Coming back from Corona

2»

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    I am sorry to hear, but with this virus everyone is still learning and we might have a long way to go
    How about walking every other day instead of every day
    Reading food I would try at least having one meal of home made smoothie as a way to build yourself back up.
    Check out my diary for a homemade smoothie.
    It might not be to your liking, but it give you an idea of maybe trying other foods to help you
    Good luck
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I used to think, because I'm highly cardio fit, that if I got it, I would be OK within a week or two. But, even though I'm not all that competitive of an indoor rower any longer (because of back issues), I'm a member of a large contingent of indoor (and outdoor) rowers. Many of these folks are former Olympians or current World Record holders and in incredible shape.

The top female German Masters rower has been down with Covid for two months. One guy, a top 10 UK rower, has also been sick for over a month. There are many world class athletes that have taken way longer than a month to get back to normal.

Be patient, eat healthy and get rest. You'll get back to it soon enough. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I used to think, because I'm highly cardio fit, that if I got it, I would be OK within a week or two. But, even though I'm not all that competitive of an indoor rower any longer (because of back issues), I'm a member of a large contingent of indoor (and outdoor) rowers. Many of these folks are former Olympians or current World Record holders and in incredible shape.

The top female German Masters rower has been down with Covid for two months. One guy, a top 10 UK rower, has also been sick for over a month. There are many world class athletes that have taken way longer than a month to get back to normal.

Be patient, eat healthy and get rest. You'll get back to it soon enough. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.

You are so kind! Thank you. Yesterday I did my first hour + ride, I feel pretty good. Today is a day off so if I get a headache and other symptoms, I’ll know I over did it and will dial it back again.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member

Really informative articles. I liked them best because they validated my symptoms and I am not crazy after all.
  • Cbionic
    Cbionic Posts: 3 Member
    I’m also one of the many people living with long covid.
    I got covid mid April 2020 and it decided to re-emerge in June 2020 as long covid. I became so unwell that I had to resign from my job and move countries so I could move back in with my parents. I wasn’t able to take care of myself.

Up to now I have gone from 90-115kg (ideal is a fit 80-85kg), my health is improving painfully slowly. I still have unbelievable levels of exhaustion. I’m still unable to work or take care of myself beyond a middle level (normal self care, and driving for very reduced periods. I find cooking to be beyond my capabilities at the moment due to the exhaustion and a poor short term memory).

In November 2020 i had access to ¼ of my lung volume due to emboli, scarring, inflammation and sarcoidosis. This needed 3 hospital admissions with a spell in the ICU during this. Nearly 2yrs later I have a significantly reduced lung volume with scarring and sarcoidosis contributing to this. I do know that my dramatic increase in weight and the overwhelming exhaustion impacts on this too.

I know of many very very fit and able people (Olympians, hikers, high level athletes, etc) who got hammered by long covid, with many systemic problems.
    So it’s not just us average people…