Group start weight 180 lb
    Goal 150-160 lb

Lowest recent weigh-in: 167
    Last weeks weigh-in: 178.8
    This weeks weigh-in: 183

On the upward trajectory of the bounce this week. :s
  • laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    @lauriekallis like everyone says it's not linear, it's also really bloddy difficult! I cannot wait to be in maintenance and have the occasional pizza or treat and not be pissed off that I won't have a loss that week because of it.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 155.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 153.0

Persevering is paying off, was delighted to see the number consistently drop the past week. Goal is feeling achievable. I've a mini goal of 150lbs in three weeks. That will be next dietitian appointment. Also when I make an appointment for breast reduction operation 😊 I've always wanted to do it and now that weight is down its the right time. Plus I haven't gone down one single cup size with my loss so far! I feel you can't really see the loss when you have a large chest. I'll probably be six months waiting for the operation so it will be a good amount of time to maintain the loss and get into maintenance routine.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,164 Member
    Congratulations @laurad1978 - You must be tickled!!!!!

My cup size did not go down with this weight loss, but I did go from a 44DDD to a 38DDD - and I would love reduction surgery when this is done - but all there will be to reduce is skin I expect! lol. It would be so much fun to have little perky breasts that don't really need a bra!

You are an inspiration.
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 275 lb
    Goal 150-160 lb

Last weeks weigh-in: 183
    This weeks weigh-in: 180.6

On the downward trajectory of the bounce this week - I like this direction much better! :)
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis brilliant that your on the way down again. So disheartening when your not seeing it move in the right direction.
    Yeah when I try on older bras the cup still fit perfect but the back too loose. I've gone from a tight 36G to a 32H 😕 so I think surgery is the way forward with this one (or should I say pair 😂)
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 595 Member
    Highest weight 165lb
    Group start weight (Feb 6th 2021) 143.3lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 140.6
    This week 140.6

Wow, didn't realise it had been so long since I last checked in here! 4 weeks! Oops.
    Oh, well, not much has happened in that time - a little bouncing around the same weight.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a long game - I am not aiming to lose fast, but wanting to make it a sustainable way of living, so maintaining is pretty good - I just need a few tweaks to make a small deficit most of the time (and to not wipe it all out with special events).
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 153.0
    This weeks weigh-in: 153.2

Had a great weekend enjoyment wise, not so much diet wise. Was initially up 2.5lbs so great to only be up a small bit now. Have a dietitian appointment 2 weeks today and would love to be down to 150lbs for that. So I'll try up the exercise for the next two weeks and see how it goes.
  • jo_nz
    Highest weight 165lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 140.6
    This week 140.0

Feeling a bit rough tonight (2nd covid vax this morning), but at least it's been a good week weight & exercise-wise.
    I finally found a nice local walking route that's just over 10km, and did that on Sunday in a respectable time - feeling quite prepared for my 10km walking event next month.

Off to bed now - hopefully a good night's sleep will do the trick. 😴
  • laurad1978
    @jo_nz brilliant on the vaccine, I'm hoping I'll have mine in the next month. 🤞We start getting some normality back.
    That's a great loss for you this week being at such a low weight. Also just mention I've heard a few people saying their weight went up a few lbs after getting the vaccine, apparently water retention can be an immune response.
  • lauriekallis
    @laurad1978 glad you mostly got rid of those weekend pounds....fingers crossed for a good drop for next week!

@jo_nz I've heard the second vax is a bit tougher than the first - be gentle on you! I have heard the same as Laurad1978 about the water retention. Congratulations on the drop and the 10k walking!

Highest weight 275 lb
    Goal 150-160 lb

Last weeks weigh-in: 180.6
    This weeks weigh-in: 178.0

On the downward trajectory of the bounce again this week ... woohoo! Maybe I'm back on track? :)
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis 👏 you must be delighted with that loss.
  • jo_nz
    Lol, could be a really bad week ahead for water weight then...also expecting the usual monthly upswing this week as well as having had the vaccine 🤪

Great result this week @lauriekallis

• jo_nz
    Highest weight 165lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 140.0
    This week 140.8

Not a great week. I ended up feeling rotten last week, but it think it was actually more the cold my DS had earlier last week (confirmed NOT covid) than a vax reaction.
    I had a couple of rough days, and today was actually my first workout in just over a week! Easing myself back into it now.
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 275 lb
    Goal 150-160 lb

Last weeks weigh-in: 178.0
    This weeks weigh-in: 180.2

On the upward trajectory of the bounce again this week ... but not as bad as it looks - there was a 176 pound day in the past few days so overall on the way down. This morning was (hopefully) an odd one!
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 153.0
    This weeks weigh-in: 151.8

Im bouncing all over the place this week, hopefully it settles at the lower number 😊
    Felt like an average week, which in itself is brilliant as its stopped feeling like a diet and is just how I eat. I'd be happy to continue like this with the odd treat thrown in and see a small monthly loss over the next few months to get to goal.
  • lauriekallis
    @laurad1978 that sounds like a perfect plan. Good progress too!
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 151.8
    This weeks weigh-in: 150.6

Seem to have settled between 150.5 and 151 the past week. Still weighing myself daily but might start to use one of the apps that you log your weight in that works out your averages. Want to make sure I've things in place for when I move into maintenance. Also think I'll shift my goal to 140lbs but will decide when I get to the 146.
  • lauriekallis
    Great work @laurad1978 for maintainng such a nice downward trend!

Ah - the elusive final goal :) I originally had a goal of 190 - what I weight when I quite smoking 5 years ago. But, back then I was pretty muscular so it looked good from the 280 pound place I was at. When I hit 190, I dropped my goal to 175. Again dropped it to 160 - and now I'm thinking 150 would be a perfect place to switch to maintenance.

Alas...not sure if I will make it there anymore...so I'm just trying to focus on staying the course on a daily level rather than a goal level...though it doesn't give you the same hit of endorphins as seeing a nice drop in weight!

I've started using Trendweight. Which averages your weight and gives you nice numbers which take away the sting of the scale rollercoaster. You need either a smart scale or fitbit to supply the scale weights.

Nice to see you here and looking forward to seeing you next week!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 275 lb
    Goal 150-160 lb

Last weeks weigh-in: 180.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 187.4

On the downward trajectory of the bounce again this week ... it feels like maybe I've learned how to "maintain" rather than gain, but was kinda hoping to lose. :D