Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Flexible Thoughts

Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 12,040 Member Member Posts: 12,040 Member
Willy nilly, hit or miss, without planning and careful analyzing. Stop editing yourself. What are you thinking about this very minute. A ditty or song, quote, poster, photos or reflections. All will be appreciated in a judgment free zone. MFP rules apply.

Replies

• Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 12,040 Member Member Posts: 12,040 Member
    I can't prognosticate the future. I don't know of anyone with that ability or they would be winning lottos and warning everyone of the really big things coming around the corner.

Wildlife and livestock can't predict the future because it would marsh all of their mellows and they would be living in constant fear like rabbits who have to sleep with one eye open. All critters live in the present. They use all of their senses to make it through just one day. It's enough because after all, tomorrow is another day.

I can sense when I'm going to meet someone on the road. I know when family is calling on the phone except for nuisance spam callers. All of it applies only to the present.

9zv2szxbyins.png

• PlentyofProtein00PlentyofProtein00 Member Posts: 1,982 Member Member Posts: 1,982 Member
    Little diddy...
    @PlentyofProtein00 I think Mary Louise Parker is very pretty. So are you. <3
  • Chef_BarbellChef_Barbell Member Posts: 6,010 Member Member Posts: 6,010 Member
    I have to go pee

Ditto and I have one more set
    @steph6556 Thinking about your dog. Is everything alright?
    @BIG_FN_R0B

I'm headed out for a hike and it's going to be all about your Paw when I'm out there. You too, Big Man.
  • BIG_FN_R0BBIG_FN_R0B Member Posts: 1,632 Member Member Posts: 1,632 Member
    @Diatonic12 Thank you 🙏🏽
  • steph6556steph6556 Member Posts: 511 Member Member Posts: 511 Member
    @Diatonic12, you’re the sweetest to ask! He got a shot for the allergies ( once a month ) and an antibiotic for the paws since they’re pretty bad right now. I’m putting some bag balm ( I’m sure you know all about it, livin in the country) on them to soothe until the itchy goes away. We’re on the road to recovery now.... all uphill from here, yay. Expensive road though. My lord!!!🤑
    BIG_FN_R0B wrote: »
    @Diatonic12 Thank you 🙏🏽

I'm baaaack.
    We have not because we ask not. All updates will be appreciated.
    Gave it all I had.
    @steph6556 Great news for your 'critter'. Yay!

I hiked UP a mountain behind my house and ran into a cairn terrier named Doc. It always takes me back to meet someone out in the middle of nowhere. They said they were from New Jersey. I asked why 'Doc'. They said because he's a healer. Dogs fix everything. Sure do.

@BIG_FN_R0B It just hit me. That person in the middle of nowhere. No one I've ever seen before.
    edited October 19
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator
    That one chicken has some gnarly feet, and she seems to be having a hard time getting around, but I have no idea what to do about gnarly chicken feet 🤷🏼‍♀️
    @4legsRbetterthan2 Hold on. I'm going to go ask someone.

That usually only happens in too much wet weather and your chicken is standing in too much water. That's the stock answer. Bring the chicken in the house and let it dry out. <3
    edited October 19
  • ythannahythannah Member Posts: 3,397 Member Member Posts: 3,397 Member
    I have next week booked off to do all the outdoor stuff to get ready for winter and now we're supposed to get 4" of snow tomorrow so I guess I'll be doing it tonight. If I ever stop procrastinating on here.
    @ythannah You're going to get it all done because those of us who like to take it to the razor's edge and do everything at the last minute really get a bolt of lightning and get it all done in a flash.
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @4legsRbetterthan2 Hold on. I'm going to go ask someone.

That usually only happens in too much wet weather and your chicken is standing in too much water. That's the stock answer. Bring the chicken in the house and let it dry out. <3

It's dry in the coop, it's been pretty dry around here lately. It's more like her toes get more deformed as she gets older, and she's 6 this year so she's definitely getting up there for a chicken. What worries me the most is she can't get "up" by flapping her wings much anymore, she acts like she can get over the 4 inch step out of the run to free range, and hasn't gotten herself up in the coop on a long time now :/
    Uh ooo. Chicken lifespan 5 – 10 years :(
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Uh ooo. Chicken lifespan 5 – 10 years :(

Yeah, she's a silkie and never seemed very hardy too, so I'm thinking this might be the issue
    Dog farts are the worst