• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Thanks, @katharmonic !!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Happy birthday @Tramboman!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Happy birthday @Tramboman for yesterday (sometimes living in the future is weird lol)
  • Tramboman
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Happy birthday @Tramboman!

Thank you, sir!!
  • Tramboman
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Happy birthday @Tramboman for yesterday (sometimes living in the future is weird lol)

If you think living in the future is weird, think about what it's like living in the past.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    Happy birthday @Tramboman

Feb has sucked, I hope all of us with injuries and tribulations are going to see a better March. Quite honestly I am sticking two fingers up to Feb and moving on!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    2/1 – Exercise Bike (5 miles) + weights
    2/2 – Exercise Bike (11 miles) + Kickboxing
    2/3 – 5.07 miles
    2/4 – 5.19 miles
    2/6 – 8.72 miles
    2/8 – 5.18 miles
    2/9 – Exercise Bike (5.5 miles) + weights
    2/10 – 5.26 miles
    2/11 – 5.20 miles
    2/13 – 5.09 miles
    2/15 – 6.12 miles + yoga
    2/16 – Exercise Bike (14 miles) + weights
    2/17 – 5.13 miles
    2/18 – nada
    2/19 – Exercise Bike (8 miles) + strength training
    2/20 – 8.03 miles
    2/21 – 14.07 miles + 2.36 walk
    2/22 – strength training
    2/23 – 5.04 miles + yoga
    2/24 – 4.05 miles + Exercise Bike (7 miles) + strength training
    2/25 – 5.69 miles + 1.60 mile walk
    2/26 – strength training + Exercise Bike (7.13 miles)
    2/27 – cross training (shopping) 😊
    2/28 – 8.52 miles + 1.82 walk
    Total – 96.36 miles

Low mileage due to it being a shorter month, crazy work schedule and the weather. Last month I ran 126 miles compared to 96 this month. However, I did some form of exercise every day except 2 days so I’m good with it. It rained overnight and I spent most of this morning’s run dodging the earth worms. Congrats to everyone making goals and just moving and grooving! Bring on March and springtime please!

@martaindale – those sucky run will only make you stronger!
    @marisap2010 – I bet those cherry trees are beautiful in bloom. Be sure to share some pictures with us.
    You blew your goal out of the water @Tramboman! Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I hope Hobbes is better soon @shanaber. If only our pets could talk to us and tell us what is wrong!

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    And many moooorrre!!
  • Tramboman
    shanaber wrote: »
    @rheddmobile - hope your hip is feeling better!
    @Avidkeo - I am so sorry you all are locked down again. We have not really come out of ours since before the holidays but we are inching closer and a bit more is being allowed now.
    @martaindale - I am with everyone else, your next long run should be great! Besides it is a race and it will be so fun to be out there racing with the other runners!
    @polskagirl01 - so exciting that you are getting to run in all these new places!
    @marisap2010 - love cherry trees. I hope you get to enjoy them this year.
    Happy Happy Birthday @Tramboman

I am finished for the month with just 62 miles. This is a low for me but ok since I set no goal and know I have to take it as I can until I get the hamstring resolved. I had planned to go out today but besides the high winds (50-60mph gusts) blowing me over even in the backyard, Hobbes the Vizsla is sick and had us up most of the night. He isn't eating, even his favorite treats, but was able to keep some water down this morning. He is finally resting/sleeping comfortably so that makes me happy. I have already found an emergency vet to take him to if needed but hopefully we can just see his regular vet tomorrow morning. Hoping to do some strength training after I take a nap.

On to March!

Thank you!!
  • Tramboman
    Happy birthday @Tramboman !

I got in a walk last night and did a tiny amount of jogging to hit my 100k for the month, and also because I wanted to see if running would make my hip hurt. It doesn’t, in fact it seems to feel better after running. The theory at the moment is it’s trauma from the lifting accident compounding a little tendinitis from running in the snow. Feels better, although not gone, this morning.

I’m watching the Winter off road series 10k runners come in on Strava. It’s almost 2 pm now and so far the forecast thunderstorms have held off - it looks like they are going to be lucky and the storm will hit about 6 pm, after the race. It is, however, 73 degrees! Oh Memphis - last week it was 0 F, this week 73! On our walk last night the sound of frogs was deafening.

