What "trendy" foods do you have no interest in trying?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I made the tic tok pasta with tomatoes, feta and olive oil on Sunday. It was good! Even with whole wheat pasta which I am not a huge fan of. Ate the leftovers for lunch yesterday.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the hype about canned wine and cocktails.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    33gail33 wrote: »
    I made the tic tok pasta with tomatoes, feta and olive oil on Sunday. It was good! Even with whole wheat pasta which I am not a huge fan of. Ate the leftovers for lunch yesterday.

Yeah, I tried it tonight, too, on red lentil penne. Non-revolutionary, but pretty and quite tasty. Seriously dead easy, like 5 minutes actual work, which is nice. It was a good reminder of how yummy roasted tomatoes are, too. I added a little fresh-grated parmesan after this photo, besides.
    kya03fctxjwf.jpg

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

I don’t think they are meant for home consumption. They are more convenient for outdoors, having a picnic. Many parks and beaches don’t allow glass containers.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Ah. I've managed to avoid TikTok to date.

I don't use it either but keep hearing about this "trend" all over the news and instagram and all my friends are raving about it.
    r7yu0glkbcxw.png

The tomatoes sound weird but pasta baked with butter and feta was my childhood...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    33gail33 wrote: »

Yeah, I tried it tonight, too, on red lentil penne. Non-revolutionary, but pretty and quite tasty. Seriously dead easy, like 5 minutes actual work, which is nice. It was a good reminder of how yummy roasted tomatoes are, too. I added a little fresh-grated parmesan after this photo, besides.
    kya03fctxjwf.jpg

Wow that does look delicious!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

It's got to be convenience, no? Like being able to bring them for a picnic or something. I knew people all hyped up about them in the summer for portability reasons. Also, if you don't make cocktails a lot and don't want to buy everything you would need to do so, it seems convenient. I don't drink anymore and was strictly a wine in a bottle kind of person when I did, but I still get it.