What's your Secret Truth on Weight Loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The only secret is taking responsibility for how much food I eat.

Choices - Actions - Consequences.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Share your truth. The time when you realized truly why you weren't losing the weight.

When I eat fewer calories than I burn, I lose weight.

When I eat more calories than I burn, I gain weight.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've put on some COVID weight as well and I know why. Changing that now.

- drinking my calories way too often. For me this is #1. On the rare occasion I went out to coffee shops, I'd gone back to old habits of ordering "skinny mochas" and sometimes even full calorie lattes when I normally - for years post weight loss - I'd had a 5-10 calorie coffee or Americano.
    - baking way too much.
    - feeling like takeout was a free for all. If I was going to a restaurant I'd also go running errands for 2 hours and a hike. Just waking up on a Saturday and ordering takeout, I was burning no calories and actually eating more food because it felt like a "treat" more so than previously.

Bad ideas.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    With regards to my journey on MFP, there were only two periods when I had seemingly stalled weight loss:
    - a period when I really increased my step count - I was still losing fat, but water retention was masking it on the scale.
    - a period when my calorie intake was hovering just under maintenance (a 100kcal deficit per day, on average) - sort of a diet break/not having the drive for a larger deficit. My weight loss seemed stalled for a while since the slow rate of fat loss was being masked by regular weight fluctuations.