JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    About to join my first ever Webcast funeral. Couldn't attend due to COVID measures but can watch a live stream. Im honestly grateful I can "attend" in a sense but it is so strange.

@mytime6630
    Yep hahah big old 4 haha
  • Bex953172
    edited December 2021
    Options
    /Deleted post

(Accidentally doubleposted)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday, 12/28/2021
    1. No BS 24H Plan & Assess ๐ŸŸข
    2. 64 oz water ๐ŸŸข (Actually drank 88 oz and it was before 6 PM! Yay me! Sure did have to get up and pee a lot though last night. TMI? ) :mrgreen:
    3. Close activity rings on Apple watch ๐ŸŸข
    4. Be aware of hunger signals. ๐Ÿ”ด Grab-assed cookies off the Christmas platter mindlessly. Boo.
    5. Stop eating at enough. ๐ŸŸก I did notice when I had enough, so that is 50% of the battle, but I didn't stop finishing my plate. I did, however, use a small plate so that was kind of a win too...and no seconds.
    6. Self-Care, 30 minutes. ๐ŸŸข Fingernail care. Bible app plan. Took time to fix my hair nice. Got out of the house for a bit.
    7. Evening routine and lights out by 11:00 p.m. ๐Ÿ”ด Stayed up until about midnight. Got up and ate 3 freakin' cookies because my stomach growled (WTH?) Didn't do my readings or gratitude journal. I'll do better tonight!
    8. Get up with alarm tomorrow morning. ๐ŸŸข Hit snooze once but didn't fall back asleep and just got up. Yay me!

Good morning! I am feeling pretty happy that I'm on here in the morning! LOL. It's the small things in life, right? The sky is bluer than it has been which helps the mood in the wintertime also. Incredibly cold outside but I can see blue behind the clouds so I'll just be grateful for that. I get really depressed in the winter with the lack of sunlight and not getting outside for so many days in a row. Now that I'm not working, I find I get outside even less because I don't HAVE to get in the car and go anywhere. Today I have a physical therapy appointment for my shoulder and arm, and right after that I am taking my mother to a swallow study appointment. So, I'll at least get out of the house and hopefully both appointments go well.

@Snowflake1968 Your 3 things are really insightful and I've been trying to keep something similar in mind. Thanks for sharing! The plate size is a huge deal, isn't it? I just finally bought some smaller plates because ours are huge and I always seem to think I have to fill them up. Last night, I couldn't believe how quickly I had enough to eat! I used much smaller plate and had pork roast, a few chunks of potatoes and a few cooked baby carrots (like pot roast only pork loin roast) and after I ate half the potatoes, half the meat and 2 baby carrots, I could tell I'd had enough! What the heck? I told myself I was crazy--that there's no way that little bit could be enough. But I think I need to remember that my stomach is really only the size of my fist! My husband always has the TV on during dinner (because God forbid we actually talk to each other...LOL) so it's hard to concentrate on my food, but I've been trying to not pay attention and put down my fork between bites That is really darn hard to do when you're used to trying to eat quickly and move on to the next thing... I hope you are doing well! :smile:

@Bex953172 How in the heck has 4 years gone by?! Casey 4? That seems impossible. I'll bet she is just an adorable little peanut! All your girls are so darn cute! How do you like having some quiet time with them all in school now? I remember feeling lonely and lost at first and then quickly changed to loving that time to myself and dreading weekends... HAHAHA! I have missed you, lady! :heart:

Just for Wednesday, 12/29/2021:
    • No BS 24H Plan & Assess
    • Drink 64 oz water before 6 pm
    • Journal
    • Marco Polo video to AG
    • Physical therapy appt, take mom to her appointment and then get my labs drawn
    • Close activity rings on my Apple watch
    • Use smaller plate, listen for hunger and stop at enough
    • Discovery worksheet if off-plan eats.
    • Sit on couch tonight versus my tv time 'eating' chair
    • Self-Care 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes downstairs in sewing room. Begin one of the twins' quilts.
    • Evening Routine: Brush/floss, readings, gratitude journal, read until lights out at 11 pm
    • Up with alarm in the morning

WOTY 2021: Determined

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @mytime6630 I was thinking about doing the same thing! Throwing the cookies and bread away, but my husband wants them and he has no issue with eating sugar...he's always thin. UGH. I think I'm going to put them all in the freezer so I would have to intentionally walk down to the basement freezer to get them. Usually, I can talk myself out of getting a cookie or candy if I have that much time to think about what I'm doing!

