WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Beautiful sunny day here but still cold. I heard this week that Providence clinic where I go is getting the vaccine and calling people to come in following the WA state guidelines, so I am just going to wait for them to call. I did a virtual visit with cardiologist yesterday to review echocardiogram and now they want me to go in for cardiac catheterization. That is not scheduled yet.

Matchka- What you need is an endless pool. It is fairly small but has a flume so that you basically swim in place. Speed can be adjusted or you can just turn it off if you want to do water exercise. They are often used for water therapy but I have a friend who has one in her home in SD and loves it.

Allie - Glad you got to see the pups. Hope the next surgery goes well.

Heather - I like living in the agriburbs like I do but I would love living near the sea.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Did an hour of the 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill. The plan for tomorrow is to do some of the Essentrics Classical Stretch DVD (a new one for me)

I thought of something else I would like in a new home. The deck done differently. Right now it sort-of sags, it should have been reinforced when it was built. It’s not like it would fall apart or anything, but you can see some sagging

Bananas – I would go with dentist 2 also. #1 sounds like he’s all into the newest and greatest. And guess who will be paying for this new equipment? And what if in the future we find that it isn’t so great?

Lisa – does Egg walk across your keyboard or sit in front of the monitor so that you give her attention and not that “thing”?

Allie – don’t try to do too much. Please please please take it slow. Remember “slow and steady wins the race”

Teresa OH – love your kitchen. Is that a double oven or single or maybe single with warming tray? We lived in Kennett Square (mushroom capital of the world) and, trust me, the smell from those mushroom houses! The first time we encountered it, we were sure there was something wrong with the septic, it was so bad. There’s one area where there are a lot of mushroom houses, that when we drove in that area, we literally got sick. Yet, we moved to NC in November and the house sold in May. For more than asking price. So you most likely won’t have much of a problem selling your house when you want to. I love almost all crafts, if I don’t know the craft I’d like to learn. I tried that with quilting and found that I absolutely hate it. I give credit to people who can quilt, because I certainly don’t want to

Katla – we sent a package to Denise (in DE) on 12/17 and it wasn’t delivered until 1/18. I certainly hope something like that doesn’t happen with your glasses. BUT it does seem that the post office is catching up.

SueWA – good luck on the procedure

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    I do have Kathy Smith's Build Muscle shrink Fat DVD if anyone would like it for the price of the postage. Just PM me.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Stats for the day -

Walk w/family- 2hrs 12min 44sec, 90ahr, 116mhr, 3.58ap, 7.06mi= 635c
    Strava app- 767c
    Walk to new home- 17.27min, 98ahr, 140mhr, 1mi= 160c
    Strava app =120c

Total cal 795
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    Got lost down a rabbit hole 😂.

On page 61:
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Happy Friday ladies!

So...6 hours on receipt printer yesterday. 2 hours on receipt printer today. I figured out what the problem was ( I made a mistake putting in the IP address which the printer then saved). The solution is what I spent so much time looking for. There had to be a reset. After much searching, contacting support (no answer yet), more searching, you tube, more manuals on line.....I figured it out!!!!! Once I reset the printer it took less than a minute to hook it up in working order! Happy Dance!!!!! Maybe tomorrow I can get some real work done at work. :p New Laser printer should be there on Monday. Speaking of laser printer, we are getting them to replace one inkjet and help support the other inkjet. I understand the laser uses less ink, but I think the inkjet looks better. I am sure I will get use to it.

Other than that, my husband "cooked" tonight. That means we went out to eat. I wasn't keen on a burger, thought about fish, landed with chicken fingers that I peeled most of the breading off of. I really am not a fried person. I also peel the breading off my fish if it is fried. My granddaughter does the same thing with fried shrimp if that is the only shrimp on the menu. She has expensive taste....steak and steamed shrimp. I think she spent a lot of time with mamaw and papaw when she was younger.- hehehe.

