Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Accuracy of Nutritional Data

JonnyH5JonnyH5 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
The nutritional data (especially carbs) accuracy of quite a lot of items I scan isn’t that good . . . I report the item and update it but if you let me take a pic of the nutritional label and send it then you/me update it all and leave the pic attached to make sure it’s accurate . . . It would only take a couple regular users and the overall database would be far more accurate . . . It can also be frustrating as there are loads of duplicates for the same product, would like the see the database cleansed if possible

Replies

• rosedreamer1rosedreamer1 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    They really need to clean it up. I’m not sure random peoples recipes and nutrition data should even be a thing. So much incorrect info. I was about to delete the app because I spend so much time verifying the foods listed.
  • Dolly_RockerDolly_Rocker Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Annoying ain't it!
  • resplendentclarityresplendentclarity Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Apparently there is zero vitamin C in a satsuma? 🤔 Not very accurate. I doubt I will continue with the paid service after my free 1 month trial.
  • threewinsthreewins Member Posts: 812 Member Member Posts: 812 Member
    The Lifesum app has the same problem. Conclusion: we're stuck with it.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 38,453 Member Member Posts: 38,453 Member
    Most of these sites and apps have databases where the entries are crowd sourced from users, so there are always going to be issues with accuracy. MFP doesn't actually do anything with the database or the entries. Crowd sourcing has it's benefits, but also it's drawbacks.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member, Premium Posts: 6,464 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,464 Member
    Apparently there is zero vitamin C in a satsuma? 🤔 Not very accurate. I doubt I will continue with the paid service after my free 1 month trial.

There is plenty of Vit C if you use the correct entry. If you pick poor entries (no Vit C is a tip-off), that's on you.