Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Share your story with MyFitnessPal! What are your New Year’s resolutions?

123457»

Replies

• ScheduleItScheduleIt Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    These are not really New Year’s resolutions, but my story is that I am trying to incorporate sustainable habits into my day to day.

I’ve been on WW, Spark People, and a few others, all trying to figure out this weight loss thing!

It seems once the weight is there, it is quite difficult to take off!

Any how, I like the setup of MFP the best, and I am working on my habits, one by one.

Feel free to add me as a supportive friend!
  • swiftgirlmswiftgirlm Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, I'm 47 and have a sedentary office job. I was very sports minded as a teen, but after getting married, working and having children I stopped taking time for me and gained roughly 50lbs. Now my children have recently left the nest, and my husband and I have fallen in love with sea kayaking. We have 2 new Delta kayaks arriving this spring!!

So, my goal this year is to:
    - lose 50 lb (42 lb to go!!)
    - be strong enough to do a self-recovery in my kayak
    - have endurance to carry gear and paddle in challenging conditions

I want to be fit so I can enjoy the sport of sea kayaking!

My daughter and I get together and exercise in my home gym 3 to 4 times a week (using NTC workouts with Betina Gozo and adding in treadmill work). The accountability has been essential to my journey so far, and staying focused on my goal has helped me eat with self discipline.

Here's to a fantastic year ahead! 🥂
    edited February 15
  • frecklesandkalefrecklesandkale Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    2021 DREAM GOAL WEIGHT is 124 but I can't even imagine it! I've been stuck for YEARS due to lack of consistency/laziness. Having someone who loves your body "no matter what" doesn't help lol ;)

Happy to be back in this community! I lost 15 pounds counting cals on this site (1200/day) in 2015 & slowly slipped into old habits.

Now my bras are feeling tight. It's time, hunny!

I have not had meat in 15 years & have not had dairy in 8 years. They both cause weight loss for me, although I was only a teenager then. I also gave up alcohol for all of 2021 after having Covid-19 in December. After 2 weeks of involuntary bedrest, I gained a new appreciation for what my body can do. Humas are pretty bada$$.

Anyway...hi! WE ARE ALL KILLING IT! You guys are awesome & inspring. Something feels different this time. We could be sitting on Instagram but instead we are here. Good for us. Lets do this!!!! xo <3

5'2"/ age 29
    2021 SW: 147lb
    CW: 140lb
    GW: 135lb
    UGW: 130lb (according my MFP I should be "133.4 in 5 weeks at 1200/cal" - we will see about that lol)
    edited February 15
  • pollyeloquentpollyeloquent Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    I'm new to this site. I'm a regular exerciser and I love to mix it up--running, yoga, pilates, HIIT Workouts, bodyweight exercises, biking, mountain climbing etc.. Since January, I'm cutting the carbs to get rid of the bobble belly, loading up on the veggies, trying to drink more water, and working on my posture. I'm stacked and I've spent much of my life hunched over, but at the end of last year, I had pain between my shoulders and the thing that got rid of the pain was reforming my posture. It's a bear, but I know if I don't keep at it, I'll be headed for the bell tower. So it's boobs up and shoulders back from now on! :smiley: Wishing you all perseverance and success. Thanks for reading. :smile: