Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

1327328329330331333»

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,747 Member
    i8xlw5q95k0s.jpg

Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef with red pepper, onion and scallion, plus toasted Sesame seeds.

I would skip the seeds next time.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Wow! Looks lovely! Could have actually used it a short while ago!

My day started with a remarkably good breakfast and snack. But time changes suck, I didn't manage to grab lunch or dinner during the short layover in Montreal (and wasn't quite hungry yet).... but the short flight to Halifax is snacks only 😵‍💫 and by local time we won't be out of the airport till 9pm and probably it will be 10pm plus till we get to the hotel🤯🤯🤯

So I ended up raiding their snack cart for two more tamari flavor snacks!🤷‍♂️
    So 3*229=660Cal of those today!!!!🤯🤯🤯

The ginger shots were low cal and potent medicine! Ok: no medicine. But they TASTE like they COULD be, so I'm convinced they're good for me!🤣

Pictures are from this morning! At least the WiFi has been acceptable! 😎 And the passenger experience relatively comfortable...

01e36cok6bfp.jpg

zqfnsu9vkna5.jpeg

PAV8888 wrote: »
    … and by local time we won't be out of the airport till 9pm and probably it will be 10pm plus till we get to the hotel🤯🤯🤯

Many years ago I did a bike trip through the East Coast. I left the middle of June without my younger son and his dad put him on a plane when school ended at the end of the month. I picked him up at the airport in Halifax fairly late in the day - probably about the same time you arrived - and we got down to the city Nothing was open on the food front… We were staying in hostel international so there was no restaurant there or snack bar.

One of the places we passed was a pizza place that said it was open 24/7.

My son thought it was strange that it was closed and I explained to him that in the Maritimes the days are 30 hours long so it would be closed six hours of the day.

What a good mom I was.

I hope you had better luck finding food When you left the airport.

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,188 Member
    Cereal and yogurt with berries. Small packet of nuts and dried raisin sprinkled on top.

Maybe I’ll be inspired by less humidity and the cooler (low 90s) weather. Hoping I can turn off the AC and open windows later next month. Poor AC has been blasting non stop since late March‼️
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,405 Member
    Nods, still a bear. Hit 90 today for sure, maybe bit higher.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,405 Member
    The very next day, big drop to 60, rain and fall weather...

r9rwuj30jwdq.jpg

Dinner tonight first soup of fall from fresh 2 gal batch of bone broth. Rest of rotisserie chicken, potatoes and carrots. Flavor palette ~ mild red & black peppers, ginger & curry.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,188 Member
    Still hot hot hot here! Although the nighttime temperatures are dipping into the upper 60s finally. I might start thinking about soups soon.