I'm starting Simple Abundance over again on January 1st because I skipped so many of the chapters this year. I don't know what it is exactly about that book, but it sure seems to help me put some things in perspective. Do you have the updated version? I got it a year or two ago and it has updated things about using different apps and other things which have changed with our technology now.

I hope you are well! I've missed you, my friend! So happy to be back here. Been a tumultuous year! :heart:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB hahaha I know '4' just sounds crazy!
    She is adorable but like all kids that age she can be a right little pain in the butt.
    She's very bossy.

I did miss her at first. But now I REALLY enjoy my quiet time lol.
    6 days to to and they're back in school!! Yayyyy
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŽ„
    ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŽ„DECEMBER ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŽ„
    ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŽ„
    Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!

We managed a lovely walk on Mon 27th.
    Elder G/son didnโ€™t join us as his PCR test result didnโ€™t come through.
    vs0gjw8kyhsp.jpeg

JFT GOALS

Wed 29 Dec:
    ๐Ÿ”น Track Daily Habits โ˜ƒ๏ธ
    ๐Ÿ”น Laundryโ˜ƒ๏ธ
    ๐Ÿ”น Clear dining roomโ˜ƒ๏ธ
    ๐Ÿ”น Start new jigsawโ˜ƒ๏ธ
    ๐Ÿ”น crochetโ˜ƒ๏ธ

Thu 30 Dec:
    ๐Ÿ”น Track Daily Habits
    ๐Ÿ”น Laundry
    ๐Ÿ”น Clear out fridge
    ๐Ÿ”น weekly shopping
    ๐Ÿ”น Work on jigsaw
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 What a nice photo!! So nice to be together for a walk. Looks like you had a really nice day with family! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I donโ€™t have any healthier recipes but need to find some too.
    DH is diabetic and we need to eat healthier for him and Iโ€™m scared Iโ€™ll end up there and donโ€™t want to. We did go see a dietitian together a few weeks ago and learned except for too many carbs and not enough veggies on our plates we do fairly well.

Not right now, we wonโ€™t count this. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Bex953172 - wow hard to believe I do math for a living. I joined this group in April 2018 and I knew she was a newborn. Her birthday is right around my daughterโ€™s. They are the 3rd and 5th. I canโ€™t believe itโ€™s been 4 years!
    My little Michaela will be 6 on Monday. Time sure goes fast.

@PackerFanInGB - my husband has to have the tv on all the time too. I like music and quiet sometimes myself. Oh well, not much I can do to change that. I remember having meals with no tv or anything and I miss them.

@TerriRichardson112 - what a great picture!

Has anyone heard from @HEGoddard0928 - I saw a thing to make on my Cricut today and it made me think of her. It said โ€œdonโ€™t worry dishes, no one is doing me eitherโ€

I had a negative Covid test, I was sure would it would be, so I was able to see a doctor today about my cough. Turns out itโ€™s a side effect of the BP meds Iโ€™m on. So we have switched the prescription. Iโ€™m also having some issues with menopause and got another prescription to try to help with that again. Ugh! I just want to be healthy!

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I wonโ€™t eat again until tomorrow
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I haven't been keeping up with specific lists, though I have tried to do things. My husband and I both have colds. I went over calories too today and yesterday (by quite a bit) but with the upcoming move, now is not the time to get seriously sick. I need to get better at choosing well and less of it. It is also in the single digits at night so I've been spending energy and time making sure we're both warm (so we don't get worse) and that the pipes don't freeze.

@Snowflake1968 Those are good rules to help with portion control. As my husband says, make/serve what you think originally, but put back half/third. I'm trying to delay eating until later in the day (to help me focus on my huge to do list) and work in more water (bad habit from the past to avoid water until end of day).

