30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,152 Member
    @rnc52012
    I think it depends a lot on how close you are to your ideal weight. One pound a week would seem doable.

When I started last July, I was averaging losing 2.1 pounds/week, but I was 100+ pounds overweight then. Now, still around 50 pounds overweight, I've lost 3 pounds in the last four weeks (that's only 0.75 pounds/week). I've had to adjust to the fact that it may very well take me the rest of the year (as opposed to July) to get to where I want to be. It definitely requires taking the long view, with persistence, perseverance and patience.
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    kwgrandma wrote: »
    It’s Friday weigh-in for me. Seems my progress is slowing down, but still progress. These numbers cross two weeks as I was away for my last weigh-in.

Start 165 lbs
    2 weeks ago 152.2 lbs
    Present 149.6 lbs
    Goal 140 lbs
    Loss this 2 weeks -2.4 lbs
    Total loss 15.4 lbs

Be well everyone!

You’re doing great @kwgrandma !!
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Ugh. I over ate substantially today. My son turned 12 and asked for Fries, chicken strips, pork bites, nachos and DQ ice cream cake. This is his 2nd Covid’ restricted birthday as he was one of the first whose birthday was ‘postponed’ for ‘ a couple weeks’, (or so we thought) last year.

Anyway, we did it up with some good party food this year. Maybe next year he will get a real party with friends??

Back on track tomorrow.

How’s everyone else? It’s been awfully quiet here...

I feel in a bit of a funk lately...not sure if it's the whole pandemic starting to get on my nerves lol but back on track!!! Happy birthday to your son, I know this past year has been hard on kids.

Yes the anniversary of the lock down could very well be a contributing factor. Kids have been hit hard but wow, are they ever resilient. I hope the combination of spring and more vaccines will reinvigorate a very tired society.
    So glad to hear you’re back on track! You’ve got this!
  • shnerb00
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

It could be pandemic fatigue. Not sure where you live but maybe you're also lacking sunshine / vitamin D. I know I am! Today I heard the kids quizzing each other on vocabulary words, and one said "here look at my skin, what word describes it?" The other kids said "pallor". LOL

Last evening, I stopped at Walgreens and ended up buying some salty snacks and ate them like crazy. I've been low carb so it probably was a little breaking point. Today back on track.

I also have become more vigilant about taking vitamin D along with my multivitamin. Don’t know if it’s making a difference with energy but it sure doesn’t hurt to try! I think I’m going to add some iron to the mix.

Hearing and seeing this all through through a kid’s lens is a breath of fresh air. What grade do you teach?
  • shnerb00
    I've been enjoying the opportunity to swim. I had planned to swim every other day, but then I swam 5 days in a row!
    I definitely needed a break after that so no swimming yesterday. Today, I swam 1600 yards, in ~56 minutes. My goal is to swim 1800 yards in an hour. Then, I'd have achieved the speed of migrating sea turtles! I fantasize about being able to hang with a bunch of them for an hour or so. :D

Weighing in tomorrow; I don't think I'll be pleased. :frowning:
    But I know I'm getting better physically, even though I'm not seeing the weight loss I'd like. It's a long slow journey. There's a part of me that's like a kid on a car trip whining, "When are we gonna get there?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?"...
    And I say, "Ahh hush up. Read your book. We'll get there when we get there." :D

Haha. This analogy couldn’t be more spot on!

@rnc52012 slow and steady! Consistency will get you where you want to be. So tough to put a time stamp on it but, when in doubt, ask Google. Lol.
  • kwgrandma
    kwgrandma Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2021
    There have been many things I’ve given up to attain weight loss. Today I’m tossing out another . . . aspartame.

I was away last week visiting family and drank only water, coffee, and tea. I was quite please that I didn’t have any cravings while away. Since returning I’ve been drinking aspartame sweetened lemonade and I haven’t been able to shake the felt need to snack. I did a bit of research online and found aspartame can lead to cravings and weight gain.

**** Anyone else find this to be true? ****

Anyway, I’ve tossed that lemonade in the trash. Water, coffee, tea only. And I’ll be closely reading nutrition labels going forward.

Be well!
  • mochasmommie7193
    mochasmommie7193 Posts: 101 Member
    Count me in! I’d love to join. I NEED TO JOIN. I need some serious Accountability. I’d like to lose exactly 18.4 pounds from what I weighed on yesterday. Because "Life Happens" more often than not for me, I am hoping to reach my goal by the end of June. I will post weekly on Fridays. Best of luck to All of us!

