WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Noticed a NSV today!

Got out of the shower and noticed for the first time that the towel fit all the way around me, without flaring out and leaving an open gap at the hip like it used to! This is fabulous, now I won't feel like I'm scandalously at risk of flashing the neighbours when I run back to the bedroom from the bathroom (reno budget hasn't allowed for blinds yet!) (or an ensuite bathroom!!)

Super happy!

This is amazing! So pleased for you.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 602 Member
    I am so behind on reading!!

I ended up not needing a ton of weekend exercise inspiration, because my friend invited me to go hiking. We did just under 2 hours and it was great. Unfortunately, we followed it with a diner lunch and then later went for drinks at a tapas place and got food there too.... scale wasn't so happy Sun/Monday. But it sounds like you guys got a lot of fun activities in!

I was pretty good when I first started losing about not going out to eat, not getting takeout, and being firm with friends that I couldn't really go do those things with them. I also cut alcohol strictly but after a few months at a time, it creeps back in. I think for December I need to tighten up the approach again if I want to see some movement before the new year. (And I DO!!)

Yay team for 1st place (in both categories!!) this week!!! We rock.

Also late on my steps @micki48

6mo9kfte6awx.png
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @PlaneMonkey What a great NSV! Keep up the good work ๐Ÿ‘

@jugar The pig cupcakes were super fun and my little boy picked a tail. Because he's a 6 year old boy and booties are hilarious ๐Ÿคฃ My older son went through a pirate phase too!

Wow we did awesome this week! I am really hoping to have a total loss at the end of this month. It will be close but I think it is possible. So far today calories look good and I did an hour of weight lifting.

We set up our Christmas decorations already. I usually wait until December but it just sounded good this year. Anyways, we have this wooden tree cut out that is a little advent calendar. Our dog is terrified of it. He spends a lot of time growling and barking at it. It's so funny ๐Ÿคฃ When he isn't looking we move it to a different spot in the house. Once he notices it's gone he searches the whole house for it! We're enjoying it while we can because pretty soon he'll either get over it or destroy it ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    @conleywoods
    Your dog story is hilarious! I wonder why he thinks it is so terrible - we should start a betting pool on whether it ends up destroyed or the dog gets over it :flushed:

We had one of those all-weather days - rain, sleet, snow, wind, sunshine, more snow... We got some furniture moved around. One was a VERY heavy long table we brought up 2 flights of stairs, and I was on the walking backwards end of things. Good things I have been keeping up with my lunges and balance exercises - it could have been bad! Then the desk I wanted to move into the sewing room (used to be my daughter's room) did not fit through the door. So unless we find a way to dismantle it completely, we're stuck with that staying in our bedroom. It was all good exercise in any case! Now I'm heading off to Denmark to cycle through another episode of Borgen.

Great job on the towel-wrapping, @PlaneMonkey ! Next milestone, staying in a cheap hotel with skimpy towels and having that one wrap all the way around. You'll get there!

No Tuesday weigh-ins, so let's all try to have a Tuesday that will make our weigh-in days good days this week. :heart:
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2020
    jugar wrote: ยป
    @CurvyCalorie so sorry I forgot to change your user name in the spreadsheet until after the tallies were done! Well done in any case - and this week, you lost almost another 2 pounds! Keep up the great losing.

@jugar No worries! Iโ€™m surprised I even figured out how to change my username. Thank you for all your hard work on the team! ๐Ÿ†โญ๏ธโœจ

@micki48 my steps for November 23
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hi everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

ells_runs
    Week 4
    PW 208.6 lbs
    CW 205.4 lbs
    LTD 20 lbs ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Good luck all! ๐Ÿ˜€

Great loss!! Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@PlaneMonkey Congratulations to you on that NSV. That is such a great feeling. I loved and could relate to your description. Way to go.

@conleywoods Loved the piggy cupcakes and HBD to your little one! The dog story is really funny. Iโ€™m going to vote your dog gets over it. I donโ€™t see you allowing him to destroy it. You are too organized and together for that.

