Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Would love to see a sleep log added

marieparo2153marieparo2153 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
I'm such a fan of having a central place for recording key daily information -- food and exercise, of course, but there is so much research about the interaction among sleep patterns, weight loss and overall mood. Adding a journal area and thus incorporating our entries into the reports library would be wonderful. The log could be pretty simple -- e.g., what time did you get into bed, when did you fall asleep, did you wake up during the night, when did you get up in the morning?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 1,035 Member Member Posts: 1,035 Member
    I have my Fitbit versa and it gives me so much sleep data I couldn't possibly track.

I could see those values being neat to have, but I realistically don't see MFP going that route. (based on about 7 years of experience lol)

As a stopgap, you could add that data to the comments section of your diary. I don't think that you could do reporting on that, but it is one possibility.

Alternatively, you could create a simple spreadsheet to track that, along with your weight from the day. It'd be easy to create and then it'd just be using two platforms to create the data. (I know that's not what you were looking for tho).

In terms of the Fitbit... It also syncs to mfp, so you could compare sleep trends to weight trends.