Welcome to the new ladies!
    Keep on DOING something. My quote for this week is "You can do anything, but not everything!" Important to remember.

<3
    Kylia
  • kymarai
    Teresa- I would love the website. Awesome and thank you! My "other daughter" (our server at our favorite restaurant) is in her final semester for ASL in college. I could get her to help me. I wanted to learn as we had several deaf customers coming into our shop. I think that would be an advantage.Maybe I should learn some Spanish too?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I caused a problem with my neighbor and hope to make amends. I am very embarassed. I was still concussed from my fall in early January and walked into her garage uninvited. I need to make some serious apologies there. We’ve talked to her son and expect to chat with him in person. I am hoping for this evening.

Katla the embarassed

We could tell you weren't yourself.

I still wish you had an MRI, CT or both.

M in Oz

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Bananas – I would go with dentist 2 also. #1 sounds like he’s all into the newest and greatest. And guess who will be paying for this new equipment? And what if in the future we find that it isn’t so great?
    Dentist 1's office is spacious, and in a fancy area, with at least 1 if not 2 assistants. Dentist 2 is in a much more modest area, in a smaller, simpler office and no assistant was there when I went there.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Flea: We also have a double sink in the kitchen. The right side is smaller and includes a food disposal. The left side is larger and usually used for rinsing. It can also be of help washing some of the bigger pots & pans. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m sorry about the Haggis for Burns Night. I hope you’ll have an enjoyable meal and won’t be disappointed next year. :star:

Allie: Best wishes for your dinner with Trudy. I hope your covid test is not worrisome and you get your pups back. :smiley:

I’m working my way toward healing from the fall I took after Christmas. I still don’t have my glasses back after taking them to the sight shop and that is disappointing. The sight shop claims they will be sending them to us in the near future. I hope it is soon. In reality, I can read, write, and see near and far. My bruises are fading and I’m getting along okay. Even though I am healing, I want and need the glasses to combat eye strain.

On a happier note, I was called by a longtime friend and we chatted for a long time. It was wonderful to talk with Lynne. We talked about possible RV trips next spring. We both have Bounders, & Lynne’s is two or three feet longer than ours. Rita has the same kind of RV. We haven't had ours out of the storage unit in months.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    edited January 2021
    Tracey - That kindness from your colleagues is wonderful. So are you, and that's why they did it. <3
    Glad Dillon has rallied. Hoping his progress continues. But very worrying about your cousin. Definitely sounds like a brain thing.
    The fish was wonderful. Brought back so many memories of happy times around my son's kitchen table. I only ate around third to half of the batter and managed to come under calories for the day by 40!!! The afternoon walk by the sea, (very brisk, almost a run), helped with that. I had £15 off as a first time UberEats customer.
    I sent the photo to my son and they are going to have a "Wolfies" tonight as he was jealous! Wolfies fish shop is famous in Hove as they do gluten free batter cooked in a separate fryer if you need it. Plus the fish is the best ever. I don't usually have so many chips with it. :o Still , as it's the first time in a year, I'm not feeling guilty. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    Working backwards. 😂
    Our kitchen has a Franke triple sink arrangement, 2 large stainless steel sinks with a smaller one between them. This unit came with useful fitted accessories, large teak chopping board, large drainage rack, large drainage tray, and a small draining sieve, all still in use 40 years after installation. It was expensive back in the day, but well worth the money.

☘️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Tracey, my dear - your new dishwasher is proof that good things do happen to good people. Love that someone sees who you are, and that they have done this generous thing. Glad Dillon is progressing, hope things turn out to be minor with your cousin.

Michele - Just as I read your question, Egg stuck her cold little nose between my fingers on the mouse. She just came back in from outside. If you ever see something from me that looks like gibberish, it is probably her typing. I have a wireless keyboard, and she walks over it frequently. She's purring quite loudly now and rubbing her chin on my monitor. Claiming it, I suspect.

