FOOD

Options
2»

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,181 Member
    Options
    AmunahSki wrote: »
    My name is none of your concern but I want to talk about how skiing can take over your life... it’s not easy but with the right mind set you can make it... but after the initial high, it’s downhill all the way... :D

I reckon if you ride lifts it's all downhill, but if you earn your turns, you have to keep working at getting a new high. As they say in the telemark world; free your heel, and your mind will follow.

Let that ferment in your head for a while.

In the meantime, I'm letting some napa cabbage ferment on my counter. It's name is of no concern to you, but I want to talk about how fermentation can take over your life it is really easy, but with the right mind set, and a little salt, YOU can make it. I'm making it now.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    My name is none of your concern but I want to talk about how skiing can take over your life... it’s not easy but with the right mind set you can make it... but after the initial high, it’s downhill all the way... :D

I reckon if you ride lifts it's all downhill, but if you earn your turns, you have to keep working at getting a new high. As they say in the telemark world; free your heel, and your mind will follow.

In the meantime, I'm letting some napa cabbage ferment on my counter. It's name is of no concern to you, but I want to talk about how fermentation can take over your life it is really easy, but with the right mind set, and a little salt, YOU can make it. I'm making it now.

Downhill skiing is a 6-8 METs activity. You can check the Internet if you won't take the word of someone whose name is of no concern to you.
  • mtaratoot
    Options

Downhill skiing is a 6-8 METs activity. You can check the Internet if you won't take the word of someone whose name is of no concern to you.

I don't doubt it.

My little tracking device doesn't seem to understand that I am CHARGING the slopes. It gives me very little calorie burn in between lift rides.

I had a season pass last year, and between awful early-season conditions and then this little virus that's going around, I only got to go up two days. I'm hoping to get out even two days this season, but no season pass. I want to go visit some other lifts if we get enough snow.

Snow is future whitewater, and that's good too.

The name of the ski hills is of no concern to you, I want to talk about how whitewater can take over your life it's not easy but with the right mind set you can make it.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

I don't doubt it.

My little tracking device doesn't seem to understand that I am CHARGING the slopes. It gives me very little calorie burn in between lift rides.

I had a season pass last year, and between awful early-season conditions and then this little virus that's going around, I only got to go up two days. I'm hoping to get out even two days this season, but no season pass. I want to go visit some other lifts if we get enough snow.

Snow is future whitewater, and that's good too.

The name of the ski hills is of no concern to you, I want to talk about how whitewater can take over your life it's not easy but with the right mind set you can make it.

You really have the format down pat, don't you? 🤣
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I am trying to get the right mind set. Then I can make it. I'm still waiting for @Thehurricaneike4862 to come back and offer some guidance.

In the meantime, let's talk about food and bikes and skis and maybe even kimchi. It's not hard, and with the right amount of salt, you can make it.