40+ Friends Starting Fresh 2021

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Hi! I figured I would share my truth since everyone seems to be so open and supportive on this thread.

I'm 47, and I am not new to MFP. I lost 80lbs using this app several years ago but have gained most of that back. I won't bore you with the details of how because that's not important. What's important now is that I'm back, focused, and more determined than ever. If it weren't for the extra pounds, one wouldn't even know that I ever stopped exercising, logging or making good food choices. I just picked up from where I left off, and it's good to be back.

I'm not sure yet precisely how much weight I want to lose this time around, but I'll see how I'm looking and feeling after I drop 50lbs. I plan to take my measurements too because that was helpful the last time. That was especially encouraging as I began to get leaner from strength training.

For those looking for friends, I'm here. Just so you know, I don't drink or smoke (never have) so I can't relate to those addictions. Also, I'm a vegetarian (about 80% vegan) so I can't relate to meat lovers. If you love carbs, I can relate to that. 😁 Finally, and most importantly to me, I'm a Christian. Nevertheless, I'm accepting of all and love to encourage others. It's my super power so I've been told.

I'm looking forward to a healthier and fitter year and wishing all of you the same!

• kaechelle1977
    kaechelle1977 Posts: 30 Member
    Is the only way to post is starting a new post at the bottom of the Feed? I’ve tried replying to individual posts but I can’t figure out how to do it. I feel like I’m in one of those commercials with the guy that explains how to not turn into your parents. I’d you haven’t seen the commercial here is a link, cracks me up. https://youtu.be/dTGfLObZYfUIs

To reply to someone, click "Quote" below their post and it does this. 🙂
  • kaechelle1977
    gmbenji4 wrote: »
    Hang in there! I am not new to using MFP for meal entries, but am new to this Community section. I have always been more successful when there’s someone to lean on every once in a while. I’m not sure how this “chat” works, but if there’s a way to keep up a dialogue I’m game! One day at a time, one day closer to your goal!

To keep up with this thread, scroll to the top and click the small star near the title of the chat to save it as a favorite. To see your favorites, click the larger star at the top. It will tell you if there are new comments since you last visited.
  • kaechelle1977
    Hi, I'm Karen from Texas. I'm 43 years old, 5'3", and over 300 pounds. 😕 I have at least 130 I want to lose.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Hi, I'm Karen from Texas. I'm 43 years old, 5'3", and over 300 pounds. 😕 I have at least 130 I want to lose.

You can do it!
  • Laughter_Girl
    gmbenji4 wrote: »
    Hang in there! I am not new to using MFP for meal entries, but am new to this Community section. I have always been more successful when there’s someone to lean on every once in a while. I’m not sure how this “chat” works, but if there’s a way to keep up a dialogue I’m game! One day at a time, one day closer to your goal!

To keep up with this thread, scroll to the top and click the small star near the title of the chat to save it as a favorite. To see your favorites, click the larger star at the top. It will tell you if there are new comments since you last visited.

I didn't know that about the star. That's helpful. Thanks!
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    Today it got a bit easier to walk outside. I tend to prefer walking when there is no one around, so its mostly at night when I feel really comfortable to walk. It was super cold but I made it to 50 mins!

@SunnyBunBun79

Great job! Have you considered walking indoors (in your home)? I found lots of walking videos on Youtube. This way you don't have to walk outside in the cold.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Today it got a bit easier to walk outside. I tend to prefer walking when there is no one around, so its mostly at night when I feel really comfortable to walk. It was super cold but I made it to 50 mins!

@SunnyBunBun79

Great job! Have you considered walking indoors (in your home)? I found lots of walking videos on Youtube. This way you don't have to walk outside in the cold.

I would except , since Im homeschooling, im always at home so this is a bit of my 'me' time :p I look like a babushka, but at least im warm and no one is around hahaha
  • karl05_
    karl05_ Posts: 91 Member
    Hi , 46 years old and was a keen runner before last November, work and the current state of the world got me down and I put on nearly 2 stone , soooooo here we go trying to fix that mistake . All help will be gratefully received and given 😊
  • Laughter_Girl
    karl05_ wrote: »
    Hi , 46 years old and was a keen runner before last November, work and the current state of the world got me down and I put on nearly 2 stone , soooooo here we go trying to fix that mistake . All help will be gratefully received and given 😊

Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track already. You're here and focused on what you need to do. Be great!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    I’m 45 and I’m from England. I started using MyFitnessPal 10 years ago to lose the last few pounds slowly, and I kept the weight off until I got pregnant, and have yo-yoed for the 7 years since, never even getting close to my goal weight.

This time is different though. I’m closer to my goal than I’ve been in 7 years. I took 408 days to lose 10kg (22lb), but as long as it doesn’t go back up I don’t care how long it takes. I’m in the best place I’ve ever been mentally, having divorced and found my lovely boyfriend (not strictly in that order 🙈😂), so this is the year to get my body back in shape too.

Weirdly, I find lockdown gives me more control of what I eat and drink, so that’s making it easier for me rather than harder. I use a FitBit and have for years too.

• Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 591 Member
    karl05_ wrote: »

I think we ALL have "put on weight" as 2020 was so crazy!

Welcome and you can do this, add me if you want.
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    49 yr old chunky vegan in the middle of the US, have lost 10lbs and want to lose about 25-30 more. I run (slowly) and ride horses, but winter has me bored out of my damn mind so I eat and binge-watch whatever. I have a boring part-time job with little interaction with people, COVID has everything shut down and the weather is crap. I know I'll be crazy busy in a few months, but I need some interaction and motivation until then. I'd love some new friends to chat with!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Lost 2.2 pounds this week. If only I can keep going in the right direction!
  • karl05_
    Any other runners on here ?
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    What do you consider running? My fastest pace was 9.59/mile. I generally average about 10.10/mile for 6-12 miles.
  • Matty_Bowman
    Matty_Bowman Posts: 39 Member
    Hey everyone! I’m 42 and need to lose 40. I want to help you do this so you can help me! We can crush it together! Mindfulness and love and support! I believe in everyone here for even trying, even getting the app is step towards commitment. I want us all to achieve what we need, and I believe we all can! I’m covered in tattoos so it hides my body, but I’m doing this for me, to not get tired and winded just being alive! Let’s do this kids! Friend me and let’s lift each other on this journey!
  • karl05_
    What do you consider running? My fastest pace was 9.59/mile. I generally average about 10.10/mile for 6-12 miles.

At the moment a mile a week for me is a good time , just looking for motivation mainly , and if I can others on the way then great 👍
  • coffeesunrise
    coffeesunrise Posts: 12 Member
    Im 45 Aussie mum of four def in thos for the longhaul. Anyone needing supportive friends is welcome to add me