I was planning to run the 10k course tomorrow, but a) I think my hip needs a couple more days and b) all that rain the race ended up not getting is supposed to hit tonight, and I’m thinking the course will be flooded. This is the course with the legendary shoe-sucking mud pit - 200 meters of calf-deep mud - and if I’m trying to duplicate the race conditions I may want to let it dry out a little. I’m thinking we will head over there tomorrow and WALK the course with a little bit of running, for practice.

Thanks so much!!
  • Tramboman

Feb has sucked, I hope all of us with injuries and tribulations are going to see a better March. Quite honestly I am sticking two fingers up to Feb and moving on!

Thank you!!!
  • Tramboman
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    2/1 – Exercise Bike (5 miles) + weights
    2/2 – Exercise Bike (11 miles) + Kickboxing
    2/3 – 5.07 miles
    2/4 – 5.19 miles
    2/6 – 8.72 miles
    2/8 – 5.18 miles
    2/9 – Exercise Bike (5.5 miles) + weights
    2/10 – 5.26 miles
    2/11 – 5.20 miles
    2/13 – 5.09 miles
    2/15 – 6.12 miles + yoga
    2/16 – Exercise Bike (14 miles) + weights
    2/17 – 5.13 miles
    2/18 – nada
    2/19 – Exercise Bike (8 miles) + strength training
    2/20 – 8.03 miles
    2/21 – 14.07 miles + 2.36 walk
    2/22 – strength training
    2/23 – 5.04 miles + yoga
    2/24 – 4.05 miles + Exercise Bike (7 miles) + strength training
    2/25 – 5.69 miles + 1.60 mile walk
    2/26 – strength training + Exercise Bike (7.13 miles)
    2/27 – cross training (shopping) 😊
    2/28 – 8.52 miles + 1.82 walk
    Total – 96.36 miles

Low mileage due to it being a shorter month, crazy work schedule and the weather. Last month I ran 126 miles compared to 96 this month. However, I did some form of exercise every day except 2 days so I’m good with it. It rained overnight and I spent most of this morning’s run dodging the earth worms. Congrats to everyone making goals and just moving and grooving! Bring on March and springtime please!

@martaindale – those sucky run will only make you stronger!
    @marisap2010 – I bet those cherry trees are beautiful in bloom. Be sure to share some pictures with us.
    You blew your goal out of the water @Tramboman! Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I hope Hobbes is better soon @shanaber. If only our pets could talk to us and tell us what is wrong!

Thank you so much!!
  • Tramboman
    And many moooorrre!!

Be cautious...I don't know if I could run 14.6k when I turn 146.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    February Goal: 90 Miles

2/2: 5.31 miles
    2/3: 6.07 miles
    2/5: 5.26 miles
    2/7: 10.10 miles
    2/8: 5.30 miles
    2/9: 5.32 miles
    2/13: 1.35 miles
    2/14: 0.32 miles
    2/19: 4.07 miles
    2/20: 6.37 miles
    2/21: 10.05 miles
    2/22: 5.51 miles
    2/23: 6.26 miles
    2/24: 5.25 miles
    2/28: 10.02 miles

86.55/90  miles completed for February

I ran 10 miles today. It wasn't a bad run,  but I was a little underdressed.  It was raining when I got up so I waited for the rain to pass. Yesterday it was misty and humid and muggy so I was expecting the same. But it seemed chillier than 54°F to me. I did warm up and had a pretty good run though.  I was short of my goal this month,  but closer than I thought I would get.

Happy Birthday @tramboman!

@rheddmobile I hope the hip feels better soon!

@martaindale Sorry for the crappy run. I bet you'll do great on your half.

Thanks for setting us up for March @katharmonic.

Great running everyone! I'll see you all over in the March thread.

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    Happy Birthday @Tramboman ! Great run. Sorry it had to be on the treadmill.

@shanaber You did great to get in those miles. Taking care of your hamstring takes priority. I hope Hobbes is better!

@rheddmobile Good call on putting of your virtual race a few days. Hope you can replicate the conditions of today pretty closely - except maybe a little cooler.

Great run today @Teresa502 !

@Scott6255 Nice to do the HM in your brother's honor. I hope his PF clears up soon. Sorry about your phone. I've dropped my several times lately. The screen saver is really cracked, but the screen itself is okay. Two of the back corners, however, are shattered. I probably need a new phone, but not ready to go there yet.

Congratulations to all who met their Feb goals, especially with the horrible weather so many of you have had. Just getting out there and moving and clicking away the miles is awesome.