Insanity 2021!

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    I have two weeks remaining on the program and plan to start another round as well. I wish I would have found this thread when I started.

Congratulations @csmcozart on getting through the first half of month two! I'm really looking forward to getting back to it on Monday! Have a great weekend 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Nice one @csmcozart ! Good luck on your next go around.
    @Katylockett, I miss your daily updates... whatcha doing this week?!
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    I have two weeks remaining on the program and plan to start another round as well. I wish I would have found this thread when I started.

Congratulations @csmcozart on getting through the first half of month two! I'm really looking forward to getting back to it on Monday! Have a great weekend 😊

Have you tried any of Shaun T's other workouts? I may try Asylum next.
  • katylockett
    Nice one @csmcozart ! Good luck on your next go around.
    @Katylockett, I miss your daily updates... whatcha doing this week?!

Me too @skinnyrev2b !
    I have been feeling exhausted this past week, I think my body has been on major rest mode 😴
    I am currently sitting sorting my round two insanity calendar with excitement!! And I'm going to do a couple of dance workouts today to myself moving again.
    I've decided to skip the first fit test (seen as I just did one a week ago) and jump straight into Plyo metric Cardio Circuit tomorrow πŸ’ͺ
    In preparation I bought some more wrist bands, a few headbands (to save the 'Ew's' ) πŸ˜…πŸ‘πŸ‘ and a small mat to save burning my elbows on this round - good to go and very excited to start round two - I've been lost without the routine this week!
    Here we go again 🀣 Bring it on!! πŸ’ͺ
  • katylockett

Have you tried any of Shaun T's other workouts? I may try Asylum next.

I haven't @csmcozart but I really like to look of Asylum - probably one for the future, but I'm focusing on conquering the moves in insanity first then I'll look for a new challenge. I'm really looking forward to getting started on round two tomorrow 😁
  • skinnyrev2b
    Yea! More Insanity updates!!!
    (Living vicariously here!)
    So tempted to join in, but I pay a gym membership which has been frozen throughout covid, but I'm keen to use it again asap... so will get so far with Insanity, only then switch to the centre...
  • csmcozart
    I'm starting week 8 with Max Interval Circuit this morning. Y'all keep me.in your thoughts and prayers.... If you don't hear from me again, know that I went out doing something I love.
  • csmcozart
    I'm starting week 8 with Max Interval Circuit this morning. Y'all keep me.in your thoughts and prayers.... If you don't hear from me again, know that I went out doing something I love.

I made it through. It almost got me at the end, but I persevered.
  • katylockett

I made it through. It almost got me at the end, but I persevered.

Well done @csmcozart nice work πŸ‘πŸ’₯
  • skinnyrev2b
    Yea @csmcozart ! Good for you! Now keep it going... :D;)
  • katylockett
    Well here we go again πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Day 1: Plyometric Circuit. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Loving being back 😁 The difference in the warm up from month two's warm up was a nice change and I went straight into negative pushups on level one drills πŸ’ͺ I will conquer the dreaded push ups! I managed all of the non floor exercises and I definitely did a lot more than I used to of the ski and 'in & out' ab work. My new gear was put to well use and worked wonders πŸ˜… - no sweat in the eyes 🀒 so all I all a brilliant first workout!
    Have a great Monday 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Whoop whoop! Nice one Katy!
    I'm off round the parishes on my bike today. I'll keep you in mind as my inspiration when I hit the hills...
  • katylockett
    Whoop whoop! Nice one Katy!
    I'm off round the parishes on my bike today. I'll keep you in mind as my inspiration when I hit the hills...

Thanks @skinnyrev2b πŸ‘ Enjoy your cycleπŸš΄β€β™€οΈ feel the burnπŸ”₯πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • skinnyrev2b
    I did! And thought of you...!
    Did you ever come across the books 'What Katy did' and 'What Katy did next'? I remember my sister reading them, and I probably did - but have no recollection of what was in them... but it tickled me today to think 'what would katy do...?'!
    It got me up the hills anyway - so thanks!
  • csmcozart
    Completed Max Interval Plyo this morning. This program is rough on the hip flexors. When I have to take a break, it's because my hip flexors can't take anymore.
  • katylockett
    I did! And thought of you...!
    Did you ever come across the books 'What Katy did' and 'What Katy did next'? I remember my sister reading them, and I probably did - but have no recollection of what was in them... but it tickled me today to think 'what would katy do...?'!
    It got me up the hills anyway - so thanks!

🀣 Yes I had those books as a kid! Well done, I bet those hills were a challenge πŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ”₯
  • katylockett
    Day 2: Cardio Power and Resistance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Well two amazing things happened this morning!
    1. I managed 28 power jumps in 30 seconds, which means on the fit test I 'should' be able to get 56 in a minute, beating my last score by 11 😱
    2. While doing my negative push-ups, instead of having a micro second rest on the floor before knees down and back up, I kept my body just off the floor, knees down and back up πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ a mini victory but it feels huge for my useless arms πŸ’ͺπŸ˜‚
    Fantastic workout, I do really like this one - I love the hurdle jumps 'come on Y'ALL, let's GO!' 🀣 Brilliant! Have a great day 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice one Katy! Resistance bandsπŸ’ͺ🦡 for me today, but will probably do a cardio one later as I have leftover πŸ• to eat for lunch...! 🀣
  • katylockett
    Woo nice! I hope you reach your pizza goals!!
  • katylockett
    It's an after work workout today, so all that has been rattling around my head today is @skinnyrev2b 's mantra 'Don't think, just do. Don't think just do' 🀣 I've got this πŸ’ͺ