Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @AR10at50 I'm glad your boy wasn't hurt. It's fun to watch kids' personalities played out. I have two teenage girls and a boy toddler. He is rough and tumble so often, so much harder on stuff than my girls. So far no broken bones, thank goodness, but he climbs on top of everything and scares me.
  • LoveyChar
    @Lilylady3k I wouldn't throw them out. I've thrown many pictures out and later regretted it. Old photographs 100+ years are priceless. I have a 100 + year old picture of my great grandmother up on my wall, never met her. I have other photographs of strangers but I can't throw them away. Pretty cool to have pictures that old. I wish I had my grandmother's 100+ year old typewriter.

Pictures from college, keep those too!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!

We are making a Turkey with an apple cider brine, made a NY Roast yesterday and BBQ Pulled Pork the day prior. From this, I am creating a Paleo holiday to-go combo platter I will deliver to my daughter tomorrow.

I will set my drinking limit to 2 and may dash out to make those 2 bailey's mini's as my "dessert". Who knows how many extra miles I need to run to burn those off??

@dawnbgethealthy : My favorite trending singer is Michael Kiwanuka, favorite songs "Cold Little Heart" and "Love and Hate". Two amazing and inspirational songs for me.

I mumble the lyrics as I run outside, that's the extent of my singing! Well besides playing the home game Rockband that was popular about ten years ago :)

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @Lilylady3k I wouldn't throw them out. I've thrown many pictures out and later regretted it. Old photographs 100+ years are priceless. I have a 100 + year old picture of my great grandmother up on my wall, never met her. I have other photographs of strangers but I can't throw them away. Pretty cool to have pictures that old. I wish I had my grandmother's 100+ year old typewriter.

Pictures from college, keep those too!

I agree.
    Don't shred old photos our lovely @MissMay
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Happy Thanksgiving!

@dawnbgethealthy : My favorite trending singer is Michael Kiwanuka, favorite songs "Cold Little Heart" and "Love and Hate". Two amazing and inspirational songs for me.

I mumble the lyrics as I run outside, that's the extent of my singing! Well besides playing the home game Rockband that was popular about ten years ago :)

I have not heard of those, a-googling I will go!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn and live in South East British Columbia. I am 60.
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

I check in diary style. It works for me.

Monday Nov 23 - AF - Early morning and fairly long day tomorrow. Anyway, I had been breaking my own rule for myself, not having 2AF days in a row.
    Tuesday Nov 24 - Drinks. Apparently my self control is not that in gear over the last week. I will get to my 16-20.
    Wednesday Nov 25 - AF - Had to get to that 16 although I was really craving an Espresso Bailey's with Apricot Brandy mixed in. It is not going anywhere, I can have it another day.
    Thursday Nov 26 - Drinks. Lots of calories still left over, very active day with my morning workout, a trip to another town for skating etc. Not sure what is up with me, I have definitely had more AF days in the past 11 months. Hoping to get at least a couple more AF days before the month is out.

Rolling total. 16AF days out of 26 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!

@MissMay Beautiful talented painting ... love it! It was sweet of you to think of your elderly friend and take her yummy carrot bisque.

All my kids were with in-laws this year. We had my single sister and DH's single brother over as usual for holidays. Wonderful dinner. Very full tummy! 3 glasses of wine.

Nov accountability: 13/26 days AF
  • LoveyChar
    @MissMay You have a great, uplifting attitude and you're right! I don't have any pictures of my dad and I as I was growing up. Yet, I have some of the best memories with him. Maybe I'll write them down.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @MissMay You have a great, uplifting attitude and you're right! I don't have any pictures of my dad and I as I was growing up. Yet, I have some of the best memories with him. Maybe I'll write them down.

That is sweet to write them down❤ I like the stories better than the photo.

My first late husband was obsessed with me taking pictures. When we were traveling he would always tell me to have the camera ready to get photos. I spent my whole time with my stomach in knots, because if I happened to not get a gazzion pics of what he saw he would get angry. Thing is, I never really was able to retain any of those in my memory bank because I had the camera lens glued to my eye ball. I would have rather been in awe of the moment.

Hope your Thanksgiving with your husband and three children was lovely.
  • MissMay
    Our NEW home over on the Motivation and Support has been created.

There will be the normal monthly thread as always.
    There has been added a link for a separate Less Alcohol information page to shorten the intro.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816792/less-alcohol-december-2020-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

See you December 1st
  • MissMay
    @dawnbgethealthy another month of meeting your goals. Nicely done. Any more skating stories?