Show us your... Tree!

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Ooh what a fun thread! I’m enjoying looking at all the pretty and unique trees.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    fmlglkr1aiab.jpeg
    31ep299nhsxn.jpeg

Very pretty! Although I definitely expected more bird-themed ornaments.

I just love the middle snowman on the mantel, he's adorable.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    fwxs2zw70ekd.jpg

Very nice!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited December 2020
    @KickassAmazon76 I'm curious as to why people put up trees in November. No judgment - simply curious :)

Because 25 days of maximum joy are simply not enough. We need more joy in our lives.

Do you have a real or artificial tree? I agree on needing joy but I'm not sure how a tree factors into the equation of maximum joy?

To each their own really. how does one define how they attain a level of joy. for me... there is a feeling that I associate with Christmas trees, lights, and music that takes me back to a simpler time when Christmas was magical. Even if it's for a second, I can look at it and I'm transported back to a time from before bills, divorce, illness, stress, and worry. I am that little kid with her family, trimming the tree and looking forward to Santa.

Sure reality slaps me hard in the face shortly thereafter... but I just look back again.

My tree is artificial. So it works. And it will come down when it no longer feels magical.

giphy.gif

ppph1b9ws8lf.png
  • Diatonic12
    edited December 2020
    ^^^That tree is an artificial tree. I grew UP in the land of Christmas trees. Do you know why my father wanted an artificial tree? Because he knew how long it took for a wild native tree to grow and he was not about to cut one down so we had artificial green ones in the land of trees, trees, trees. It is not bragging if it is true, I grew up right here. Lived there all year round in the land of geysers and trees. Yes, I did.

Know why that one is artificial. So it doesn't burn the whole house down. That place is a wooden tender box and one dry tree, one careless match, one careless lighter used by a pesky tourist could burn the entire house down. For real. Some people choose to keep their Christmas tree lights on their porches lit all year 'round. Some people keep some artificial greenery backlit on top of their cupboards. Some people think Christmas does not come but once a year but every single day. That's just the way we roll. Our mileage will always vary.

Do everything on your own terms. Just don't burn the house down. Ask me how I know.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    ppph1b9ws8lf.png

This is a magical tree and place. It's so very beautiful.
  • KickassAmazon76
    I so love all the trees out there. So unique and yet all so beautiful in their own right. Thank you all for sharing. These snippets of home touch my heart.
  • Diatonic12
    edited December 2020
    @KickassAmazon76 Yes, it is. Yes. It is so magical and filled with endless joy that there is not a day goes by that I do not take a trip down memory lane by remembering every single moment that I lived there during my childhood and youth. My childhood home is Old Faithful Geyser and I wear it loud and proud. I would not trade it for any other place on earth. Yellowstone National Park is called The Jewel. It is priceless and nothing can compare. It belongs to me because I take care of it. The pesky will come and go and I always wish they would just go on back home but it's mine. It is the ultimate Christmas gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving. Old Faithful? She's faithful and faithfully gives everyone maximum joy.

je2q0kcj8zcz.png
  • snowflake954
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    ^^^That tree is an artificial tree. I grew UP in the land of Christmas trees. Do you know why my father wanted an artificial tree? Because he knew how long it took for a wild native tree to grow and he was not about to cut one down so we had artificial green ones in the land of trees, trees, trees. It is not bragging if it is true, I grew up right here. Lived there all year round in the land of geysers and trees. Yes, I did.

Know why that one is artificial. So it doesn't burn the whole house down. That place is a wooden tender box and one dry tree, one careless match, one careless lighter used by a pesky tourist could burn the entire house down. For real. Some people choose to keep their Christmas tree lights on their porches lit all year 'round. Some people keep some artificial greenery backlit on top of their cupboards. Some people think Christmas does not come but once a year but every single day. That's just the way we roll. Our mileage will always vary.

Do everything on your own terms. Just don't burn the house down. Ask me how I know.

Yep--exactly. I grew up in Minnesota and we always had a "real" tree from the windbreak my Dad had planted out back. To tell the truth the windbreak needed thinning so the other trees had space to grow as they got bigger. The smell of a real tree is what I remember from my childhood. However the News was full of houses burning down from trees left with the lights on--wooden houses--Poof!

In my apartment in Italy I just can't have a real tree. I tried for 2 years, but it was just too sad for that tree. A dead tree with needles falling everywhere just broke my heart. So I bought an artificial one. I missed that piney smell though. Now there are pine scented sticks to hang on the tree. It's not the same, but helps.
  • rickifaidley
    rickifaidley Posts: 129 Member
    cd3gar68bces.jpeg
    This is one of the trees. I had two!
  • snowflake954
    Wow! Santa must have arrived with a semi! ^^^^
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Santa came!😅 Merry Christmas everyone!🎅🏼🎁🎄

jivapkp1ngzn.jpeg

Intrigued by the basket of goodies under the tree; those are always my favorite types of gifts to give/receive, along with stockings. You savor looking through and discover each thing. :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

That's what my childhood Christmases looked like and even when Our own kids were small. Gifts for little ones are so much more affordable and bulk up faster to make a bigger impression of Santa's visit, than gifts for teens and up, do. Their gifts tend to run in the 100's. :)
    BTW, nice Christmas visits from Santa you guys. I bet your kids' eyes grew 5x Christmas morning. :)

I hate to say it but I'm very glad the day is over and I can get my tree the he!!a outta here. :/

You nailed it! My eldest wanted a few hard cover books this year... Those puppies are like $30 bucks a shot and you can't even SEE them under the tree! Lol. I ended up wrapping their tinier items individually and then putting them in a big box and wrapping that. Made the tree feel full.

Love these trees!
  • ReenieHJ

That's what my childhood Christmases looked like and even when Our own kids were small. Gifts for little ones are so much more affordable and bulk up faster to make a bigger impression of Santa's visit, than gifts for teens and up, do. Their gifts tend to run in the 100's. :)
    BTW, nice Christmas visits from Santa you guys. I bet your kids' eyes grew 5x Christmas morning. :)

I hate to say it but I'm very glad the day is over and I can get my tree the he!!a outta here. :/

You nailed it! My eldest wanted a few hard cover books this year... Those puppies are like $30 bucks a shot and you can't even SEE them under the tree! Lol. I ended up wrapping their tinier items individually and then putting them in a big box and wrapping that. Made the tree feel full.

Love these trees!

Reminds me of the biggest box under our tree last year; it was for me from my dd. I had absolutely no clue what it was. It didn't shake, rattle or roll. So I started opening it. By the time I was done I had this huge pile of duct tape(oh yeh she went all the way; we had to use someone's jack-knife) and boxes and packing material. :) What I got was a thumb drive of our trip to Iceland together. <3
  • ReenieHJ
    @RAinWA He's pondering, contemplating, studying.....it's only a matter of time you know. :) He's seen you hide the key.
    Beautiful Christmas cabinet <3
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    @RAinWA He's pondering, contemplating, studying.....it's only a matter of time you know. :) He's seen you hide the key.
    Beautiful Christmas cabinet <3

Yeah, that cat is just a bit too smart for his own good sometimes!