What were your favorite (exercise related) moments of 2020?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I’ve always done my workouts in the form of indoor fitness classes with a couple miles of treadmill running before. When they shut the gyms down in March, I took up outdoor running- 5 miles every day. I would not have done that if I wasn’t forced to, but will probably continue to mix it in when things get back to normal.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My 200# deadlift was a big success for me, right before having surgery. I knew it would help me mentally get back into lifting after surgery if I got that lift, and I did!
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    For all that the lockdown has been brutal and my usual sports were canceled, I'm proud that I pivoted and my fitness year has actually been great. My 2020 highlights:
    Getting back to regular running after a long break and a surgery
    Discovering online hip hop dancing workouts that helped me connect with my teenager during lockdown.
    Doing some great hikes with my family.
    Starting weekly power walking with friends
    Being fit and keen enough to lead dry land conditioning (bootcamp HIIT type) for my daughters hockey team.
    Starting regular pilates-based stretching
    Losing 10lbs while gaining muscle as well as flexibility!

Thanks for giving me reason to reflect on my 2020 journey!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,830 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The cross country ski area near my home has two different dog friendly trails that I love. I use them all the time and rarely venture on the rest of the trail network. Our dog died in 2019 so last year was my first dog-less winter. I knew we'd be getting a puppy in the Spring so I took the opportunity to ski the other trails, with the goal of completing them all, at least once. I ended up skiing every trail in 2020, except for one small connector. COVID shut the club down early so I never got that one section completed.

So my story isn't a COVID exercise triumph one. But unless you've skiied most of your life with a dog, you can't understand how different it feels to ski without one. Their joy motivates me to get out there, even when I'd rather stay inside my nice warm house with a cup of tea and a book. So for me, finding a reason to continue skiing three or four times a week, without my best friend, was a triumph.

Epilogue: We got a puppy in March and re-homed another dog in the summer. So this winter I have two buddies on the trails with me 🥰

4zvnux2zzfxl.jpg
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just gotta say - LOVE your dogs!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 59, and after swimming laps in a lane next to two college-age guys, as I headed to the locker room, I heard one say to the other, "*kitten*! That old broad in lane 3 kicked my *kitten*" to which the other replied, "she's right behind you, bro."
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    I just gotta say - LOVE your dogs!

Thanks! The Golden Retriever came to us as a puppy. In all my years having dogs, I've never had a puppy before, so its been fun. The border collie was re-homed and he's an awesome addition.
  • Kaysmile012015
    Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1.Purchased my preferred Garmin watch with music player, no more phone( luv it soo much)
    2.Discovered CAFFINE WATER!!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Running from the bottom of the city to the top of it (approx a 200-meter elevation difference if I'm to believe Google Maps). It was a foggy day in early August and I wanted to see what the view looked like so off I ran before it dissipated.

Thing is, the last few meters involve a staircase that I lovingly call "Satanic Stairs." 😈 I snapped this pic almost near the top of those (and you can virtually walk the stairs - a popular local exercise feat - here). I'm not the best pic taker but this is what I got...

qkq6k2j6a3r2.jpg