Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

[Change suggestion] Per-user food tagging/numbering

radosuafradosuaf Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
It would be much more convenient, if each user would be able to attach a 3-digit number to a certain food (for example: banana - 1, chicken breast - 2 ... chocolate muffin - 999):
1. it's easier to enter food by number if you remember your base foods (I mostly use 20, maybe 30)
2. you are sure that "tomato soup" with "241" attached to it is YOUR soup when you're browsing 84 results

Replies

• cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,744 Member Member Posts: 30,744 Member
    Why can't you do that now? That's exactly what I do. Makes the Search easier.

It would be great if when I added my special number (or modifier, letters work too) to the Search that I only got back those specific items. That would be a much better Search function, but that doesn't always happen and that would be a much more useful function so I will add my request to yours. :)

If you don't make your specific new food entries "Public" then you won't clog up the database for the rest of us (Please. That's what I do so you won't see them.)
    edited January 5
  • radosuafradosuaf Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    But that works for the items you add yourself, right? What about all that are already entered? I'd just scan the bar code on tomato soup, verify if it's the correct one and tag it with 241. Now I have to enter all the data and name it "[241] Tomato soup", as I understand?

I don't want to bother entering bananas, eggs, butter, milk or flour, if that is not necessary :). And there are many Public entries that I actually use, since they're correct.
    edited January 5
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,744 Member Member Posts: 30,744 Member
    1. When you select a food item, a Nutrition box appears to the right of the list of choices (on the web version.)
    2. Select the green button that says "Nutrition Info." A new box will appear.
    3. Where it says, "Is this data accurate?" Select, "No."
    4. It will then let you edit the title. You can add your number there.
    You can leave everything else the same or you can edit anything you want in the nutrition info and save it. The bonus feature of editing existing entries is that you then have it saved in your My Foods list, too. It becomes a personal My Food. :) You can search for it from the regular database or in your My Foods list.

Unfortunately you cannot add My Foods directly to the FOOD diary from My Foods, though. But it is at least a way to find the exact name for your foods and then copy paste the name into the regular search.

Yes, I know that's confusing. Just try it and play with it.