Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Does anyone still track calories in maintenance?

13»

Replies

• PremGandhiPremGandhi Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    Tanie98 wrote: »
    people talking about counting calories doesn't work long-term and is not sustainable because we can't count forever to keep the weight off
    I will count forever. It's free and simple, puts me in control, and doesn't require any hocus-pocus. It demystifies weightloss - I think that's what those people don't like. It doesn't get them views, or subscribers, or 🤑
    I've seen what happens when I don't count. I am never giving up on it again. It's like brushing your teeth. A simple and effective act of self-care.

Truer words have never been spoken on this app.
  • steveko89steveko89 Member Posts: 1,754 Member Member Posts: 1,754 Member
    I've been on MFP since 2012 and never been beyond the bounds of "normal/healthy" by BMI standards but I'm far my vigilant about counting and there accuracy thereof now that I was when I initially came to the site looking to lose some weight from the high end of normal. Now, my focus is much more in body composition and tracking helps me achieve those goals as well.
  • brenn24179brenn24179 Member Posts: 1,976 Member Member Posts: 1,976 Member
    i think I will always have to and weigh also, been 2 1/2 years, pain but more of a pain to gain it back.
  • richardgavelrichardgavel Member Posts: 904 Member Member Posts: 904 Member
    Side question. For those that don't log, do you also not use a food scale? Most of us have logged enough that we've got it in our heads how much of food X is appropriate that we don't need to log, but without the scale, I wouldn't be feel sure of how much I'm eating. I'd almost think the scale is more important than the log if you had go without one of them.
  • coffee_n_weightscoffee_n_weights Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    I've maintained most of a 46 pound weight loss for about 4 years without logging or weighing food. I say *most* because I've consistently been strength training for a few years as well and there has been some gain through that. (I did come back to lose just a little more though - I was good a few years ago with where I was though:). I'm not saying it's for everyone or that I recommend it, but it has been okay for me.
    edited November 19