littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday 23rd

Only one snack oops, 3
    Cook proper evening meal yes
    Finish wrapping presents yes
    Exercises easy ones
    Last shop, go early yes
    Wait at parents house for skip to arrive yes, did an hour clearing in the very cold house while waiting

I want to get a lot done today as I have grandson here tomorrow all day. And everything has to be wrapped and hidden before he arrives. Looking forward to having him.

Will be a busy day today prepping for tomorrow and keeping grandson entertained. Will aim for only one snack and getting out for a walk.

Have a Happy Christmas everyone!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Morning: Check email. Laundry.
    3. Reading: Amari and the Night Brothers.
    4. Writing: Unions. Capitalization. 1 hr. Visit in-laws A.
    5. Script: Shoot ROL. Wash hair.
    6. Evening: LIvestream. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    7. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr (NFH) while playing sleepy music.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 12/29. Conf 1/?. Lunch w/in-laws B 12/25. Ankle checkup 12/27. Start planning Saturday Seven. Yoga at library 1/8. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 196.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP March? Therapy 9:15 12/29. Ankle 9:15 12/27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Things I have learned: Getting the scale to decide what you weigh is nearly impossible when you have to balance on one foot. :P
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: ... Focus?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    V has her surgery yesterday, and the surgery went well, but she came out of anesthesia poorly. They came and got us because they weren’t sure if she was seizing or if it had to do with her tick disorder. Basically I had to watch her convulse for 20-30 minutes. She was actually violently ticking, it was so scary, but I had to stay calm to keep her calm. I’m really not sure how I did that. Eventually the anthologist came back and gave her some anti seizure medicine similar to the meds she takes daily. Over the next 15 minutes the convulsions lessened and finally stopped. It was the most helpless I’ve ever felt.

On FB and IRW I Simple said the surgery was a success and that V is recovering, but I needed to get out the whole story. Keeping it bottled up was really getting to me.

Thanks for being my safe place.

OMG ...that had to be very scary. I am glad she is OK now. hugs
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Yesterday I slept later than I expected, so I got started a bit behind and, with all my things to do, I never got around to posting JFT. Did log my food and got a 3.6 mi walk with dog in snow & wintry mix. Made footing a bit slippery so I took much slower pace than usual. With winter walking boots and wearing layers, that's actually more of a workout.

Anyway, got the stollen made (one batch makes three), picked up Breadsmith order, prepped final year end donations, finally wrote sympathy card, wrote Xmas cards for hubby, mailed all the things, choir rehearsal at 6:30, and washed nearly all the dishes. Today is dreary and rainy, decided not to walk dog & no x-training either. Oh well. Busy enjoying the holiday prep and time with hubby at home is more important.

JFT F 12/24
    1) Frost & decorate stollen :) / wrap two stollen for gifts / prep food gift for my parents
    2) Early prep for supper: acorn squash & green bean casserole ready :) / washed rest of dishes :)
    3) Move hourly
    4) Net calories zero / 14c water
    5) Prep meatloaf (hubby always mixes) / everything in oven by 5
    6) Candlelight service 8:00
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:30 alarm (choir at church 9:30, leave after for youngest brother's house 90 miles away)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21 ~ 11.30.21 slightly better
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 YAY finished with 460.08 = 2X medal / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - still away from home, eating in restaurants. I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all!
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all!

I gained weight from last week, 1.5 lbs. I am going to spend some time today thinking about my husband's advice to halve what I plate, atomic habits, and how to do some fasting while still cooking and being positive. I frequently feel like my body is the enemy, and if it gets scared for its life (not eating for a day while exercising) then it gives up an ounce or two. It is very good at gaining weight darn it.

@pridesabtch (((hugs)))) I'm so sorry about what happened with V and not being able to do much. Being there for her was very helpful, I'm sure!

@cschmitz110515 I had to look up stollen. : ) I'm not willing to go walking around in that ice out there! I wish bundling up to go get the mail counted for a calorie or two! haha It's supposed to be -3 F next week for the low, Inland Northwest. Every day I check the weather for our new place though; trying to get used to a different mode. Their temperatures are more mild, but they get serious wind (high elevation). My husband has promised to take me on walks, which I'm really looking forward to! By the way, I like thinking of you walking on a pretty path with your dog. Maybe I'll get to do something similar soon. : )

I did end up suddenly cooking/baking a lot of things, standing in the kitchen for hours yesterday (I will not do dishes until later tonight). I think I got behind on kitchen stuff because we've been spending so much time planning and preparing for the move. That and perhaps I was expecting to be asked to make certain things to drop off at someone's house, like at Thanksgiving (didn't happen though). So, I relaxed on Friday, made a list, and made a bunch of things. I wanted to make it nice for us two. I'm relieved that this year was relatively drama-free. And, we are looking forward to a new place. Lot of struggles and lack of resources, but we had started to think it wasn't ever going to happen. Thanking God

