WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited January 2021
    TEAM UPDATE

Hi folks! I have great news! We have a new team captain! So please, be on your best behavior, and congratulate @melaniedscott on her new leadership position. Melanie has been such a positive presence here on the team, and will be a fantastic co-captain. I'm so excited to have her on my side.

And Melanie? Now that I've made the announcement, you're not allowed to back out.
    Sorry, not sorry.

Quick Update on me:

Yesterday's Weight (pre-spin class): 169.8 lbs
    Today's Weight (no spin class this morning): 167.2 lbs

Clearly, I was holding onto a lot (A LOT) of water. Most of which was ... released before I weighed in this morning. So I updated my weigh-in, and reconfirmed that my body is doing awesome, regardless of what my scale says.

Does it look like I lost 2.6 lbs overnight? Absolutely.
    Did I burn the 9100 calories necessary to burn 2.6 lbs overnight? Pfft, no.
    Did I eat half a bag of tortilla chips with half a jar of salsa yesterday? You know it.

Friday weigh day and its a good one! WOOT!

today's weight 208.8

Oh wow, that's an impressive loss! I want to make sure I have this right. It looks like your recorded weight from last week was 216.6, which would mean a 7.8 lb loss over the course of a week. Is that correct? Do you think that was from water weight, less bloating, or just working off 27,300 calories? I'm curious.

PS: I also talk about Oreos a lot. Oreos are magnificent.

I hope to see the sun today.

I feel like that's my sentiment every day, and Ohio isn't great about helping me with that goal. I hope you see the sun today too, Debbie!

ljdanny wrote: »
    I have been having a very stressful week, having some personal problems. It's taking its toll on me.

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself, Tracy. Your weight is a secondary concern. Being stressed about what goes into your body is a horrible combination with other outside forms of stress and can often only make things worse. We're here if you need to vent about anything or if you need a distraction. :heart:
  • minstrelofsarcasm

As always, this is not everyone. These are just the weigh-ins I have either missed or haven't seen yet (some because they're for today/tomorrow). If you have posted your weight for this week or some request to be moved/excused I haven't noted, and your name is still on this list, please please please let me know.

If you want to be excused for this week, or if you want to be moved to the Goal Zone or Support Team or back to the Loss Team, now is the time! We are getting ready for our February challenge, and I want everyone to be where they think they would most benefit for right now.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Week 4
    HW: 218.5
    PW: 173.8
    CW: 174.8
    LTD: 43.7

One pound on, but it still leaves me with I think just over 4.5lb overall loss in this month. This past week has seen me cake baking and decorating for my son's 9th birthday, then proceeding to eat a little too much cake in the following days. And then TOM arriving. So, to be honest I think only 1 pound on is a bit of a win!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    TEAM UPDATE

today's weight 208.8

Oh wow, that's an impressive loss! I want to make sure I have this right. It looks like your recorded weight from last week was 216.6, which would mean a 7.8 lb loss over the course of a week. Is that correct? Do you think that was from water weight, less bloating, or just working off 27,300 calories? I'm curious.

no way was my deficit that large by any stretch of the imagination. LMAO The previous week I had lost 1 pound (and maybe a fraction therof). REALLY, THAT (by the books, anyway) should have been larger, but TOM and 2 meals out in restaurants contributed to a fair amount of water retention. So, balanced out about 4 pounds (roughly) each of the 2 weeks which is consistent with what happy scale is saying the trend right now is. My daily calories are set at 1500 (If I workout I tend to eat close to that, if I don't I try to stay a bit lower), and I don't usually eat back exercise calories (unless we are talking Mexican food and chips and queso- in which case GAME ON!). With the amount I need to lose (by the books, 100 pounds, but for ME and my bone structure/frame- nowhere near that unless I just decide to see if it can be done but its not my target at ALL) the deficit I am carrying, even with not eating back many exercise calories right now, at this moment, is fine.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    @melaniedscott fabulous news! Great to have you as a captain!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 4
    PW - 186.2
    CW - 186.3

I guess I'll call that a maintain, def been some slip-ups this week. I am doing a meal plan for the next few days and really need to get back to being stricter!

@melaniedscott - woot, congrats on being new team captain - you can never have too many sarcastic captains :D
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 135.0
    Today's weight: 134.0
    Weekly Steps: 41,358
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @melaniedscott thank you for becoming our team captain!! We really appreciate it🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Weigh In Day: Friday’s
    HW (Highest Weight): 155
    PW (Previous Weight): 148.5 (January 22)
    CW (Current Weight): 148.1

Total lost for January: 2lbs
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    TEAM UPDATE

Hi folks! I have great news! We have a new team captain! So please, be on your best behavior, and congratulate @melaniedscott on her new leadership position. Melanie has been such a positive presence here on the team, and will be a fantastic co-captain. I'm so excited to have her on my side.

And Melanie? Now that I've made the announcement, you're not allowed to back out.
    Sorry, not sorry.

Ha ha.

On second thought...is it safe to have two sarcastic captains?

If Lisa and Theresa had really intended for Team WNM to be a safe place, they would never have suggested I have a position of power in the first place. And yet, here I am. And now, here you are.

TEAM UPDATE

today's weight 208.8

no way was my deficit that large by any stretch of the imagination. LMAO The previous week I had lost 1 pound (and maybe a fraction therof). REALLY, THAT (by the books, anyway) should have been larger, but TOM and 2 meals out in restaurants contributed to a fair amount of water retention. So, balanced out about 4 pounds (roughly) each of the 2 weeks which is consistent with what happy scale is saying the trend right now is. My daily calories are set at 1500 (If I workout I tend to eat close to that, if I don't I try to stay a bit lower), and I don't usually eat back exercise calories (unless we are talking Mexican food and chips and queso- in which case GAME ON!). With the amount I need to lose (by the books, 100 pounds, but for ME and my bone structure/frame- nowhere near that unless I just decide to see if it can be done but its not my target at ALL) the deficit I am carrying, even with not eating back many exercise calories right now, at this moment, is fine.

Whew, that's a relief to read. I was surprised by the large difference, especially since you are not exceptionally heavy by any stretch of the imagination. If you were 400+ lbs, I could see losing 8 lbs in a week, but you? No no no. A deficit that large in one week would require not eating anything at all AND exercising on top of that.

And now that you've mentioned Mexican food... I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 57 Member
    BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW: 214.7
    PW: 210.3
    CW: 209.4
    LTD: 5.3

Steps:
    8681 23 Jan
    8055 24 Jan
    11160 25 Jan
    6624 26 Jan
    8128 27 Jan
    9364 28 Jan
    6963 29 Jan
  • aknroberts
    aknroberts Posts: 102 Member
    aknroberts
    Week 4
    Weigh in day: Fri
    PW: 228.1
    CW: 227.5
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 136.0

Steps for week 33337
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 3
    Pw- 157
    Cw- 156.1
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm hi can I move my weigh in to Monday?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Your February Team Chat is open! Please continue to post today's weigh-ins and stats here, and go to February for introductions, goal setting, sky's the limit!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823061/weight-no-more-february-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.