Wednesday Weigh In

Replies

• jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 595 Member
    So, I changed the battery in my scales this week ...and instantly went up 2lb! πŸ˜•
    But feeling good and back to normal after being sick the previous week πŸ˜ƒ

Highest weight 165lb
    Group start weight (Feb 6th 2021) 143.3lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 140.8
    This week 141.7
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,164 Member
    lol...just realized I transposed numbers last week. That weigh-in was supposed to be 178.4
  • jo_nz
    lol...just realized I transposed numbers last week. That weigh-in was supposed to be 178.4

Oops...and yay!! πŸ˜‚
  • jo_nz
    Feeling pretty happy this week - bought some new jeans (smaller 😊) and having clothes that fit just makes me feel so much better. They are still tight enough that I can't go too far off track LOL.
    But it's good to see that I probably have actually been replacing some fat with muscle over the last few months since I started exercising more regularly (weight hasn't changed much but shape has a bit). And I know my cardio fitness and my balance have improved too.

I have my 10km walk with my sister coming up in 11 days - can't wait to see her, and really looking forward to it. I clocked up an 11km walk on Sunday - started out with my son (14yr old) and the dog, but DS was tired after 4km! The dog and I enjoyed the rest...and at a slightly faster pace too, not that I minded - quite an achievement to get the teenager out doing something with his boring old mum πŸ˜†.

Highest weight 165lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 141.7
    This week 141.3

• laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    @jo_nz and @lauriekallis we all seem to be moving in the right direction at the moment which is brilliant to see. Pity there isn't a few more of us in the group. I might post a link to one of the main forum chats and see if we can get a few more to join. Let me know if you're both ok with that.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 150.6
    This weeks weigh-in: 150.0

Was in with the dietician last week and went really well, according to her scales I was 147 :smile: . She does a full body scan which I find brilliant, according to that I was down 11lbs of fat and up 4.5 lbs of muscle, which matches my scales which was showing a 6.5 lb loss over the six weeks, the fat loss was a lovely surprise. Definitely putting it down to paddleboarding as all the muscle gain was in my torso and arms (I'll stop complaining about Ireland being so windy now as I'm obviously getting the benefits from it. The dietician wants me to immediately up the calories to 1400 because she feels I'm getting too comfortable at 1200 - only unfortunate part of that is the extra calories have to come from boring stuff like olive oil as opposed to my suggestion of cake!
  • jo_nz
    @laurad1978 sure, it would be lovely to have a few more in here to chat with.
  • lauriekallis
    @laurad1978 - Yes! It would be good to have the energy more people will bring. And congratulations on your dietician report/info! That is an amazing accomplishment! I remember when I upped my calories from 1200 to 1400 and had actually been dreaming of adding things like olive oil to the sliced tomatoes and peanut butter to some celery now an again. I've been taking those little luxuries for granted lately (though I've cut out the peanut butter because I don't seem to have much self control with that lovely stuff :) )

Major accomplishment for you, too, @jo_nz - on getting the teenager out walking with you! I'm on the grandson front now and wow what a treat he is. Pleased to walk to the moon and back with me at this stage - but I remember those "old boring mom" days...
  • lauriekallis
    Forgot about the weighing in part of this visit! Didn't manage to weigh myself the last few days because of said beautiful boy. We wake up with such a bang and for two days in a row I forgot to weigh myself until after tea and water and breakfast...wasn't going to weigh myself then!

Highest weight 275 lb
    Group start weight 180 lb
    Goal 150-160 lb

Lowest recent weigh-in: 167
    Last weeks weigh-in: 178.4
    This weeks weigh-in: 177.2

Third week in a row going down. I'll be so happy if I ever get back to the 160s that I found in March!
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 275 lb
    Group start weight 180 lb
    Goal 150-160 lb

Lowest recent weigh-in: 167
    Last weeks weigh-in: 177.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 176.4

Fourth week in a row going down. Maybe by August I'll get back to my March low weight ... lol ... Can't tell you how happy I am to be moving in the right direction again and was so happy to step on the scale this morning and find that my Wednesday morning weight was a good one to share!

Hope you all are doing well and have a good scale day, too.
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis that's brilliant that your moving in the right direction its so disappointing when you see it go the opposite way.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 150.0
    This weeks weigh-in: 149.4

Feels about right as I've increased calories by 200 a day and mostly through fats. Went to doctor this week and was referred to surgeon for breast reduction as I meet all of the criteria for the insurance. So delighted about that 12months ago I really didn't think I would be here and always assumed I would need to pay for surgery as I wouldn't hit the required weight.
    Now to slowly loose the last 3lbs and then see where I settle over the next few months.
  • lauriekallis
    Congratulations, @laurad1978 !!!!
  • jo_nz
    Ah, rats, after months of life as normal, we had a visitor from Australia last weekend who has since been diagnosed with covid, and is presumed to have been infectious while they were here.
    Just a slight increase in restrictions, not a full lockdown, but no marathon event this weekend πŸ˜•. Not a huge deal in the scheme of things, but a bit disappointing. And the two postponement dates I can't do, so will probably have to defer my entry to next year.

Slight weight gain this week (hormone related)

Highest weight 165lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 141.3
    This week 141.5

• laurad1978
    @jo_nz that's really disappointing, do they have a virtual option for taking part? Not the same as attending the event in person but at least you get to compete in some form.
  • jo_nz
    I don't think there's any virtual option...the downside of our keeping covid at bay is we are not quite so up with the play on alternatives πŸ˜†

My sister (who was doing it with me) may still come for the weekend, and we will just do something on our own.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 149.4
    This weeks weigh-in: 150.0

Trying to increase calories and weight is jumping all over the place. In the past week I've been between 148.4 and 150.8 πŸ€” I must download one of the apps that works out your averages.

Had a big meal out this weekend, first opportunity to eat out since December and had everything I fancied as it's become such a rareity. Just did a big 70km cycle the next day to allow for it.

@jo_nz hope the 10km went well.
  • jo_nz
    Not much change in weight this week - been hovering around the same all week.

Highest weight 165lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 141.5
    This week 141.4

As it turned out, Sunday (the day the marathon was meant to be on) was pretty miserable weather-wise. But I went out for a long walk on Saturday - didn't really keep to my fast pace, but really enjoyed it, even though it started raining halfway through.
    The start of this week we had really awful weather - freezing cold, hail, snow to low levels and of course wind (I live in "Windy Wellington"), so not much walking done so far, but today is looking good.
  • lauriekallis
    Good work, Ladies! 70K cycle - wow - must have burned through that meal out!!! SNOW!!!!! yikes.
    Me - I didn't weight myself Wednesday - kinda forgot - kinda been a challenging week so I've been afraid to enter the scale room!

Really glad there was another week right after to set things right! See you both next Wednesday!
  • lauriekallis
    Great new pictures @laurad1978 - you looks so healthy and fit!!!!