Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

App and Website not properly syncing

AshleyThomsenAshleyThomsen Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
My app syncs every time I open it so it is not a sync issue... but while it will sync my logged foods it does not properly match my calorie goals (they are different by 90 cal) and the meals on the app do not include all of the ingredients that they do on the website, giving them different calorie counts.

Every topic that came up when I searched this was marked closed but not actually resolved in any way. Any ideas on how to fix this? I can manually change the calorie goal in the app but that does not help with the meal issue.

Replies

• durdendurden Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 240 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 240 MFP Staff
    This is usually due to a difference in rounding on the website, versus what is used in the app. You may notice a very small difference, though it should be pretty marginal. Currently the app rounds slightly more accurately than the website does, if you're wondering which one you should go with.

I can't offer a fix (since it's not a bug) but will let you know our team is aware of this and intends to eventually consolidate the rounding process so it's consistent on both platforms.
    edited October 16