@mytime6630 I use allrecipes, pick up limes, bhavna's kitchen, other videos, my cookbooks. They aren't focused on losing weight but many of the recipes offer flavor and variety of nutrients focused on protein and veggies, which are lower calories. Soup and salads are something I'm trying to do more of, especially since I've finally learned how to emulsify oil and vinegar so the dressing actually sticks to the salad.
    @PackerFanInGB @mytime6630 I made babka/twists recently and thought my husband would eat them but he won't touch them for whatever reason (keeps me guessing sometimes). This time he's really into the cookies, though he says they aren't so good because they have chocolate (teasing). Husband doesn't like sweets as much, but does like snacks and cookies at times. He's more fit than I am (from personal observation the popular opinion that obese people can just walk off the pounds/lose weight like fit people isn't true. Metabolism is different, and so is muscle mass/fat burning capacity. My body is good at gaining weight.) I just have to pace myself. I tend to put things in the freezer when I see the timer is winding down on whatever it is, even meals. For the move though I have to empty our fridge and freezer so lots of soups coming up it looks like. :)

@Bex953172 Yes! I can only guess at how exhausting it is to endure all the repeated lessons and tantrums over and over and over again, but you are doing a good job. You care. You are doing a good job, even teaching them "no". Even adults don't get to choose things at times, life happens.
    @Bex953172 My condolences for your loss.

@PackerFanInGB I've been mindlessly munching and staying up late, working with DH on moving plans. I think the day we start boxing things up I'll feel more constructive. Figuring things out on paper and trying to move things along (paperwork etc) can get frustrating! I too need to savor the food more (no phone at the table when I'm by myself). Maybe music in the background?

@TerriRichardson112 Nice photo! What are you crocheting lately? I made a hat for my husband using a knit loom (never tried one before). I find that having a craft project to do while I sit up in bed is nice.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get to page 1? Without having to click 203 times lol!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

You used to be able to do it on the website.

PS: I checked and I can still do it on the website on my iPad.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Down at the bottom of the page you can see page numbers .. I think you can just click on page 1.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Awh it's not showing on mine. I've tried the app and webpage on my phone but tbh the webpage looks the same as the app when I load it.
    So annoying lol
    I wanted to find my start of the year post to see how badly I've done LMAO.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    5pbrw7y2wff6.jpg

That's all I can see on both the app and webpage.

Apparently something they're working on.

If anyone gets the chance could they quote my first post, the one with stats and goals for the year kind of thing?
    Maybe stick it in a spoiler haha

Xx
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Just for Wednesday, 12/29/2021:
    • No BS 24H Plan & Assess ๐ŸŸข
    • Drink 64 oz water before 6 pm ๐ŸŸข
    • Journal ๐ŸŸข
    • Marco Polo video to AG ๐Ÿ”ด Move to Thursday
    • Physical therapy appt, take mom to her appointment and then get my labs drawn ๐ŸŸข
    • Close activity rings on my Apple watch ๐ŸŸข
    • Use smaller plate, listen for hunger and stop at enough ๐ŸŸข
    • Discovery worksheet if off-plan eats. ๐Ÿ”ด
    • Sit on couch tonight versus my tv time 'eating' chair ๐Ÿ”ด Totally forgot! Dang...
    • Self-Care 30 minutes ๐ŸŸข Watched a movie with Tim and looked at my quilting magazines with headphones on.
    • 30 minutes downstairs in sewing room. Begin one of the twins' quilts. ๐Ÿ”ด
    • Evening Routine: Brush/floss ๐ŸŸข, readings๐Ÿ”ด, gratitude journal๐Ÿ”ด, read until lights out at 11 pm ๐ŸŸข
    • Up with alarm in the morning ๐ŸŸข

Yesterday was a day of grab-assing Christmas cookies off the platter again. I did really good all day and then when it came time to make dinner (spaghetti), we realized we had no spaghetti sauce! So....then it was a PB&J sandwich and some crackers with sausage & cheese for dinner, which then felt snacky and led to practically swallowing cookies whole later on in the night. I was really disappointed in myself. So today, we threw most of the leftover cheesy potatoes and dressing away and froze the leftover cookies. My husband agreed that it was hard to walk past without grabbing one. So, I now have veggies and hummus in the fridge to grab, and I'm going to make hard boiled eggs also for a quick protein snack. I will also divide the bags of raw Brazil nuts and raw pecans and almonds into serving sized baggies for crunchy snacks.

