Lockdown + Workout = Lockout

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I upped chair cardio today, I'm going to check out a chair yoga routine a yogi did for my CRPS positive outlook group. I plan to at least stretch daily, the rest will depend on my pain levels.

If your chair-cardio and chair-yoga routines are video-stream based, let us know the links!

my work-day morning routine is here => https://youtube.com/watch?v=kfrbE-UUVZA
  • BMcC9
    you know you are "habit-hooked" on a gadget when "you KNOW it's going to be a bad day" just because the doodad isn't in your pocket where it is supposed to be ... and you start frantically searching for it ....and you just Can't FIND it!! My fitbit One is missing .... it is SOMEWHERE in the house .... if not found by noon, I will sync up the backup Zip (hoping the battery in it is good - not "rechargeable style" like the One.)
  • BMcC9
    (Deeeeeep caaaaaalllmmmming breath )

Dec 3 evening - long neighbourhood walk looking at decorated houses

Dec 4 pre-work - 7 minute Pilates balance and flexibility workout done.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,710 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »

If your chair-cardio and chair-yoga routines are video-stream based, let us know the links!

I looked at the link - it's lovely and calming but I don't know that it would energise me in the mornings! I do need to stretch when I get up - I have arthritis in hips and knees and a bad back - but I usually try to move a bit more energetically.
  • lesdarts180
    Week 5
    My goals are:
    - workout every day (even if it's only 15 minutes)
    - bike ride every day, minimum 15 minutes.
    - proper walk outdoors at least 4 times a week.
    - minimum daily steps 12,000

29/11 bike 50 mins, walk 35 mins. Total steps 16,631
    30/11 bike 35 mins, no walk. Total steps 14,375
    01/12 bike 40 mins, walk 30 mins. Total steps 18,038
    02/12 bike 60 mins, walk 50 mins. Total steps 16,971
    03/12 bike 20 minutes, no walk. Total steps 15,034

The weather has turned cold and yesterday was damp as well.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 wrote: »

I looked at the link - it's lovely and calming but I don't know that it would energise me in the mornings! I do need to stretch when I get up - I have arthritis in hips and knees and a bad back - but I usually try to move a bit more energetically.

she has lots of others on her channel, check for something of a length and level that suits you if you like her general style.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    @BMCc9

Here's my arm cardio, I keep saying I'm going to make up my own routine but haven't yet!

https://youtu.be/GWx3G8i_P5U

https://youtu.be/Hy9oG27WGEc
  • Katmary71
    Mine is just to keep at it each day, I'm not sure after that at this point. Should I just start at day 1 again?
    12/1 arm cardio, core, stretching
    12/2 arm cardio, stretching, arm resistant bands
    12/3 arm cardio, stretching
    12/4 arm cardio, stretching, resistance bands
    12/5 arm cardio, stretching
    12/6 arm cardio, stretching, resistant bands
  • lesdarts180
    Week 5
    My goals are:

29/11 bike 50 mins, walk 35 mins. Total steps 16,631
    30/11 bike 35 mins, no walk. Total steps 14,375
    01/12 bike 40 mins, walk 30 mins. Total steps 18,038
    02/12 bike 60 mins, walk 50 mins. Total steps 16,971
    03/12 bike 20 minutes, no walk. Total steps 15,034
    04/12 bike 30 mins, walk 30 mins. Total steps 15,899
    05/12 bike 20 mins, no walk. Total steps 12,501.

All my goals met, and average steps this week 15,636.

I was supposed to be going away on holiday this week - 4 nights in a hotel from Thursday to Monday - with lots of festive food and drink and less opportunity to exercise (no cycling for instance). In the run up to this I lost a couple of pounds weight to the bottom of my maintenance range. The holiday is cancelled - the hotel is in North Wales - so now I'm at home. Our New Years' Eve break is also cancelled, and Christmas Day will be a quiet one with my mum and boyfriend. So I have time for lots of exercise but I don't need to lose any more weight.

It's getting cold here so I shall adjust my goals for the rest of December.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    You ladies are wonderful! Quick check in: will start week 6 of Heather Robertson's 12 week program next week. Long time to stick with it, but that's what this is all about, right? ;-)
  • lesdarts180
    Week 6
    My goals are:

06/12 bike 40 mins, walk 50 mins. Total steps 15,766

I've kept my goals the same but I shall be more forgiving of myself if my bike rides and walks are rather short.
    It's cold today and it was damp earlier so I haven't been out yet. The sun is just struggling out so will probably just nip down to the shops on my bike before lunch.
  • BMcC9
    edited December 2020

I looked at the link - it's lovely and calming but I don't know that it would energize me in the mornings! I do need to stretch when I get up - I have arthritis in hips and knees and a bad back - but I usually try to move a bit more energetically.

This 10 minute "good morning energizer" may be more what you mean (same series) I tried it this morning -I will probably switch to this first thing

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EDB58_1K0NQ

and DH found my fitbit right off the bat ....
  • lesdarts180
    Week 6
    My goals are:

07/12 bike 35 mins, no walk. Total steps 13,452

The sun came out in the later morning so I took a leisurely ride down to the ponds where the swans are, stopped and watched them for a few minutes, exchanged a few words with others down there. It was very pleasant.
  • BMcC9
    15 minutes on my stationary recumbent bike ( in place of the Pilates ) this morning

last night a good long evening walk as well.
  • lesdarts180
    Week 6
    My goals are:

08/12 bike 25 mins, walk 30 mins (10 + 20). Total steps 17,384

I had two short walks outside while the sun made a brief appearance, but did a lot of indoor workouts.
  • BMcC9
    last night over 30 minutes on the stationary bike

over-slept this morning (forgot to set the alarm, and surprisingly fell back asleep )
  • lesdarts180
    Week 6
    My goals are:

09/12 bike 35 mins, no walk. Total steps 14,755.

Cold, cloudy and damp today - ugh!
  • Katmary71
    Hey gang, been struggling a bit. Still doing an arm cardio and stretching workout every morning, haven't done resistance bands or core the last couple days. I'm bored of the same stuff, there's not much variety for arms only.
  • lesdarts180
    Week 6
    My goals are:

09/12 bike 35 mins, no walk. Total steps 14,755.
    10/12 bike 45 mins, walk 30 mins. Total steps 16,134

It was cloudy and wet yesterday but not so cold.
  • BMcC9
    I am making a commitment starting tonight (after work) to stationary bike-time. During my 3-calendar-weeks StayCay starting next Friday evening, I will probably also commit to more steps in my day ... since it will become possible (temporarily) to get out the front door in daylight hours. And while I am doing that, I will be researching / planning strategies to break up my off-site Desk-Sitting stretches some how.

My biggest challenge for maintaining a bike-habit (as the "default scenery" is a rather messy basement) is visual boredom. Fortunately, there is a television set with a set-top box within the eyeline. (it can't do the web, but can do cds, dvds, Netflix and Youtube ..... but I can't quite get the hang of going only part-way through a longer youtube video to continue where I left off via the buttons on the controler (I don't have a "smart phone" to swipe around with)

I also have a tablet that CAN hook to the web, so if anyone has podcast / vlog suggestions to help keep the brain engaged while the legs do their thing, I'd appreciate the link(s).

At one point i did a lot of "biking all over the world" (1st-person visual treadmill workouts on youtube) so that I would have different scenery "unrolling in front of me" but I think I need the "thinking / idea-generating" part of my brain more engaged at this point.