Insomnia this morning... since just before 2 a.m. There are worse things. I've progressed from PJs to my usual sweats finally, since I gave up on going back to bed. Am beginning to absorb my second cup of coffee, meaning the words are actually available now! :smile:

The only set plan for today is go get the other five trees that Corey couldn't fit in the truck bed last night, so we'll take the truck back to town and do that at some point. That's really about it - will come back and decide on where each one will be set, but don't know if we'll actually get that done. As usual, they all need some love--they've been sitting at the back of the lot, previously culled out of the beautiful trees--but just need time and care to become beautiful.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, draft volunteer firefighter employer letter, emailed Safety & Security grant pics and receipts to SDAO, typed hymns.
    Bonus: veg prep, FaceTime w/Rita
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, bottle return, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Saturday call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    22: Try out something new to get out of your comfort zone: made jasmine tea in the iron pot, made it too strong, was bitter even with double sugar. Next time use one fourth of the leaves.
    Felt pretty accomplished this morning, finally getting some of the grant-related todo’s done and drafting employer letters for our volunteer firefighters. After a quick walk down the drive in the chilly pre-rain, sat and watched a whole movie with Joe. Rounded out the day FaceTiming with Rita, her DH joined us toward the end. Fun people living in a fascinating place doing interesting work.

Allie, like Kylia, I’m worried about that swelling, can you call your MD? Also a little confused they sent you home for a couple of days when you still needed repair surgery Monday, but guess you enjoyed sleeping in your own bed. Glad you got Alfie kisses, the very best medicine!
    Barbie “…neighbors who are easy to get along with” This is the best of all!
    Betsy ((hugs)) for your struggles. Trying something new, not my idea, but from the Action for Happiness calendar Machka suggested:
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/january
    Dee congrats on making it to the final round. Well done!
    Lisa pinon pines, wow, does that mean you can harvest pine nuts? Love your take on time and care to make culls beautiful!
    Rebecca :love: the pic, what is your son studying?
    Heather :love: the beach pics and the fish’n’chips. Are those pickled onions?
    Okie thanks. (gulp) Guess I’d better start with the TDAP. Ugh, how I hate getting shots!!!
    Sue in WA is the cath lab nearby? Praying all goes well.
    Tracey prayers for your cousin and her husband. Your dishwasher story put a big teary smile on my face.
    Katla ((hugs)) Surely your neighbor will understand, you must have been pretty beaten up when whatever it was happened.
    Terri googled your Franke triple sink and I’m in envy! Is it an undermount? One of my sink peeves is the gunk that accumulates in the edges between sink and countertop, ugly bacteria haven and impossible to keep clean. That's why I love Kylia's one piece Corian, but I've never seen it in kitchens.

Meeting with pals T and C for a beer at our local brewery’s outside tables Saturday at 1… if it’s really sunny and the wind holds off. Otherwise I’ll wimp out. Have been waking with drippy nose/scratchy throat the past few nights, it clears when I get up and around but don’t want to get chilled.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 22, weigh/wii: 22/12/36, steps>5592=3375 boo vits=21 log=22 CI<CO=20 CI<250<CO=17 Tumble 5=21 Shadow 5=20 mfp=22 outside=22 up hill=20
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=2 dance=4 clean 60 mins=6.5 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142. 1/17: 142.4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=13 play=17 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • bananasandoranges
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I’m working my way toward healing from the fall I took after Christmas. I still don’t have my glasses back after taking them to the sight shop and that is disappointing. The sight shop claims they will be sending them to us in the near future. I hope it is soon. In reality, I can read, write, and see near and far. My bruises are fading and I’m getting along okay. Even though I am healing, I want and need the glasses to combat eye strain.

On a happier note, I was called by a longtime friend and we chatted for a long time. It was wonderful to talk with Lynne. We talked about possible RV trips next spring. We both have Bounders, & Lynne’s is two or three feet longer than ours. Rita has the same kind of RV. We haven't had ours out of the storage unit in months.

