Write just 1 tip which triggered your weight loss.

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    mtins71 wrote: »
    "What was the 1 thing which started your weight loss or helped you in losing weight?"

At age 67 being totally repulsed by weighing 315 pounds, being 5'8" tall, with numerous (on medication) "ailments" and being told pretty directly that unless I corrected my weight and health I wouldn't have much of a future. Lost 145 pounds over about 14 months (315 pounds down to 170 pounds; down 7 men's suit sizes). Working my way to 160 pounds.

I have maintained at 170 pounds now for well over 3 years. Off medications and was just approved for "best of class" life insurance rates.

My "secret"? Balanced nutrition (and nutrition coaching), calorie and portion control, macro management, exercise, self-accountability, learning how to eat healthy AND being introduced to MyFitnessPal!! I am currently at 1745 consecutive days logging and assessing everything I eat and how it impacts my well being.

Sorry . . . this was a long "1 thing" answer.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • Minihaha77
    Minihaha77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Two Chi for stress relief.
  • JBU_SCZ
    JBU_SCZ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It all started with a growing interest in how sugar works. That was the start at the beginning of this year - with the implementation of a few tips to keep the sugar curve flat, the weight also went down. In the meantime, I question more and more what I eat (not necessarily how much - that's just a side effect). And the best way to optimise behaviour is to put it into figures - and that's where MFP came in.
  • cfisherd0406
    cfisherd0406 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Had heart palpitations out of nowhere, saw my doctor and realized at the bottom of her notes it says "overweight' and to incorporate walking or aerobics into my daily life, I'm actually very active and I don't "look" overweight but I know I could look and feel so much better! Started doing yoga, mainly because I feel sooo stiff but I actually love it and started to feel more energized and ready for my day.
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Change your snacks, and stop eating so many dates! I also made a new account and made sure all the food entries I was logging were accurate.
  • simlovgin960831
    simlovgin960831 Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    My trigger was counting calories and staying at around 1200 calories a day. The minute I go over that, I start gaining weight so that's my loss and maintenance level. I'm on psychiatric medications so weight loss and maintenance is extremely difficult.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 80 lbs over the last year + but it went in stages, I'd drop 10 lbs then stall, then drop 5 then slip off, then start up again a couple months later. On and off a lot, but thankfully not regaining, I drew the line there.

Every time I cut carbs a little more, things got better. Once I adopted high fat/very low carb, and started focusing on my macro balance instead of calories, all the pieces seemed to fall into place.

I'm shedding the weight steadily, off a lot of meds, diabetes is close to being reversed, inflammation is at all-time low, labs are good, cravings/food addictions are more under control than ever, mental health has improved, even menopause symptoms have improved, and working on physical fitness slowly but surely-- I'm doing another round of physical therapy because I have some mobility & health issues with the back & joints.

It's been good overall, I found my sweet spot.
  • Lullaby2021
    Lullaby2021 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    High protein breakfast was a game changer.

Yes it is, once I switch from carb breakfast.To a high protein breakfast. It set the tune for a more successful day.