After Military Service, mass weight gain

Trying to make this post as short as possible.

-In high school like alot of others I was very active, in sports, went out alot. Was very social.

-After high school joined the Marines. Was obviously very active and in great shape, probably the best I ever was and will be

-After getting out of the military, I fell into a pretty big depression. Did not have the family I had around me all those years in the service. I didnt want to see anyone, didnt want to move, didnt want to do anything besides feel bad for myself and eat like *kitten*.

-Fast foward 2-3 years of doing nothing, hating everything, and feeling sorry for myself. I gained about 100 pounds. I was at 300lbs at 6 foot.

-I stopped feeling bad for myself as much and started to work. fast forward another year, im at 275 lbs, but none of that was intentional (my goal) obviously. However my mental state was alot better, reached out to more and more family.

-Currently. Im at 270, My mental state goes up and down, but its way better then before. I struggle wanting to reach out to old friends, just because of pure embarrassment. I just started working out basically for the past week, and eating healthyish however not tracking. But that needs to change. Its actually pretty tough, being as a manage a deli. The urges are endless haha. Working out is tough because my mind tells me I can do somthing but my body just wont do it. So then mentally it takes a toll.

-I want to commit to it this time. But I find everytime I say this. I fall back so fast. Which is why I wanted to try and reach out to some sort of community. At least to keep myself accountable. Maybe do a weekly update, so when im typing this out, I can feel more accountable and just drive to my goal.

Goals- make tracking food a habbit, working out at least 4 days a week? , Avoid eating poorly, because Im an all or nothing person, its super easy to fall down that slope.

Thanks for reading this poorly written post.

Cheers!