Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Dry January

1235»

Replies

• KarenPlutaKarenPluta Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Okay, why not? I just stocked up on decaf earl grey tea and sparkling water so I'll try!

What brand of decaf earl grey - Lady Grey? I can't steep it long enough to get a good brew. What's your secret?
  • KatieMcDtoBeKatieMcDtoBe Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Day 12 here, love gin at the weekends normally. I'm now drinking soda water with ice, and a slice of lime in a gin glass. So refreshing, asnd great to have no hangover when the kids are banging around the next day 🤣🤣
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 6,565 Member Member Posts: 6,565 Member
    I think it's easier (for me) to pass on the alcohol for right now because I'm enjoying hot tea. This is not the case once the weather warms up. I'll have to find something, maybe a protein shake???? 🤷‍♀️
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 1,915 Member Member Posts: 1,915 Member
    KarenPluta wrote: »
    Okay, why not? I just stocked up on decaf earl grey tea and sparkling water so I'll try!

What brand of decaf earl grey - Lady Grey? I can't steep it long enough to get a good brew. What's your secret?
    I bet there's a UK person that can help more! I just use my electric kettle and dump water on the tea. :blush: Do you think it has to do with the tea you have? I've been drinking the Bigelow decaf Earl Grey, and it tastes good,to me,after a few minutes.
    I do sometimes drink the P &G black tea, which is a bit stronger. I know that there's a decaf version of that, but haven't tried it yet.
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 1,915 Member Member Posts: 1,915 Member
    I think it's easier (for me) to pass on the alcohol for right now because I'm enjoying hot tea. This is not the case once the weather warms up. I'll have to find something, maybe a protein shake???? 🤷‍♀️

In the south they just put that tea over ice! I like iced mint/black tea combo, and there's a restaurant,here, that has the best peach iced tea...
  • pippaspippas Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! This is my third Dry January and by far the one I’ve enjoyed the most. The last times I really did miss wine/gin/cocktails but this time I don’t at all. All associated health benefits are evident already which keeps me going. Worried that with Scotland going into a strict lockdown on the 4th of Jan might derail me but it’s served to strengthen my resolve. Well done everyone on your achievement so far! Almost half way there.
  • sarah7591sarah7591 Member Posts: 54 Member Member Posts: 54 Member
    How is everyone doing? I am craving my Saturday night glass of wine but holding strong! Hope you all are as well. We are half way there!
  • Alinouveau2Alinouveau2 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    I am missing just chilling with a weekend glass of wine. We're under a stay at home order so it's kind of good doing dry January because it's really easy to just drink too much when you are stuck at home.

This is really the only year is be able to do this so it's kind of a fun challenge and my wine rack will still be there. Can't believe January is half over already
    Have a good weekend!!!
    Hang in there! Don't be like Andy!!! 💕
  • LMM217LMM217 Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    Well, the last half of dry January has been/will be easy for me. I have Covid and alcohol sounds absolutely terrible. :(

How is everyone else doing?
  • Alinouveau2Alinouveau2 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    LMM217 wrote: »
    Well, the last half of dry January has been/will be easy for me. I have Covid and alcohol sounds absolutely terrible. :(

How is everyone else doing?

Oh no hope you feel better and have minimal symptoms.

I can't believe there's basically one week left of Dry January. Hubs had some wine yesterday and I was tempted but I figured why give in now and I just refilled my water bottle.