I have Covid 19

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited January 2021
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    Prayers of support for you and your mom. This pandemic is maddening ... the media and political blitz make you think if you wear your mask and do exactly what they say.. you won't get it. Not true.. most people who get it are mask wearers and do their very best .as you did. It is a virus that is random and unpredictable.

Take your vitamin C, your zinc...and vitamin d3... if you don' have it.. sign up for instacart and have it delivered from one of your drug stores. You can also have your groceries delivered by them as well.

The hospitals are much better at the treatments now.. so. your mom getting COVID at this time, means the best treatments/theraputics are now available and doctors know more of what they're doing. That wasn't the case six months ago. ]

Stay positive.. take care of yourself.. I know of 11 people.. including a 99 year old and an obese woman with diabetes who recovered from the virus.

My husband is in respiratory. We’ve moved 3 times so he can teach high risk areas and hospitals about the virus and how to use the newest ventilators. I usually don’t comment on posts like this, but your comment is not only incorrect but irresponsible. I know you mean well, and I’ve enjoyed your posts so far that I’ve seen, but please don’t continue to spread this myth. He is working diligently to correct this type of misinformation.

Hi what did you feel was misinformation, its true most mask were recommended to wear don't work unless there n95 or kn95 or something similar. And we can't go wrong taking vitamins in my doctors opinion.

And the media does share alot of mis information.

And the hospitals do have it better together than In the beginning, some more than others.

If you know something we should know please share.

My mom did get an approved drug for covid, along with pain meds, o2 and IV fluids along with her regular meds.

Let's help and support one another, thanks. 😉❤🤗

Oh shoot I missed this! Sorry for the late response. And forgive me if I don’t get into a debate about this- it’s not my intention.

To answer your question, it was the generalization of her comments I bolded that are dangerous. If people believe masks don’t matter and the pandemic is unpredictable than people don’t follow best practices to alleviate the spread.

The information I have is no secret of course, but it is easily accessible to all on cdc.gov. I just checked it today myself and it discusses masks fairly. When people spread the idea that “cloth masks don’t work. Even people who do everything they can to prevent it still get it, so why try?” then the hospitals receive the impact of that misinformation. When the guidelines are followed, such as wearing masks in the correct manner, social distancing, and sanitizing frequently, hospitals decrease in numbers and the spread is lessened. Frontline workers like my husband, who are the ones saving lives, implore us to do our part. It is not unpredictable, and we are not helpless. We should be listening to medical professionals and scientists, not a political party, IMO. And like you said, supporting and helping each other 🙏🏻

So you're lying, but its ok because you're doing it for good reasons. people like you and the lies you told people from the beginning, rather than treating them like adults and telling the truth is the actual reason masks became political. absolutely disgusting, and then on top of it to whine about demanding worship of so-called heroes who are simply doing the job they signed up for, while spending most of their time making idiotic tik tok videos. you're a terrible, arrogant person and should be ashamed of yourself.

Yikes. Are you okay? That’s pretty abusive.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »
    So horrible for you and your poor Mum. I'm in Australia where we don't have the same magnitude of COVID. I hope you are able to eat properly and get your stamina. You must be so upset about your Mum. x
    Thank you for your response this country should have done what Australia did then.

Where much better and I was very upset, but we're really on the mend she's eating all her meals now though mostly pureed and drinking her liquids, getting naps and watching some TV, still slow healing for her she's a bit fatigued still as the doctors say you can be after isolation and we continue to isolate for this reason. But much better overall since she came home.

What are you doing to stay safe from covid in Australia? Are you out at work? The stores for food?

Take care and thank you for your kind words.😉🙃🤗❤

Since applespearsncakes hasn't replied yet and I'm in Australia too I'll give my take on where I am. We have zero Covid so don't need to really do anything much. I am still careful so wash my hands and use sanitiser. The shops all have some for you to use before entering if you want to use it. No masks needed here but I have some ready if things change on day (we are in North Queensland). We had a short while when some worked from home but most are back in their place of work. Brisbane has had the odd very small cases of COVID and if they pop up things get shut into lock down quickly for a brief period but otherwise it's all things as usual basically here. They do still have tables spaced in restaurants and we are told to social distance etc.. but it's not really an issue for now. If other states have an outbreak we shut the boarders fast in most states. Any Aussies returning from overseas must go into the governments choice of quarantine hotel for two weeks at their own expense. At first they had plenty of time to come home and stay at them and the government paid for it all but that period is over now.

I should add that our figures show a few cases most days but if you read carefully they are almost always only the international travellers that flew in and quarantined till they are known to be virus free.

This is an awesome update! It’s encouraging to see what can happen if we all come together and follow guidelines. I really miss seeing people’s faces!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Whomever disagreed with me could you please say what I said was incorrect so I can prove what I said it true to you and then tell me what your country is doing better if it has the pandemic is killing lots of people? I guess you don't wear a mask and should be too.
  • carbos101
    carbos101 Posts: 48 Member
    Australia seems to have a grip on Covid, however, they've a population of what - 30-35K people (about the population of California - one state!) and the US has 330,000! Huge difference. Most people I know (over 55) have 'sheltered in place' other than necessary errands, faithfully following the mask/social distancing. When life resumes to the next level here the outbreaks skyrocket. Herd immunity (like all previous viruses) via resuming to normal life (which will happen now w/election over) will be the answer along with the vaccine to protect the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
  • carbos101
    carbos101 Posts: 48 Member
    Hopefully, normal life to reach herd immunity will be the answer -- obviously, the next level of normalcy here and back again to phase 1 due to outbreak isn't working. Apparently, the new mutated virus is 30% more deadly - this is unreal.
  • mockchoc
    carbos101 wrote: »
    Australia seems to have a grip on Covid, however, they've a population of what - 30-35K people (about the population of California - one state!) and the US has 330,000! Huge difference. Most people I know (over 55) have 'sheltered in place' other than necessary errands, faithfully following the mask/social distancing. When life resumes to the next level here the outbreaks skyrocket. Herd immunity (like all previous viruses) via resuming to normal life (which will happen now w/election over) will be the answer along with the vaccine to protect the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.

And I agree. I never said otherwise about other places no matter how much the population is. I hope things get better there very soon with all of my heart. Big hugs to all there.
  • mockchoc
    I can say it was totally 100% not meant that way at all but whatever.. people can take things as they like. I was only stating the facts and nothing more. The part about not wearing a mask was because they were rude by disagreeing instead of saying what was incorrect in their eyes and probably don't wear a mask when they should so not sorry about that part.