Merry Christmas
    I hope this time is peaceful for all, and perhaps inspirational
    Give yourself and your loved ones the gift of good health (mind, body, soul), this coming year
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @pridesabtch I'm so sorry that you went through that. Hopeful thoughts sent your way. May everything turn out successfully. <3
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Morning: Check email. Laundry.
    3. Reading: Into the Wild Light. Update GR.
    4. Writing: Clois. 1 hr.
    5. Script: Unions. Capitalization. Livestream. Podcast.
    6. Evening: Coloring? Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    7. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr (NFH) while playing sleepy music.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 12/29. Conf 1/?. Lunch w/in-laws B 12/25. Ankle checkup 12/27. Start planning Saturday Seven. Yoga at library 1/8. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 196.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP March? Therapy 9:15 12/29. Ankle 9:15 12/27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I'm grateful that I've made it through Christmas without eating myself stupid.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: ... Focus?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    V has her surgery yesterday, and the surgery went well, but she came out of anesthesia poorly. They came and got us because they weren’t sure if she was seizing or if it had to do with her tick disorder. Basically I had to watch her convulse for 20-30 minutes. She was actually violently ticking, it was so scary, but I had to stay calm to keep her calm. I’m really not sure how I did that. Eventually the anthologist came back and gave her some anti seizure medicine similar to the meds she takes daily. Over the next 15 minutes the convulsions lessened and finally stopped. It was the most helpless I’ve ever felt.

On FB and IRW I Simple said the surgery was a success and that V is recovering, but I needed to get out the whole story. Keeping it bottled up was really getting to me.

That must have been so difficult to watch, glad you were able to tell us about it.

I don't like that helpless feeling either.
    The important thing Is you were there for her. I'm glad she's starting to feel a bit better.
    I'm not sure if I missed what kind of surgery she was having or if you've kept that private but either way. I hope she makes a speedy recovery xx
  • Bex953172
    Options
    My Christmas dinner was huge lol. We only managed to eat half the turkey.
    Saskia and Marley tried their best with it. Casey barely ate any but I had noticed that all day she was stuffing her face with sweets and chocolate.
    It's the only time I'll let them do it so she definitely seized the opportunity 😂

If I think about it from her perspective, Casey had a great day haha
    She threw and almighty tantrum at bed time because she just didn't want to go to bed and for the fun to end. And she's not much of a tantrumer. She'll cry about stuff and moan and shout but this time it was full on haha and she knew exactly what she wanted to do, but she had to go to bed.

The funniest was the dog. No dog food for him on Xmas day. He had a full Christmas dinner with us. With all the trimmings lol.
    He was that full he had to retreat to the sofa rather than his bed. Where he just spread out like a big fatty and slept.

I hope you all had a good day :) XXX
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Regretting the dogs Christmas dinner. It's coming out the other end in an unfortunate way. So glad he's toilet trained.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    A belated Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating! I'm sorry for disappearing again. That last push to wrap up the semester and finish getting ready for Christmas was even more hectic than usual. Then Covid exposures on both ends upended plans to get together with our sons, and my husband and I spent hours hunting for testing appointments and at home test kits. Our rapid tests were negative, but we're still waiting on the PCR results before we try to reschedule everything.

The high point of our quiet Christmas was a walk in the park to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather. Amazing what a brisk walk and a breath of fresh air can do for my spirits!

Today I'm off to a lazy start but hope to get a walk in after lunch. Then maybe I should get to work on final grades, which are due Thursday.

@pridesabtch - What a frightening experience for you! I'm glad to hear that your daughter's surgery went well and hope she's on the mend.

@mytime6630 - I'm sorry your plans with your son fell through and that your daughter is having such a rough time. I hope you and your husband can find some serenity in the days ahead.

And thank you in advance for setting up a new thread. I'm already starting to think about 2022 goals.

@MrsHermit - Congratulations on your land purchase. Wishing you the best in your upcoming adventure.

Wishing all of you a safe and restful end to 2021 <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Regretting the dogs Christmas dinner. It's coming out the other end in an unfortunate way. So glad he's toilet trained.

Oh Bex! Only you!!! I hope it stopped quickly. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas...I've missed you!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Oh my gosh! That would be so scary! We just want to protect and fix things for our babies. I'm sure you did feel very helpless. Being there for her was the most important thing you could do and you were able to do that. HUGS to you.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    WFTY: Persistence. Things I have learned: Getting the scale to decide what you weigh is nearly impossible when you have to balance on one foot. :P

HAHA! Made me lol for real. :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @mytime6630 I'm sorry your son & family didn't make it for Christmas. I'm sure that was disappointing. We had a few kids/grands that couldn't come because they had Covid and it's disappointing but I just focused on the family I did get to see this year, since last year we cancelled Thanksgiving and Christmas altogether. We are living in a different world currently and I can't say I care for it much!

I hope your daughter evens out soon. Adjusting medications is so tricky...I know it takes me a while to adjust when anything gets added or changed with mine and it makes me feel very anxious also. (((HUGS)))

I hope you had a Merry Christmas with the people you were able to see! xxoo
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - still on the road! I won’t eat again until dinner with DH