started my Christmas shopping too. I got one gift for my sister. I’m going to try and wrap or gift bag everything as it comes into the house. Less to do later !
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be MIA. Not feeling well the past two days. Hope to see you more tomorrow.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    So far I've successfully gotten through 2 days in a row without over snacking.

Sunday I did a little strength training workout, and the plan today is to go for a walk or, if it's raining, do some sort of cardio.

Been drinking more water. The scale isn't moving yet, but I think it will before Sunday.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Seems like quite a bit of our team has hit an obstacle! It's definitely that time of year where things are more difficult for health in general, and I'm sure the stress of the pandemic has not been helping at all. For those of you who are like me, Seasonal Affective Disorder is starting to set in, in a big way. It's hard to see positive progress right now, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

So, there are a few small things you can do for yourself right now:
    Drink some water
    Adjust your posture
    Release the tension from your shoulders and jaw
    Say something kind to yourself - you deserve it
    Close your eyes and take a deep breath

tapljn5xxkah.jpg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Week 4 (I'm positive this time!)
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 208.2

Woot! And pretty amazing, since I've been doing absotively nothing the past week (cold, snow, rain...huddle inside with a blanket...). So it raises the question...is this actual weightloss or is it the diuretic? And maybe more important...do I care?

I don't have answers...but I have been snacking less since I cut back on sugar. Have not cut it out completely, still occassionally dive into the M's or candy corn (that stuff never ends!), but only once a week or so...and I do tend to go off the rails when I do...which is telling. And then yesterday I saw a package of stroopwaffles at Aldi...decided to find out what these (obviously inferior to actual stroopwaffles) tasted like. Demonstrated admirable restraint. Only ate one. Burned myself, too. They have some appeal. We won't do that again...

@1theresamcvean Sorry you're feeling poorly! Hope it passes quickly. My husband is still chortling about the Pooh meme you posted a month ago. Every time I say it's weigh day, he says "Kittens!" Thought you would like to hear that.

@goingape I hate it when I sleep badly...I hope you have the opportunity to get some good rest soon. Being draggy stinks.

@mainebeachbum Sorry to hear about your migraine! A few of us on here have them. They're terrible. The neuro I talked to a couple weeks ago recommends 400mg of B2. He says it helps some people. 400!! That's like 32000% RDA. I'm giving 200 a shot until I find a better source. Lying down for a migraine doesn't count as vegging out...that's just smart.

@ljdanny I'm glad you are recuperating well. I've known several people who have had neck surgery and the key to recovery is taking those weight limits seriously, as far as I can tell. One friend did not...and things went very badly...long, ugly story. Glad you're easing back in!

@sleepymom5 I'm that way, too. Tired...snack! Worn down...snack! I should just lie down when I get that way. & @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I've never understood people who bail on friends who lose weight. I have a friend who is a bigger girl than me. I think she's struggled since childhood, which I didn't (when we met I was a biscuit over 115 @ 5'6", but now am fluffy)...Since I've started working on dropping weight, I can't say anything about what I'm doing weightloss-wise or she gets pretty snarly...I think maybe she feels self conscious or like I'm trying to subtly comment on what she should do (I'm not) so I just don't say anything. But I think that's sad.

Okay, now I'm late. Gotta run! Have a terrific day, everyone!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    10/27 steps 8718
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Good Morning WNM...one more has been added to your team ....Please welcome @Mz_Nurze
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, @kika5105 and @Mz_Nurze !! So happy to have you joining us!

I'm Ashley, one of the co-captains with the fabulous Theresa, @1theresamcvean. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We're a friendly group, with members from all over, of different ages, lifestyles, backgrounds, etc. Some of us have been on a get-healthy quest for weeks, months, years, decades... it's rare to see a challenge none of us know anything about.

Neither of you will need to weigh in until the first week of November, but now is an awesome time to get used to the formats and figure out how often you'd like to check in with us outside of your weekly weigh-in. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you out.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-ugh!
    Water-not good either
    Exercise-none

Well, I am not going to reach my goals with check ins like that. I will do better today but the bar really isn’t set that high. I made the mistake of opening Halloween candy yesterday. I should have waited a little longer to buy it. I am definitely going to get rid of it when Halloween is over. I need to learn to have more control over food but for now I just won’t have these things around. Today, I have my doctor’s appointment for my knee. I am hoping to see what I can do for the pain and also how much I can push it. I don’t want to make things worse but I also don’t want to baby it if it isn't going to make a difference. I know my weight is going to be brought up too, which I hate but I know that is a factor as well. I put off doctor’s appointments because of this which I know I shouldn’t.

