Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Restaurant with calories

rosaferreira4rosaferreira4 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
It’s been a while that I’ve been on the app, but did the different restaurant with calories, near your location, got taken out??? I loved that I can add calories to where I am going to eat quickly.

Replies

• cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,607 Member Member Posts: 30,607 Member
    Chain restaurants would likely have most things entered in already.

Small mom and pop stores, likely not.

What are you looking for?
  • rosaferreira4rosaferreira4 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    It was a figure stating what was near you to eat, and calories added next to each item. But it’s true, I would most likely add each item individually, but thanks for the response.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,607 Member Member Posts: 30,607 Member
    Could you be thinking of some other app? I've been on this site since 2007 and I've never heard of that. Sounds like it would be fun.
  • Mouse_PotatoMouse_Potato Member Posts: 1,332 Member Member Posts: 1,332 Member
    I remember that feature. I want to say it was about 2-3 years ago and it was short-lived. I believe it is gone.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 24,310 Member Member Posts: 24,310 Member
    Could you be thinking of some other app? I've been on this site since 2007 and I've never heard of that. Sounds like it would be fun.

It was a beta-type feature they were experimenting with. It never had a lot of restaurants (in my city, anyway) and the information wasn't necessarily that accurate either.
  • bsimic29bsimic29 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Were there any restaurants anywhere that offered "sized" meals according to customer wishes? Something like you order a meal and specify how many calories you want you meal to have and they weight and serve the exact amount of ordered meal to match the calorie count you specified?