Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Block or report seems to be gone

debrakgooginsdebrakgoogins Member, Premium Posts: 2,033 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,033 Member
How do I report an abusive user and block them? We used to be able to block a user but that option doesn't appear to exist anymore. I just had a person tell me that I am going to die "lowly"...I am assuming he means slowly. This was not because of my fitness level but because I told him I am married and not interested in creepy men telling me how fit and beautiful I am in personal messages.

Replies

• durdendurden Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 409 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 409 MFP Staff
    Could you please report this to our support team via https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to [email protected]? We'd be happy to provide you instructions on how to block users and look into this specific situation for you.
  • debrakgooginsdebrakgoogins Member, Premium Posts: 2,033 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,033 Member
    I can do that but why can’t that be shared for other users to know how. I’ll be honest, I have been in this app 8 years and if blocking unwanted advances becomes harder than just clicking a block button, I will move on.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,744 Member Member Posts: 30,744 Member
    Maybe you can try it on the web version.

I just tried it and it worked for me.

You have to open a message from the user, at the bottom of the opened message is the "Block" button.
  • debrakgooginsdebrakgoogins Member, Premium Posts: 2,033 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,033 Member
    Maybe you can try it on the web version. You have to open a message from the user, at the bottom of the opened message is the "Block" button.

Thank you! It isn't present on the phone app but I was able to block him on the web version. I appreciate your assistance.
    durden wrote: »
    Could you please report this to our support team via https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to [email protected]? We'd be happy to provide you instructions on how to block users and look into this specific situation for you.

I have blocked the individual through the web based version of MFP. I also sent an email to the support address you provided along with screen shots of the conversation. I would sincerely like to know why the block option is not available on the phone app though. That doesn't seem like that difficult of an option to add.