Christmas 2020

124»

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    🎄🎄 Merry Christmas, Everyone 🎄🎄

May your day be full of joy and every extra calorie be absolutely delicious so that you don't regret a thing when the feasting is over. 💚
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Merry Christmas to you too Laurie! Hope you have a peaceful and happy day. Tomorrow we can all shelve the regrets and plan ahead. We’re so close!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Garfield you inspire!

I'm most certainly in the thousands above maintenance and I have much less delectable excuses than you for over indulging!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes, Bella, I agree with PAV, you are indeed an inspiration.

I have no idea of my "over" - but no doubt in the thousands. Some very high calorie food choices over the past few days - and last nights dinner at a friends was postponed to today. That is okay, because Monday was my planned "back to it" day.

I have enjoyed most moments of this though. But I swear at some points I was determined to eat the less than perfect foods ... almost like I used my "maintain high deficit" determination to finish off a few items. ???? Makes no sense, but in some ways it does. The wanting to be thinner/leaner/stronger me is just looking at things from a different point of view from that other me concerned about survival and upcoming starvation.

Welcome back everyone! We made it through to the other side of the holidays (almost!).
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Bella, you are a miracle!….I think you are so determined and inspiring and so happy you found this group!

PAV and Laurie, you make me smile every single day….some days you both keep me going!

So many really great people in this group….I adore each one of you…I can’t mention each of you because I will forget someone!…

My weight is probably up 25 to 30 pounds from my lowest weight this past June…the holidays seemed to open the gate for me to eat and eat and eat!…Tues. will be the day I start losing again….I felt so fat this afternoon getting dressed to go out for Aliyah’s birthday….my pants were uncomfortable….John said I should change into something more comfortable…I told him I didn’t want to feel comfortable, I wanted to be tight and miserable!….besides I got rid of all my fat clothes!…..I will try to remember this feeling in a few weeks when I think I am starving!
  • Yoolypr
    Whew! Back to reality. I was surprised that I didn’t/couldn’t eat more.
  • conniewilkins56
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Whew! Back to reality. I was surprised that I didn’t/couldn’t eat more.

I wasn’t the least bit surprised how much food I could still poke in my mouth!….it tasted good at first but now I really am sick of it….
  • conniewilkins56
    After feeling horrible all afternoon, I decided I better get a start on Mon. instead of Tues….I can’t keep doing this to myself….
  • Yoolypr
    There’s never a perfect time to start. But it’s just a continuation of things you already know you can do.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    This meal as opposed to the next one is always the best time to start again ;-)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Merry belated Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Merry Christmas! I went a little over maintenance but got many steps (for me) in both Xmas day & Boxing day that it kind of balanced out (but of course don't trust the exercise calories). I am up about 3 pounds and if I can contain it to that I will feel very successful to be honest.

Feeling good, enjoyed every visit & every bite. I am in the lull before gearing up again for New Year's eve and day. Then will have to decide what to do with all the excess - opened I can toss or ration, but what about unopened?? Like entire bags of chips or boxes of chocolate - I can stash in a cupboard but for when?? So trying to get everything at least on the go while I still have others around. 🙃

Today and for a few days I think I will be able to maintain a small deficit but leaving target at maintenance until Jan 3rd.