2021 - New Year, New Me

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Am very puzzled but I guess a cheap desk cycle will not have a good calorie Counter. However, I do feel the burn and this is one of the chair exercises that I can do due to my vertigo.

If you check out my mini cycle counter, the results at this moment 9.42pm is as such:
    wvx71werew6q.jpg

9nhx2d3wia42.jpg

If I go my MFP and key in my info, it will be as such:

b8bsgbnkprri.jpg

So, I guess in it more realistic to say that I burnt 224 calories by mini cycle for 87 mins, right?

Also, am wearing my watch and I am trying my best to clock in 10000 steps minimum daily.

• jadepearl
    Accountability Report - 1/10/2021
    Food - 1148 calories
    Exercise - Desk Mini Exercise Bike - 228 calories burned (Using MFP)
    Smart Band Fitness Tracker - 14298 (9.2km)
    Water/Beverages - 2 Litres
    CW: 60.5kg (-0.3kg)
    GW:50kg

Sure hope I can see some results soon! *fingers cross*
  • jadepearl
    Accountability Report - 2/10/2021
    Food - 1228 calories
    Exercise - Desk Mini Exercise Bike - 176 calories burned (Using MFP)
    Smart Band Fitness Tracker - 10140 (6.6km)
    Water/Beverages - 1 Litres
    CW: 60.2kg (-0.5kg)
    GW:50kg

Am happy that I can now exercise :) Even though I am only doing chair exercises, peddling on my mini desk cycle is still a form of exercise. Of course, I am not going to burn a lot of calories but still a little exercise is better than none, right? :)
  • jadepearl
    I think body is totally 'OOO' 😭😭😭
    I notice that if I eat more than 1200 calories, I will gain weight. Even though I exercise, it doesn't matter. I have been testing this theory of mine and that's how it is. So, if I eat less than 1200 calories, I will see some weight loss the next day. 🤔😩
  • Gramercy1
    Gramercy1 Posts: 22 Member
    That is so frustrating. That is really not a lot of calories -- I don't think I could stick to that :(
  • jadepearl
    @Gramercy1 - it sure is😩 I am quite short and small frame. When I keyed in my details in MFP, it recommended around 1100 - 1200 calories for me to lose weight. But, it's not working this time😢
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    MFP doesn't like to go below 1200 calories much and won't let you close out your food diary if you have logged less than 1000 calories. I hope you find that right number that will work for you. Rooting for you!
  • jadepearl
    @LadyBlanks - That's what I discovered too. Had to google to find out what calories I need to lose weight.
  • jadepearl
    So for the past week or so, my vertigo went pretty bad. So, I couldn't even exercise most of the days. Weighed myself today and I am still in my 60s - 60.5kg right now. Just for me to get down to the 59s is just so hard right now. Hopefully, I can see 59-something soon.
    How's everyone doing?
  • jadepearl
    Weighed myself this morning and the scale went a little downwards - 60.3kg. Adjusted my calorie intake and trying my very best to peddle for 90 mins daily on my mini desk cycle. This is one exercise that does not trigger my vertigo.

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone! <3
  • Gramercy1
    Ugh that vertigo sounds absolutely awful -- great that you are able to find something that doesn't quite trigger it and still lets you move.
  • jadepearl
    @Gramercy1 - Yup, it sure is :( However, I had it since young and I have lived with it like forever. So, its just a part of me, you know. Oh well..that's life, I guess.

Got up this morning and am happy as my vertigo has got better. Jumped onto my scale and its 60kg this morning! So, another 10kg to go to reach my GW. Going to take it slow. Am also aiming to peddle on my mini desk cycle for 90 mins minimum daily.

Have a wonderful weekend! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited October 2021
    JP, you are doing quite well. Taking the last 10kg slow will provide for better maintenance. I am glad you are able to do the mini desk cycle. I am going to join you with the 90 minute desk cycle. I have a mini cycle at home and at work. I may commit to 45 minutes at work and 45 minutes at home since I am also working on doing 10,000 steps while at work. I think a 45 minute cycle after my meal would be good.
  • jadepearl
    @LadyBlanks - Thank you <3 Yes, I think this time around I will take it slow and steady as the last time when I hit my GW, I couldn't maintain it. Glad to hear you are joining me on the mini desk cycle. It does work even though the burn is slower, but it works! :)
  • jadepearl
    Wohoo...my vertigo did not make her appearance today and..........
    I am back down to the 50s land! :smiley: I am now 59.6kg (131.1lbs) and if I keep doing what I am doing, I am really hoping to see 58kg something by this coming Saturday's weigh-in.

Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • Gramercy1
    Congrats, that's amazing!
  • jadepearl
    edited October 2021
    Thank you @Gramercy1 ❤️

Ms Vertigo came back😭 So, could not do much. Thankfully, now, am much better. Hopefully, no more Vertigo during the weekends. Sooo... its 1 step forward and 2 steps back😭😭😭

HB was trying to be nice and reminded me that back on Nov 2019, I managed to get back down to 52kg plus. However, when covid started, stress creeped in and Ms Vertigo appeared too. Oh well, am going to do it again till I succeed. 🤞🤞🤞

Have a wonderful weekend ❤️
  • jadepearl
    edited October 2021
    I really wish things will get better for me but right now its like 1 step forward, 3 steps back😢 I have been eating carbs to ease my vertigo😣 It's not a perfect solution but it helps me to work at the shop, you know. I am also trying to peddle on my mini desk cycle for 90 mins daily. Some days I OK but some days, I can get in my 90 mins.🙄

I am one of those who can have a bite of this and another bite of that and WEIGHT GAIN the next day😭

Let's hope I can lose weight slowly but surely and hopefully, I can maintain it this time around.
    Still wearing my watch and I try my best to take more than 10,000 steps daily.

erqxwlvjqa49.jpg

Am doing weigh-in on Saturday now.

Take care❤️
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Jade you are doing awesome. I can't imagine being as active as you are with vertigo. I hope you get it figured out. I didn't know that carbs help with the vertigo. Have you tried an electrolyte drink? I'm not careful with my food in regards to vertigo. I'll have to look into that. I hope it goes away soon and STAYS away for you :'(
  • jadepearl
    @katjustkat - Thank you❤️ It's alright as I had vertigo since I was young. I was thought to do the 4 types of exercises but I tend to do mostly the Foster. 😊 I was told that I have to live with it. Some years, it appears once a while but other years, it's constantly.

###

I wanted to know how come I could lose weight and get down to 52kg in 2019 and I discovered that I cut down on a lot of carbs. 2019 was mostly vertigo free. Ever since covid, my vertigo appears very often. Doctor said most of the time my trigger point is STRESS😖 So, since carbs ease my vertigo, I have been eating a lot of carbs. Furthermore, in 2019, I zumba every single day and now, the only thing I can manage is peddle on my mini desk cycle. So, due to all this, I FAIL to lose weight.

Am trying again next week🤞

Had a very bad heavy rain with golf size hailstones. Thankfully, no major damage and our whole family is safe❤️👨‍👩‍👦

du4ca1zqbx8d.jpg