WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Wednesday steps 16,745
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Thank you all so much for your replies to my motivation question. I am so sorry to have been MIA for a couple days. I’ve been busy cooking and playing (I’ve been Rudolph and Santa and a baby rabbit and a vet, etc My little granddaughter has a very active imagination.) Plus I have reduced my time on my phone thus the apps on my phone. Then, I continue with my nightly journaling. So there is all that.

@MandiSaysHey I hear you. Motivation is hard sometimes but I think Kristi (@conleywoods) hot the nail on the head. “Quit relying on motivation.” It’s true there are days you don’t want to go to work, but still we do it because we have to. That’s a really great comparison and so true. I am definitely like you though. I am a bit better about the feeling of missing out on favorite foods because I eat them. But not as much. Except that occasional cookie slip up. But food is comfort and love in my world too. You’ve got this. We’re in it together.

@conleywoods Great thoughts on motivation. I will keep that in mind. That is so accurate. Just do it. And I definitely agree that you have to change things up to make it exciting and new.

I wonder what it is about that Mexican food? I wasn’t right for two days.

@Steph1498 Great attitude. Hope your day turned out well.

@eggfreak Those baked good sure do have loud voices. Don’t they?!

@Gidgitgoescrazy Your baking sounds amazing too. What kind of holiday cakes do you make?

I have a similar attitude about food. I’m not going to eliminate the things I love. Just figure out how to make it work. You have done an amazing job making it work. I’m glad for the reminder that exercise is about staying “young” and keeping our bodies feeling good. Thanks for that.

@jugar What a wonderful time you have ahead of you with your daughter home for a visit! Please tell us more about these Swedish Coffee rings.

I will keep reading and responding but it may be a bit to catch up with all the posts from you lovelies.

Oh for my Fitbit buddies. My Fitbit was on the blink and would not charge right this week. So steps are off or nil. Then a piece actually broke off it, the same day I finally ordered a new one. I NEED my Fitbit.

• micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy I had a few occasions of anxiety a while back and my dr also gave me meds for use in an emergency. She said having them may mean I won’t need them but it’s a comfort knowing you have them. One thing I did figure out, it had to do with being in peri-menopause. That period (or lack of lol) can cause anxiety. I’ve been good for a while now and I am 3 days away from my “official” menopause. I am on the older side of average at 56. Hope the meds help you feel better. I also found that camomile tea helped. Also good luck with your 5k. Let us know how you do.

@Terytha So sorry it’s been rough. We are all so tired of this pandemic. Never imagined we’d still be dealing with it. Unfortunately here in the US, it looks like it will get even worse. Hang in there and keep checking in.

Welcome @healthygirlintransit! Glad to have you join our team.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating in the US. Stay safe. 🦃😷

And I’m all caught up. Thanks for the steps. I’ll work on that tomorrow. After I take a morning walk perhaps. 😃
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    Weigh-in (1 day early)
    PW: 187.1
    CW: 188.3

Getting behind with reading again! Last weekend was really not great, as the scale can tell. Hoping to keep things reasonable with portions today for Thanksgiving. As @jugar said, determined to be more on the ball in December!

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁🍽
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Wishing all the Americans in the group a great Thanksgiving! I have been spacing out all the conversations today with my family - mom in North Carolina, my brother in Ohio, my dad in Massachusetts, and my sister and nieces in Vermont - getting through the list! We have not spent Thanksgiving together much since I left the US in 1977 but it is always good to talk. I get in a lot of steps - walking around and around while we gab - and that helps on such a foggy, slushy day - snow but just above freezing.

And here I am with the (possibly unwelcome) reminders for Friday weigh-ins:
    @evangsimmons170
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @happimess01
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498

Don't sweat it if you have a "bad" weigh-in this week. I'm getting advice about how to get everyone motivated from my daughter. She's in the Canadian army and is now qualified to lead training. :grimace:
    4ggjfxvl9t62.png
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @jugar That is amazing!!
    I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve eaten today. Haha I decided to not worry about today. My goal is to just enjoy. ❤️❤️
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    @jugar
    pw 144
    cw 145.5
  • CurvyCalorie
    @jugar
    Steps for November 26
  • micki48
    My PT was cooking in the kitchen all day. Everything was yummy. Rainy outside.

I did well not snacking a lot before dinner. I kept eating slices of carrot. I guess I have learned some things the last few years.

Happy Thursday and Thanksgiving all. Christmas decorations go up this weekend.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    Steps today 11,519

I went on a 3 mile walk this morning alone just to get myself moving a bit and to enjoy some alone time. And then after dinner I dragged my son begrudgingly out on another walk lol. So thanks to the steps, I still was within my goal range for the day. I am feeling pretty good about that because I initially thought I would be way over.

I hope everyone who celebrated today had a wonderful holiday. ❤

Good for you!! (& your son :smiley: ). I didn't track my calories but did drag myself out in the evening for a walk. Felt better for it too!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Wow! I didn't realise that I've been too busy to come on here for at least 2 days. And I've lost my MFP streak (I really hate that!)

Hope all my American friends are still enjoying their Thanksgiving celebrations. Sorry I seem to have dropped the ball a little. I have had two new one-to-one students join and have been embroiled in onboarding, lesson plans and trying to complete my new online course lessons.

And now I notice that I haven't updated my steps and exercise since Monday.

So here are the last 3 days:

24th November
    Steps - 2773
    Exercise - 42 mins Full Body HIIT

25th November
    Steps - 2972

26th November
    Steps - 4509
    Exercise - 33mins Tabata
  • CurvyCalorie
    @micki48
    My steps for November 27

Thank you! 😊
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @CanadianGiraffe glad your son is doing better, and totally understandable that it has been challenging to log/lose weight right now. Sounds like you are a great mom and he is lucky to have you. ❤
This discussion has been closed.