DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I actually never had fruitcake 😂 I would totally try that recipe

Agree. If someone made it from scratch👍...but the store bought👎
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Re the super sweet sweet potato casserole - we never had this growing up but I have had it elsewhere, most recently at my OH's family Easter. I love it and have made it twice. It really is ridiculously rich to be considered a vegetable side dish, but I think it's just fine as a dessert.

Last time I left off the marshmallows and doubled the cranberries. Next time I'm going to look at reducing the butter and sugar.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216246/stacys-half-cup-sweet-potato-casserole/

Cranberries would improve it . . . anything to cut the sweety sweet sweetness!

I don't do marshmallows (not vegetarian), but that's too sweet for me, in the usual version. I used to make sweet potatoes (for holidays with the relatives) with pineapple and walnuts, which I thought was pretty tasty . . . but they prefer the marshmallow/butter/more sugar version. These days - in years when not soloing - I make coleslaw. That, they seem OK with.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    My husband and his sister always give each other a Lifesavers Book as a gag gift. Gag, as in both loath lifesavers.

I baked and ate almost half a pan of toffee cookies today. Am now moving them from Best to Worst. When will I ever learn?

But if it includes wintergreen, you can eat them in a closet and watch the mini-lightning!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    My husband and his sister always give each other a Lifesavers Book as a gag gift. Gag, as in both loath lifesavers.

I baked and ate almost half a pan of toffee cookies today. Am now moving them from Best to Worst. When will I ever learn?

But if it includes wintergreen, you can eat them in a closet and watch the mini-lightning!

Didn’t know that about the wintergreen. We used to get these as kids. I didn’t like them even then.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Didn’t know that about the wintergreen. We used to get these as kids. I didn’t like them even then.

Yes, they give off blue-greenish sparks in the dark when you bite into a dry one, and it breaks. (No need to swallow. 😉)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    New favorite: (Whole Foods) BÛCHE DE NOËL

A feast for the eyes. So sweet! I only could manage a tiny piece.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    New favorite: (Whole Foods) BÛCHE DE NOËL

A feast for the eyes. So sweet! I only could manage a tiny piece.

My sister made that this year but alas we were celebrating apart so I did not get to have any :(

I believe my nephew and BIL helped with the "mushrooms."

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/buche-de-noel-yule-log/

buche-de-noel-yule-log-600x900.jpg