@jugar you are a Mighty woman moving your heavy furniture two flights. Thatโ€™s a workout. Glad those buns of steel got your furniture where it needed to be. (Almost) Enjoy your ride.

We had take out last night for my SILs birthday from a Mexican place I havenโ€™t eaten from since March when the pandemic started. We hardly ever get take out. Well, I felt yucky. Still donโ€™t feel like my system is back to normal. I have felt not great eating there long ago in the past. But not like last night. I think my body is so used to my own cooking, it no longer enjoys food I donโ€™t cook. Not sure if it was salt or what (and possibly eating more than I normally do.). So, I wonโ€™t be doing that for a while. Plus Covid19 is so bad here, we arenโ€™t taking anymore chances. My daughter wonโ€™t even let us go to the grocery store. She orders it for us. Lol. Canโ€™t wait for the widespread distribution of the vaccine next spring. A little sad about how bad itโ€™s likely to get in the coming months.

In other news, I am treading water, so to speak, with my weight loss efforts. I am likely to end the year about where I started. I just feel unmotivated to really try hard like when you first start. I still have 30 pounds I need to lose, so Iโ€™m not done, but Iโ€™m just not feeling it. Not sure what it is going to take to get me on board again. I have learned many habits that now allow me to maintain but I need to do more than maintain. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™m going to suddenly start losing weight during the holidays when I bake for fun and because my family loves my cookies. But I need to think of some of the things I can do and set some goals or things to focus on.

How is everyone doing? How are you finding the motivation to keep going when youโ€™ve been doing this for a while?

โค๏ธ
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Steps for monday: 9,155

@micki48 I am having trouble being motivated right now too. I feel like I am missing out on so many of my favorite seasonal treats. And I am an emotional eater, I have always found comfort in food when I am sad/worried/stressed. It has been a very trying time at work lately, we have had several positive covid cases which means tons of people are out because of contact tracing or just people calling out because they're nervous. So every time I have a bad day I just daydream about all the things I want to eat. I have been exercising good will power most days, but I haven't binged on Taco Bell twice in the past couple weeks. I need to find healthier ways to deal with stress.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @Steph1498 Yeassss! YOU got this! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @micki48
    step report for last week
    11/15 23054
    11/16 10355
    11/17 8609
    11/18 9416
    11/19 11414
    11/20 22697
    11/21 13409

@micki48, the baking is tough. I love to cook and bake but then that sweet stuff just sits there calling me. I like what @conleywoods has to say about motivation/discipline.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Good Morning All,
    @Micki48 I get it on the baking I like to bake also, and make holiday cakes, and fudge, and now apparently pies... I will still do it, but I will keep myself so busy with other things that I won't have time, except for a little bit, gotta make fudge and cookies to send to the kid in ND who is all by himself ! I did just send him a crate of Mrs Fields cookies that he really enjoyed, he really liked that they were wrapped in serving sizes, because he could actually share with guys on the flight line, apparently they aren't allowed to share things that aren't individually wrapped, so I gotta remember not to send a ton, because he won't be able to share what I make and send... Boy that got off track didn't it...

@conleywoods I love your take on motivation and you are right on point, I think I finally learned this, this go around, and it's working... My SIL asked me on Friday what diet I was on, and I told her, I'm not on a diet, I am just changing how I relate to food. She of course looked at me weird, but it is what it is. I am not going to stop eating the way I eat, once I get to my goal weight, I will keep eating the way I do now, just a little bit more... As for the exercise, I have learned that at my age and with my spine issues, if I stop exercising for more than 2 days, I feel it, and I don't like that feeling, heck I feel it if I don't do atleast 10 minutes of something once I wake up... So exercise is no longer about weightloss for me, it's more about making me feel good.. Apparently that was my mothers biggest regret before she died, she said "I never should have stopped moving, it led to my decline in health"... So that has stuck with me and will stay stuck...

