January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    @noblsheep Garmin reckons I burn half the calories cycling that I burn running. Guess I don't do it hard enough πŸ˜‚
    Some of those meds are awful. When I was on anti-depressants I was a zombie, so spaced out. Don't know if you've ever used 7cups.com, I have found it helpful at times when I've needed to get stuff off my chest. Plus, of course, always here if you need a chat in the silly hours.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    Glad things are going so well for you right now @Avidkeo . It's great when you love your training plan. Enjoy your mom while she's there.

@katharmonic That looks like a lovely, albeit cold, place to run. Speed Demon does look happy to be "in charge." Congrats on your PB bench press! That's awesome.

@rheddmobile You did great on your race and keeping close to the actual course. Third in your AG is nothing to sneeze at! Love that you outran the group of grade-schoolers. LOL

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time @noblsheep ! Sometimes the "cure" is worse than what ails you. I don't know if it would help or not, but I journal everyday. It really helps me when I am depressed - able to get my feelings out and work through them. And, please feel free to rant at us anytime. We do care.

@ContraryMaryMary Fingers crossed that the stronger antihistamines will work for your daughter. Good for you for getting out and doing hills after not having much sleep. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

• kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    @AlphaHowls Ouch, I hope you're feeling better after your fall

@polskagirl01 -19Β°C!! Now that is cold! I don't think it has ever dropped below 4Β°C where I live and that has me bundled up and firmly indoors

@elearnorhawkins Love the positive attitude and great job running on stones - that's not easy!

@Faebert Hope you're feeling better after the tooth extraction

@katharmonic WTG on the bench press PB!

@rheddmobile Fantastic job on the 3k race

@noblsheep Hugs to you x Those meds sound awful

@ContraryMaryMary I hope the new antihistamines worked. I'm jealous of your Waiheke holiday :)

@martaindale Those family hikes sound wonderful
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2021
    Well it looks like Jan isn't much fun all around - good job we have our running to keep us going. I haven't slept well this week though I know my reason which is work related, now over and we move on - think I might have one of those afternoon naps @ContraryMaryMary 😊

Now come on @noblsheep that wasn't much of rant - give it some, we are good for it!

On the other hand that looks like you did have fun @rheddmobile

OH MY WORD @Camaramandy648 I just had time to actually read the last few days. 100 MILES!!! Three words A MAZE ZING! You just rock it. I have no words πŸ™‡

The RtW2021 Challenge is almost on track (only 9 miles behind) and places still available. We zoomed through London and down the Mall past the site we hope @thisvickyruns will be going past later this year
    9yjcfafcobhl.jpg

Waved at @Faebert (no cup of tea on offer though!) on the way through over the roundabout at Buck P and head of down the A23 toward Brighton. I love the spirit of Brighton where everyone is accepted as who they are unless you are a *kitten*. Brighton's latest magnificent glory is the BA360
    7l5bk0d3i1x7.jpg
    This was recently described by a local comedian as (do not open if you are offended by sexual references)
    "Celebrating Brighton's free love community by making a giant c*ck ring go up and down a 531 ft phallus all day long"

We sprinted off along the South Downs so I just ran up the nearest peak I could to celebrate only to find I had left my phone on charge so here is someone else's picture
    4qt9ypaf0g55.jpg

We are here for anyone who is struggling and wants to vent, if you don't want to go public then drop me a friend request. It is doubtful I can solve your problems but I can listen to you, from my IT days I am a good 'Rubber Duck'

We really don't.... we hope we aren't successful in the ballot is what we hope πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @katharmonic My apologies to Stella! I'm horrible with names, human and otherwise apparently. Hope you manage to sleep better tonight!

@martaindale Yeah for the family hikes. Making memories to last a lifetime.

@eleanorhawkins I hope you get to see your dad this summer. How is he doing?

@Avidkeo Nice. I would be thankful to have missed the rain. I don't like wet shoes/socks. Yeah for making progress on your monster hill. You'll make it to the top again before you know it.

I walked to my mom's and back today, plus some extra. I spent about 3 hours with her - paying a bill, balancing the checkbook, talking to neighbor's that stopped by, and finishing up and starting another jigsaw puzzle. I'm glad I live close enough that I can walk, since I can't drive right now. I intentionally walked a total of 2.1 miles today.

Yay for the walk!