• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Here you go:
    gkcfskb3hsqa.jpg

Thank you!!!! I need to save this lol

I need this explained. What do they mean by 1%? Is that 1% every week? Every month? I have like... 5 lbs to lose but 1% would say i could lose over 1.2 lbs a week still but thats completely different than the recommendation immediately below it.

Op lies in that 500 cal deficit a day range based on the lower portion of that infographic. So if she set it at 1500 and eats back exercise she is probably aiming for about that now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Here you go:
    gkcfskb3hsqa.jpg

Thank you!!!! I need to save this lol

I need this explained. What do they mean by 1%? Is that 1% every week? Every month? I have like... 5 lbs to lose but 1% would say i could lose over 1.2 lbs a week still but thats completely different than the recommendation immediately below it.

Op lies in that 500 cal deficit a day range based on the lower portion of that infographic. So if she set it at 1500 and eats back exercise she is probably aiming for about that now.

It's 1% every week, as the basic rule of thumb.

But see how right under that, it says "that doesn't mean 1% is what you should aim for". The table underneath is a more detailed suggestion of what to aim for.

But it's always fine to go slower, if it's more sustainable. And it's probably fine to go faster if under close medical supervision, in cases where weight loss is urgent for health reasons.