WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    Machka- Gladiolas were our wedding flowers. They were cheap and pretty. My MIL said every time here's bloomed in her garden they reminded her of our wedding. Nice to see fresh flowers even if just pictures. Thank you for sharing!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited January 2021
    Barbie: the blankets are beautiful! Are they crochet? I love making baby blankets because they do up so quick (compared to regular afghans or lap blankets!) Is your friend having twins? Very nicely done Barbie with cute little hats to match! How adorable! Your friend will love them, I'm sure! 😍
    $10K? Hot tub installed in our summerhouse. And a handy fridge, and a large supply of Prosecco. πŸ˜‚

I AGREE with Terri !! I would most DEFINITELY spend my $10k on a HOT TUB! In the past 18 months, I've worked my fanny off trying to pay off all my debt and I'm only $4500 away from being debt free except for our mortgage!! That's exciting! And the NEXT thing on my radar is a HOT TUB! (.....oh, and a fridge and supply of Prosecco sounds pretty darn good too!) πŸ€— 😘 πŸ’– 😍

Katla: awesome news that you just paid off your car! Yes, YAY!!! And I'm so GLAD that you FINALLY got your glasses! It's crazy that it took so long! (I too am blind without my glasses. I always keep my last pair for a backup just for that reason!)

Rebecca: The pics of Athena are so adorable and precious! She's beautiful! πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’“πŸ’œ

Kylia: Sorry about the migraine. Hope you feel better QUICKLY!

Flea: The puppy is adorable! There's something so cute and cuddly about a puppy! πŸ€—

WELCOME! Tina in AZ and Jennifer in Edmonton - I'm relatively new as well, having only been here about a week! But I'm enjoying "getting to know" all of you wonderful ladies from all over the world! It's very interesting to me!

My weight has "stalled" this month as well. I lost 11 pounds and 7 inches through Nov and Dec - which is quite a feat since those are two of the most overeating holidays! Lol. But I've only lost 5 lbs now since Dec 16 so that's getting kinda depressing! Yesterday morning I did 15 mins of Pilates, 20 mins on my mini trampoline. Then in the afternoon I did 45 mins of dancing to the oldies out on the front porch! It was 35(F) out there, so I made sure to dance to fast tunes so as not to slow down or get cold! I told DH that if the elderly neighbor saw me, she probably thinks I'm LOONEY! Then, in the evening, I did some speed-walking on the treadmill. Whew!!

πŸ’“ Teresa in OH
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    On flowers ... another Getting to Know You question ...

What is your favourite flower?

Mine is the wild rose ... the Alberta rose ... they grow in masses in the ditches in Alberta in June. :) I'm not sure why it is my favourite, but it has been since I was a little girl.

1hx5s3ju0dt4.png
    6mdezaij2a99.png

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    My favorite flowers are Iris. I think it is the purple color.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    I looked up Allie's Timeline on Facebook and no recent posts there, so yes quite worried.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Katla, Congratulations that your patience has been rewarded and your glasses have finally arrived.

:) About the hats and blankets. They are knitted. No, it's not for twins. The story is that I knitted most of the first blanket and realized that it was going to be wider than I wanted so I bought more yarn and made a second blanket the size I wanted. Then, because there was a bunch of extra yarn, I decided to make a hat and couldn't decide whether I liked the heart or the diamond motif, I made one of each. Sometimes, something worth doing is worth doing to excess.

<3Allie, how are you? We are all concerned and wishing you the best.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    I also checked Allie's FB page and no news since Jan 24th. Prayers for her.

Kylia ~ I also walk in circles around my house...entry, den, kitchen, dining, living room over and over.

Barbie ~ Your knitting looks professional. Lovely job.

Lisa ~ Hope you get the appointment you need.

Katla ~ Happy your car is paid off and that you finally got your glasses. I would be totally lost without mine.

Flea ~ The pics of the new pup are cute. Love that blue eye.

Rainy day here! Hoping for sun tomorrow and hope I get the energy to go to BJ's for a few things. Getting me out of the house has become a chore. :/

Carol in GA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    kymarai wrote: Β»
    My favorite flowers are Iris. I think it is the purple color.

Our town claims to be the Iris capital of the world.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    wow! I have rarely met a flower i did not like. I would be hard pressed to choose one. I think I will generically choose Spring flowers. They are hardy little souls and I love how they wake the world up with color.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    wow! I have rarely met a flower i did not like. I would be hard pressed to choose one. I think I will generically choose Spring flowers. They are hardy little souls and I love how they wake the world up with color.

I love this answer. I like to look at roses, but I am allergic to them.

Tina in CA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    πŸ’™πŸŸ’πŸ’œπŸŸ’
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Allie we are all thinking about you!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’•πŸ’Ÿ

I have been corresponding with the Chaplain on my youngest son's ship. On the good side, his investigating proved my son is a valuable asset to his division, well liked, and seems positive. So I am relieved, and grateful for the Chaplains emails. It doesn't solve the non communication issues, but I am hopeful one day, son will realize that family connections, bouncing life off each other, is what keeps us strong. Family connections, to me are like strands woven together. The fabric of our lives, a Hallmark card said, or a commercial.πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ’Ÿ

Husband is taking me out to lunch! Which involves driving to either the pizza joint, or a fast food place we agree on, getting food and parking somewhere. We might get pizza because then we can go on base and watch the jets practice.

Here is Athena and snow:
    29k4whqx40ea.jpeg
    She seems to not mind the elements! I recall as a little girl, hating the rain and snow. Also because it rained a lot in Oregon, I would walk and see worms everywhere. So my peasized brain came up with the idea that the worms MUST be coming from the sky! Duuuh! So walking in the rain was particularly scary!
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    Heather: Congratulations on your appointment for vaccine! I envy you. We supposedly have an appointment in February. I’m not holding my breath. :ohwell:

Peach: Thank you for the kind words. I am thrilled to be able to see well again. Paying off the car was nice, too. We’ll be able to find creative ways to savor the β€˜payments’ we’re no longer making. :bigsmile:

Flea: I grew up in Salem and enjoyed those iris fields for many years. We had family in Portland and loved driving past the iris fields when we were off to visit relatives. My mom always planted some in our yard. :heart:

Barbie: Thank you for the congratulations. I am absolutely thrilled to have my glasses back. I am noticing some sore joints that ache from the after effects of the fall. My left wrist and left knee both tell me that they aren’t all the way healed yet. They are slowly getting better. :flowerforyou:

Has anyone heard from Allie recently? :huh:

I have a dear friend who lost two family members in the pandemic. I had not been in touch due to my injuries from the fall, so I called her. Her husband and sister both passed in December. She has asked me not to come and visit her. I will respect that request. Sending a condolence card seems too little. I welcome suggestions. She has been kind and generous to me over the years and I feel sad for her terrible losses in December.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Katla - Maybe ask her favorite charity and donate to that or the favorite charity of those who passed.

Allie - You can tell we're all concerned. Hope you can chime in soon to let us know how the procedure went.

Rita - Sending hugs. Love the photos too.

Tina in CA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    Katla - flowers? Flowers are such a powerful message of love.

My Yahoo account went out this afternoon, so I couldn't get into my friends' Zoom. I WhatsApped them and they got to me on Gmail, so we were able to connect after a few minutes of panic.
    I rebooted my devices and reinstalled the Yahoo app. Now it's working. It was a horrible half hour when I didn’t know what had happened to my emails. I think it was probably yahoo doing something. :o

Allie <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx