Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Chemotherapy is Evil

darreneatschickendarreneatschicken Member Posts: 641 Member Member Posts: 641 Member
I keep hearing all these stories of people who successfully defeated cancer by following ketogenic diets or by taking natural medicine. The common theme among them is that chemotherapy is evil and that cancer is a disease that is meant to keep corporations rich.

What do you guys think of these thoughts and cases?

Wondering because my dad undergoes chemotherapy every month, but his cancer keeps coming back... Which leads me to wonder: has anyone here ever successfully beaten cancer or know a family member or friend who has? I'm interested in hearing your stories.
edited November 9

Replies

• corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 4,165 Member Member Posts: 4,165 Member
    Yes.

The women in her family die from breast cancer. She refused to.
    She did everything the Doctors advised. She ate healthy. She exercised daily. Even when she was so weak. She read Edgar
    Casey and followed his teachings. She spoke with her spiritual advisor almost daily, sometimes at length. She read books. She was determined all day every day that she would beat it. She did. She lived another 25 years or so, happy. She married again. She lived the retirement most people dream of. She died at just short of 90 of unrelated causes.(heart).

• FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 120 Member Member Posts: 120 Member
    I'm really sorry your father is ill and that the treatment hasn't worked (yet). I think generally the people who tout these things are trying to sell something and they are doing it to people who are so desperate they aren't able to think quite clearly. I mean that with all respect. It's just impossible to think 100% clearly when you're so worried about a family member or about yourself.

When I was struggling with fertility I was desperate for a family and I remember reading all sorts of alternative websites looking for some magic pill. It was the same idea (and probably the same people) making money off my desperation.

Doctors want to do good, but they also want to make money. If they could cure people with selling you a magic diet, they would. If a scientist were able to be the one who went down in history by curing cancer in repeated trials by advocating a special diet. Don't doubt for a second that they would do that. Whatever you do or don't believe about mainstream medicine, be as cynical as you can about it. They would do it if the could. But they have regulations and organizations they need to be accountable to. They can't make unfounded UNPROVABLE claims. If they could do it and repeat it. They would.

Wouldn't you want to be the doctor who proved you could cure cancer and be the one to sell the book that proved your work?

If a diet or a vitamin could cure this, someone would have done a trial and sold the book already. As simple as that. They'd be a billionaire and people would be done dying of cancer right now.

One person getting better while ALSO eating a special diet doesn't mean they got better because of that diet.

Probably far more people got sick and diet while eating the exact same thing.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 4,165 Member Member Posts: 4,165 Member
    Yes.

The women in her family die from breast cancer. She refused to.
    She did everything the Doctors advised. She ate healthy. She exercised daily. Even when she was so weak. She read Edgar
    Casey and followed his teachings. She spoke with her spiritual advisor almost daily, sometimes at length. She read books. She was determined all day every day that she would beat it. She did. She lived another 25 years or so, happy. She married again. She lived the retirement most people dream of. She died at just short of 90 of unrelated causes.(heart).

Does someone else know her? Did I say something that wasn’t true?