Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Family Nutrition Tracking

rebbecmarebbecma Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
My wife and I both have MFP premium plans, and we would like to create one for our 6 year old son to track what he eats and drinks and make better food decisions for him. To track for the family has a myriad of issues:
1. We have to have 1 device per user or have to repeatedly log out as a user and log in as a different user.
2. When the whole family eats the same foods, we have to create food items or recipes for everyone individually.

I would like to see a "Family" plan where individual accounts can be added to the same family and where then food items, recipes, and meals are shared across rye famly automatically.

Additionally, as a designated parent, I could log and view data for each family member without logging out of my account.

Finally tools to mass log food for family at meal time would be good - example: If family has grilled chicken, corn, and rice for dinner I could have a table where rows are family members and columns are each dish - I could then input how many servings of each dish each family member ate at meal time all at once.

I know I would pay above my premium plan rates to be able to manage my family like this because I want to make it easy to ensure my whole family is healthy.

Replies

• rebbecmarebbecma Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    MFP for families could even be a whole new product in the software, where articles, content, and information is focused on kids and shared family nutrition as much as individual.
  • durdendurden Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 409 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 409 MFP Staff
    Hi there! This is a lovely suggestion, but I wanted to inform you that our program is designed for individuals that are 18 years or older and we currently have no plans to expand out to younger members. Please do not create an account for your child.

Younger individuals have different nutritional needs that our program cannot accommodate, and attempting to use the program with inaccurate goals may be dangerous and lead to health complications. For that reason we require users to be 18 years or older, and actively remove accounts of underage users who sign up anyways and break our terms of service.

Thank you for sharing your feedback in any case!
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,218 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,218 Member
    rebbecma wrote: »
    MFP for families could even be a whole new product in the software, where articles, content, and information is focused on kids and shared family nutrition as much as individual.

https://www.myplate.gov/resources/tools might be a good tool for you. It replaced the USDA's supertracker.