I did kinda find a way to motivate myself though, I have for the past 3 months been focused on my skincare, so I've been seeing a derm/med esthetician about once a month, and we've been working on my skin, it's been kinda fun and it keeps my mind off food, but at the same time makes me think about it, because what you eat affects your skin. So maybe when you are lacking the motivation for diet and exercise, you can find a new focus that still helps you reach your goals even if it is in some roundabout way.

Have a great day all !
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    @jugar
    CW 242.9 lbs

@micki48 steps from last week:

uyb8f250141n.png

Sorry I've been a bit abssnt, it's been quite busy but I'll try to get back in the swing of things!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    You all rock - the discussion today about motivation, discipline, our relationship to food, bellyaches, and exercise is so good we should put our heads together and write an article for some magazine. Or just be selfish and keep it to ourselves!

@conleywoods - it is so true that we cannot count on motivation. I'm a musician, and if I waited for motivation to practice, I never would have made it. It means doing something we are crap at over and over again until we get really good at it. That is the reward, but sometimes it is long in coming. Every part of the body has to be involved in getting it right - the breath, articulation, fingers, refinements of sound, time, weight - and when it all works, it feels (and sounds!) amazing. Same with eating right, exercise, and all that good stuff. We don't feel like resisting our human urge to relax when in a time of plenty, but it sure feels good when we shift in that direction. Learning to love that pleasure over the pleasure of cookies is a tough one - no doubt about it, but we're working on it, right?

@Gidgitgoescrazy - I hate to rain on your parade, but you won't really be able to eat more in maintenance. You'll be able to eat the amount that keeps you at your goal weight, which is less than you are able to eat to maintain now. I find it does not feel all that different than it did when I was losing, except that I am really used to it now, and it feels normal.

But yeah. Baking is awesome. I'll be doing our annual Swedish coffee rings this year with my daughter YAY! They are so ridiculously delicious, but luckily they get stale fairly fast, and they are just for breakfast for a few days. The danger with having her home will be talking more than exercising. How many calories does a 6 hour gabfest burn?

Back to motivation vs discipline. Trying something new to keep it fresh. Ideas? Fire away!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited November 2020
    @micki48 You're welcome. haha the Ikea in Munich is a two-hour bus ride from the city and leaves me exhausted for some reason. Plus, my german is non-existent so I keep getting lost once I am inside.

@steph1498 Glad you liked it. Here is one for Protein sources. It's from another really good group on mfp so I hope you can access it - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/926789/protein-sources

@conleywoods Thank you so much. Hope you can find ways to include more protein - it's so good for staying full, for muscles and for keeping cravings away.

@eggfreak Glad you liked it. If you want to read further, this group page is a goldmine of information for weight loss, nutrition and muscle gain - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026/important-posts-to-read/p1
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Steps and exercise update for 23rd November:

Steps - 2924
    Exercise - 35 mins Leg strength workout
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @happimess01 Thanks for those links! You're a fountain of information. I'm just so glad I stumbled on this forum during my first week on MFP and found all of you lovely people. I credit my success and the fact that I haven't quit yet to everyone here. Everyone who's added me as a friend has just made my day and in the end, for me, this is like a team sport. I don't want to let down my team so I'm not going to have that extra serving that will put me over the top of my calorie goal. That's exactly the ticket that will work for me for the long run. I need to be accountable to SOMEONE ELSE. Thank you WaistAways!

K, enough outta me. Back to work. :) I'm going to take a page from @Gidgitgoescrazy and take a work walk later. Maybe I'll join that step challenge in December after all!
  • coffeetwist
    coffeetwist Posts: 18 Member
    PW: 81.9kg
    CW: 82.6kg

Wednesday check in. UGH, it's been a very long and stressful week, so I'm not surprised at this week's gain. Insomnia has reared its ugly head which really affects my eating. But I'm at the end of the tunnel of the cause of this week's stress, so here's to a better week next week.
This discussion has been closed.