Dec 7th 18.4 (Weight Loss Goal)

Dec 11th -3.4 (Total -3.4) 15.0 To Go
    Dec 18th -1.4 (Total- 4.8) 13.6 To Go
    Dec 25th Merry Christmas
    Jan 1st Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary (Wedding) to me
    Jan 8th +4.8 (Total 0.0) 18.4 To Go (Earned, Owning and Pressing On!)
    Jan 15th -1.2 (Total -1.2) 17.2 To Go
    Jan 22nd -1.0 (Total -2.2) 16.2 To Go
    Jan 29th -0.6 (Total -2.8) 15.6 To Go
    Feb 5th -1.4 (Total -4.2) 14.2 To Go
    Feb 12th -0.4 (Total -4.6) 13.8 To Go
    Feb 19th -1.4 (Total -6.0) 12.4 To Go
    Feb 26th -0.2 (Total -6.2) 12.2 To Go
    Mar 5th -0.6 (Total 6.8) 11.6 To Go
    Mar 12th -1.4 (Total 8.2) 10.2 To Go
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @WeatherJane Great progress!! You are inching closer to the 160s. Soon!
  • RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    Good Saturday Morning Everyone🌞
    Sunny but cold here in Ontario at -5.
    So I had a 'free from MFP' day and just wanted to share some nutrition info that I begrudgingly recorded on my daily food intake for yesterday.
    I ate the entire bag of this last night....ok....honestly, in bed!! Plus a bunch of other stuff. And I'm ok with it as I planned to have a high calorie, eat whatever day. But wanted to share that this package of "healthy" snacks was 1100 calories for the whole bag. I knew that nuts were high calorie, but seeing it on paper so to speak was a reminder to stick to reasonable serving sizes!
    Anyway have a great weekend ! kbuvv10kurco.jpg
    syi1ogli83tz.jpg

• RunDMC2021
    @rnc52012
    I think it depends a lot on how close you are to your ideal weight. One pound a week would seem doable.

When I started last July, I was averaging losing 2.1 pounds/week, but I was 100+ pounds overweight then. Now, still around 50 pounds overweight, I've lost 3 pounds in the last four weeks (that's only 0.75 pounds/week). I've had to adjust to the fact that it may very well take me the rest of the year (as opposed to July) to get to where I want to be. It definitely requires taking the long view, with persistence, perseverance and patience.

@frankbrown You are doing wonderful! 50lbs lost...that is amazing hard work & commitment. Inspiring
  • RunDMC2021
    edited March 2021
    I've been enjoying the opportunity to swim. I had planned to swim every other day, but then I swam 5 days in a row!
    I definitely needed a break after that so no swimming yesterday. Today, I swam 1600 yards, in ~56 minutes. My goal is to swim 1800 yards in an hour. Then, I'd have achieved the speed of migrating sea turtles! I fantasize about being able to hang with a bunch of them for an hour or so. :D

But I know I'm getting better physically, even though I'm not seeing the weight loss I'd like. It's a long slow journey. There's a part of me that's like a kid on a car trip whining, "When are we gonna get there?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?"...

@rnc52012 slow and steady! Consistency will get you where you want to be. So tough to put a time stamp on it but, when in doubt, ask Google. Lol.

Sometimes Google is a fun distraction 😉My friends (mostly much younger) tease me about my enthusiasm to Google when I'm curious. The younger generation doesn't get that we had to actually go to the library, sign out all the books on the paper cards, then carry them all home and crack open all the books to do research to get an answer!!
  • shnerb00
    rnc52012 wrote: »
    Good Saturday Morning Everyone🌞
    Sunny but cold here in Ontario at -5.
    So I had a 'free from MFP' day and just wanted to share some nutrition info that I begrudgingly recorded on my daily food intake for yesterday.
    I ate the entire bag of this last night....ok....honestly, in bed!! Plus a bunch of other stuff. And I'm ok with it as I planned to have a high calorie, eat whatever day. But wanted to share that this package of "healthy" snacks was 1100 calories for the whole bag. I knew that nuts were high calorie, but seeing it on paper so to speak was a reminder to stick to reasonable serving sizes!
    Anyway have a great weekend ! kbuvv10kurco.jpg
    syi1ogli83tz.jpg

This is such an important note. I rarely keep trail mix in the house because I can so easily over eat them. When I do measure and eat a ‘serving size’ as recommended on the package I never feel as satisfied as I think I should with that high number of calories. This is a good reminder that it can sometimes be just as easy to over eat some ‘healthy’ foods as unhealthy.
  • RubyRed427
    Good morning! I took it easy yesterday walking but will need 10,000 steps today for my challenge. I'm going to get a massage now; I was planning on workout before the massage but this bed is too cozy at the moment.

I also have not been to Planet Fitness in weeks to life weights. That's on my goal list this week. Have a great day!
  • RubyRed427
    @shnerb00 I hear you! Trailmix and these nut packages sure do add up! I love the crunch and sometimes they have little chocolate chips in them. But the calories are brutal!!! I would be better off eating a small bag of potato chips which would probably be less calories. But they do say nuts are good fats.

• RubyRed427
    rnc52012 wrote: »

Sometimes Google is a fun distraction 😉My friends (mostly much younger) tease me about my enthusiasm to Google when I'm curious. The younger generation doesn't get that we had to actually go to the library, sign out all the books on the paper cards, then carry them all home and crack open all the books to do research to get an answer!!

Card catalogs. The Dewey decimal system. Microfiche .... you brought back good memories. Remember the big volume encyclopedias you would have to buy each year to update the info. My parents eventually stopped buying them. But I really loved reading them.