Welcome to our new members! Hope you get as much out of this team as I do.

@ljdanny Sounds like you are starting to get back to your normal activity. Be sure to listen to your body and not overdo it. I think it is a good idea to start with Christmas shopping. It will be here before we know it.
    @tryingagain5 Don’t disappear now that you are on the cheer squad. When you aren’t on track is when you need the support. Hugs!
    @mainebeachbum Sending Hugs to you too!
    @goingape I am glad that you are back to your exercise classes :) Nice that you treated yourself to a handbag, it is always fun to get a new one
    @1theresamcvean Feel better my friend xoxo
    @GingerPwr Sounds like you are doing taking the steps to get on track. Give yourself a pat on the back!
    @minstrelofsarcasm Thank you! I always seem to need that when you post that Lol! I do have trouble with 3 but I will figure it out...
    @melaniedscott Nice loss! Stroopwaffels are on my list of things I can’t have in the house Lol! I discovered them on a visit to Europe and LOVE them. Sadly I just eat them until they are gone. So when I say nice restraint with having just one, I really mean it!
  • kika5105
    kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for adding me to your group. I've never been in a weight-loss challenge or part of a group like this before, so im super excited. I cant wait for November and see everyone drop some lbs 🥰
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    I had a a good day yesterday. Stayed on plan and did some IF. It has been a busy day today and it is nice to sit down right now. I totally agree with @mistrelofsarcasm. Season affective disorder is very real. Plus the pandemic is ongoing and I find that I have good days and bad days. So I need to remember to post on the bad days too and we can all support each other! I am trying out some of the “hygge” approach to the upcoming winter here in Toronto. You have probably heard about it, but for those of you who have not, it is a Danish approach to the winter months where you make your home cosy and do nice things to feel good. So I put out some fake fur throws, comfy slippers, books to read and different flavoured teas. It is worth a try!

Welcome @kika5105 and @Mz_Nurze!

@1theresamcvean - hope that you are feeling better!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I've totally been off the wagon lately as well and it's super disheartening to see a gain, but we can turn it around! I'm sorry you're missing the doggy, I don't know if they have anything like this where you are but round here there's often options to 'borrow' dogs - ie people who might be struggling to walk or care for their pets due to age, illness etc connect with people who want some doggy love but not have the time/money/space etc for their own. I know animals have always been a huge boost for my mental health.

@cuddleme72 - sorry to hear about your daughter, sending her postive vibes and totally understand needing to prioritise your loved ones - just don't let yourself burn out x

@minstrelofsarcasm - thank you for the kind words. Yes, I am trying to keep it positive, I've lSo,ost this before so I can get back down (and hopefully further) it's just a matter of attitude and willpower (oh no, lol!)

@sleepymom5 - yup, just need to get back to it! Sounds like you have a sucky few days coming up, hope all the appontments go well x

@tryingagain5 - hope the physio helps! I'm always amazed by what they can do

@goingape - I've been missing my zumba as well. Going back to the online classes this week I think as the gyms reopened and then almost instantly closed for classes *sighs*

@1theresamcvean - hope you feel better soon x

@Cafelelia - I'm the same, I tend to not want to post when things are going rubbish, when really it's probably the best time to do it so can get support. The 'hygge' approach sounds like a fun idea, I do kind of gravtitate towards snug and coziness at this time of year anyway :)

So, have been much better the past few days foodwise. Not quite got back to the exercise yet but been having a bit of a 'spring' (autumn?) clean so must have burned off a few cals doing that lol! Think the 'tidy house, tidy mind' must have some credit as I do feel more positive with less clutter around me. I'm probably going to go into the office tomorrow - said I would pop in one day this week at least. Haven't really left the house in 2 weeks so will be a bit odd but I suppose at least I get a conversation with someone different :)
This discussion has been closed.