Books for the mental aspect

Learning2LoveMe
Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So I know theres about 5 billion books on how to lose weight... I have a few, and I'm sure anyone who has tried to lose weight before probably has at least one.

But I want to find a book on the mental aspect of losing weight. I know all about the food and exercise, but I still have mental blocks that I need to get past. Some fears, past experiences, etc that I just need to get over and I'm hoping there is a book out there that can help me with dealing and handling my hurdles.

Have you read one and/or recommend a book for me?

Thanks!

Replies

• ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    The Beck Diet Solution and Workbook. I highly recommend them! Good Luck!
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Dr. Beck wrote a book called the 4 day win...it uses cognitive behavioral therapy to lose weight. She is a psychologist and the Beck diet solution is also good. Jillian Micheals - winning at losing is suppose to be good too. I read a book by Dr, Phil that motivated me too.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    The Beck Diet Solution and Workbook. I highly recommend them! Good Luck!

I second this - it really changed my perspective on eating/living healthy and takes things one day at a time.

Also, the "4 Day Win" by Martha Beck is good.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Awesome... thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely check them out =D
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    great question! thanks!
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    There is a book I love calle "The Taming of the Chew", by Denise Lamothe. It is really good, coming from a holistic perspective about binge eating and poor relationships with food in general. She takes the physical, emotional, and spiritual into perspective. It is very thought provoking and really makes you take a serious look into yourself. I highly recommend it, especially if you have ever had any type of disordered eating, emotional trauma, self-esteem issues, or stress period.

Another good one that I have liked it "How to Think Yourself Thin" by Debbie Johnson. Its just 34 pages of sub-conscious work. The things in there work for anything. Its all about changing your thought patterns.

Thanks for starting a thread about books! I love to read and will be checking into whatever else is suggested!
This discussion has been closed.