Katla
    @Katla They don't give you a date for sending them? That seems odd. "near future" would not be great for me. When I order glasses I always ask the delay. It can go from 1h (for non-progressives in this one fast-place) to 1 or 2 weeks: ordered from...china! like a lot of things are. (did you know crowns are often ordered from china too! The dentist pays about 100 and charges us whatever...

• kymarai
    <3
    Tracey What a wonderful gift and acknowledgement. While not expected, nice when it happens! Prayers continue for family.

Sunday looks interesting weather wise in my part of Ohio. Snow, rain, ice, freezing rain.....may be a great day to stay home. Next week is busy! Massage, hair, dr, training, husband dr, husband birthday, granddaughter's dance showcase sunday night in Cincinnati. Also working. Hoping the weather is kind to me.

Getting ready for work, excited to work on something other than printers! Lol!

🦋🦋
    Kylia in Ohio where it is COLD this morning!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Barbara - Yes, they are pickled onions, from a jar included in my brother's hamper gift. When I used to collect the order for the family from Wolfies I always ordered pickled onions, DDIL had a gherkin and my son had a pickled egg. :D<3 So it was a kind of homage.

Newspaper day today. We had to buy another paper in addition to our own because DH'S daughter has a story in there. She told us it was last week , which was wrong, but it has appeared this week. I am about to read it.

Skinny taste sausage, cabbage and sauerkraut dinner tonight. I haven't been able to buy Polish sausage since lockdown, but the local deli does a Toulouse sausage that is near enough. It doesn't bear much resemblance to a French sausage though!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    Walk and errands this morning. ordered food delivery (that's easier here: shop there and free delivery for 50 euros or more-it's handy when ordering bottles (water, kombucha, etc.). I ran into a woman who was super-friendly at several very friendly long get-togethers then seriously snubbed me, for no reason that was apparent to me. When getting something I saw her and we made eye-contact. I think she had seen me before I had seen her, as she didn't look surprised. She asked how I was. I was very short, and brisk, as if very busy, "fine, fine, just trying to get some shopping done" and flitted off to finish getting this and that, and wait in line a few people back. granted it was not the most inviting situation for chatting. masks, wet winter jackets, lines, shops a bit fuller than usual, impending 3rd lockdown. But anyway.

Then ran to get some clothes, I have very very few- one pair of winter jeans that are too big- my faves totally gave out a couple of weeks ago (very dangerous if going commando! :D ).
    I did my fasted clothes shopping ever: tried on one pair of coloured jeans. it fit ok. Bought 2 pairs in same cut and size in 2 colours, not trying the second. And grabbed 2 rather simple tops without trying them. 1 button down and one light-ish dress that can sort of also be a tunic over jeans. I live RIGHT next door, so can return them within a month. (2day quarantine for clothes tried on or returned). I'm not good at all about returning things, but RIGHT next door is within my capacity.

When paying I forgot that I had a new debit card password (I used the debit card maybe 1x or 2 weeks ago after getting it), and blocked it. Had to run 15 min round trip to the bank to get cash! Got me some good exercise, all that running around. Was worried that the delivery guy would beat me home, but so far so good.

I'm waiting.

Much to do today.
    Grades to calculate and enter for 100 students in 4 groups, plus poke around for any who might have sent to wrong address, or other info concerning students sent throughout the semester. THIS is a pain.
    WORK on presentation for thesis class friday. Not in avance!
    Pay a couple of things online, that are way past due. (had banking glitch last week, and accidentally double paid rent in beginning of January!)

Basic tidying at least.
    and a 15 minute declutter would not be excessive.

Energy is UP and DOWN and SIDEWAYS sometimes.
    Sometimes I enjoy the quiet and sometimes I find it deeply too long and lonely. and possibly I could feel both to some degree, enjoying the quiet somewhat, and finding it extremely rough , of questionable effect on health, (according to stats we need to see people and hug or touch people for optimum health) at the same time.

<3<3<3:|