I'm hoping to get downstairs and either finish my husband's lap quilt I'm making. I have the top done, but I need to put the top, the batting in the middle and the back fabric together into a sandwich and quilt it all together. I've not done that by myself on a quilt this big and I'm nervous so I've been putting it off. I have a tendency to make lots of quilt tops and never put them together with batting and backing fabric, so they stay folded in a drawer never to be seen again... I am determined to learn how to do this, so we'll see how it goes today! I can't work on it for very long because my arm and hand swells and I get pain, so I have to make good use of the time I get! My physical therapist yesterday said she wants me to go see a Rheumatologist and be checked for arthritis and fibromyalgia. I don't want to go... We'll see how it goes after these PT sessions I guess! :wink:

Just for Thursday, 12/30/2021:
    • No BS 24H Plan & Assess
    • Drink 64 oz water before 6 pm
    • Journal
    • Marco Polo video to AG
    • Close activity rings on my watch
    • Use smaller plate, listen for hunger and stop at enough
    • Discovery worksheet if off-plan eats.
    • Sit on couch tonight versus my tv time 'eating' chair
    • Self-Care 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes downstairs in sewing room. Begin one of the twins' quilts or finish T's.
    • Evening Routine: Brush/floss, readings, gratitude journal, read until lights out at 11 pm
    • Up with alarm in the morning

Today's Affirmation: I am zealous. The first big step is not what you put in your mouth. It's how you talk to yourself and show up. ~No BS~

WOTY 2021: Determined Today, I am determined to eat only what is on my plan.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 and @MrsHermit My husband can eat most anything and not gain a pound. And if he does happen to gain 5 lbs, he immediately stops eating carbs and loses it in a week. It's like an kick in the pants for me to watch.... Hahaha! He also has to have a TV on in every room of the house whether he is in that room or not. Doesn't even watch it...just needs the noise. I'm so happy to not have all the office noise around me now that I prefer silence, or in nice weather an open window with the sounds of the birds and neighborhood. Sometimes I will listen to rain or waterfalls with birds on the Calm app in the winter just to have nature sounds around me.

I'm going to start eating my lunches at the table alone without reading or watching TV so that I am really paying attention to my food and my hunger signals. I'm going to start it today. I think I will be amazed at how little I actually need to eat to have enough.

@MrsHermit Where are you moving? I missed it. If I remember correctly, you live(d) in an apartment and were staying pretty isolated because of all the things happening in the world and your city. Am I remembering that correctly? Did you buy a house or something? Are you leaving the state? If It's none of my business just tell me "Stay out of my business, nosey Rosy!" :flowerforyou:

• PackerFanInGB
    edited December 2021
    Options
    HERE YOU GO, BEX! @Bex953172
    Happy New Year everyone!

Name: Bex
    Height: 5'7"

2020 SW: 185lbs
    2021 SW: 158lbs
    GW: 145lbs (and then see how I feel)

This year for me is going to be a year of taking care of my mental health and kicking depressions butt. I'm sick of feeling the way I do and I'm ready to fight it head on. I know I'll have days I feel hopeless and maybe it's just the New Year optimism giving me a boost today but I'm gonna take that boost and run with it.

It's also going to be the year I try hit my GW. Last year due to a rubbish situation i lost 30lbs due to stress. You might think that 30lbs sounds great but it's horrible to lose it in that way. However, whether good or bad I've lost 30lbs and if anything positive can come of it then I want to keep that 30lbs off and lose some more through pure effort.

I have two phrases for my year this year, one for my fitness goals and one for my mental health.

MH- Change your perspective
    FG- Just do it. <- I'm the ultimate procrastinator so I'm hoping Reading this I'll be reminded to stop moaning and just do what needs to be done. It's a simple quote, but sometimes simple works.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    @Bex . ha .. I just looked at mine. I stayed exactly the same ... all year, up and down.
    But ... I did not go up, so in a way, progress! And ... I am still here. Had it not been for being somewhat accountable, I would have easily gained back what I had lost.

Goals for today .... eat healthy. I had a cyst removed on my back on Dec 22 .. well, now its infected, and I have a huge boil the same of a baseball! So needless to say.... hardly any sleep the past 3 nites. I should have called the doctor when it started, but was putting warm cloths on to try and help.. but it is so sore. (And right under my bra strap).

When I am tired, I eat poorly ... too much grazing ... ha.. as if that will help me by constantly shoving food in my face.
    So going to head out and pick up the antibiotics the doctor prescribed.

Tonite will be fish and baked potato .. and lunch will be a mcdonalds egg mcmuffin sandwich (hubbys request.

So that it for me today .. other than maybe a apple or veggie sticks. Thanks my ONE goal for today!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I wonโ€™t eat again unyil dinner.