WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

I think one like Flea's, while very nice, will just cause issues in your upper back/shoulder over the long haul because it puts you out of balance, and the time you have it on you is considerable. For me, it's from the car to the building or in extreme cases, lugged around at Disneyland for a day.

For the time and distance you travel, I really think a backpack is your best choice. Alternatively, a crossbody sling pack might work, but you'll have to keep switching it from side to side.

Just an opinion from someone who used to commute by train and foot a lot and tried all kinds of things.

Tina in CA

Good point. I don't walk that far, from my car to the building or my office to a classroom -- a quarter mile at most each leg.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I was going to suggest one of those small rolling bags like you see air staff using. The handle would collapse for buses etc. You could wear a small crossbody bag for keys, money etc. I use a backpack, handbag size, but carry a folded cloth bag in it for overflow.

Bananas - I've finished the series now :'(:'(:'( I was thinking of watching it again, but it's never the same second time around. I feel bereft.

Now watching It’s A Sin, a Channel 4 production about the Aids crisis in the 80s. Excellent.
    For my French I'm catching up on Engrenages, because I didn't find it until a couple of series were over. I've started at the beginning. Might watch some of that again. (Spiral in English) BBC4

I do get very attached to my favourite series. The last one I found hard to part with was The Split. I find I tend to fall in love with the strong female characters. :o:D They haunt me.

Previously frozen chilli tonight with jacket potato, (DH has two thirds) and a huge helping of fresh spinach. Creme fraiche.
    With the help of CMA I did 390 bonus calories, so 990 altogether.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Today is supposedly the day for our vaccinations. They’ve said that they will call us. I am not holding my breath, but I will be an angry & disappointed woman if we don’t get our vaccinations, or at the very least a phone call.

Katla in misty NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    My son in Nottingham, who is 44, has just been vaccinated. He is borderline diabetic. <3<3<3

Katla - crossing fingers for you. Xxxxxxxx

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,689 Member
    Options
    I texted my divorce attorney and she said that he cant reduce it unless he makes a motion to reduce it ,then I call her..
    We have been getting along ,but not going to rock the boat right now..waiting at Quest waiting on an appointment so it might be awhile..sitting with my brother..
    I did speak with surgeon,he said I sounded great.. and asked about disability paperwork and he said he would fill it out and get it back to me also if im up to it I can drive.but will wait another week or 2.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    :heart:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I texted my divorce attorney and she said that he cant reduce it unless he makes a motion to reduce it ,then I call her..
    We have been getting along ,but not going to rock the boat right now..waiting at Quest waiting on an appointment so it might be awhile..sitting with my brother..
    I did speak with surgeon,he said I sounded great.. and asked about disability paperwork and he said he would fill it out and get it back to me also if im up to it I can drive.but will wait another week or 2.

Allie : Glad to hear you are doing better. I'm wondering if your ex thought that by mentioning it to you, you would somehow feel bad about him having to continue to pay alimony after he retires? Maybe he thinks that you'll somehow agree to him lowering it? Um, NO!

They said today on the noon news that at least 26 people have died from the snow emergencies in TX. Sad! :neutral:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! It is to get up to 40degrees today. When all this snow starts melting going to be a mess.
    Went to doctor this morning and he still says the HIV test is a new mandate from the health department. He knows I am upset and he thinks I should get at least one Covid shot, I showed him the report from Red Cross saying I have the anti bodies. He said the shot will remind my body to fight it. I told him I would think about it, but don't plan on it. I have heard of several people getting the shot with having anti bodies and getting really sick. Good news is my AC! is 5.7 which really surprised me with all the hives, steriods and Covid in the last 6 months.

Lisa--your adventure with the driveway wore me out. Glad you got back up drive and into the carport. You should be so proud of yourself. I would of given up after about half way thought and left it and when DH got home would of let him figure it out.

Allie--I can not believe Tom would tell you something like that while you are working on getting better, and it is not your problem. He has to pay and he just wants you to feel sorry for him. You have put up with enough from him and he needs to figure it out. Take care of you and don't let him try and push you into agreeing to anything cut in what he owes you. I would contact your divorce lawyer and also have them file for Tom to pay for your lawyer too. It is him that is trying to change things not you.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Katla49
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Barbara: The local county health department people told us that we will be called when vaccine is available. The availability issue is evidently caused by the distribution system. I am not a fan of the distribution system here in Oregon. :grumble: In better news, our daughter, son, and daughter-in-law have had vaccinations. They are in Illinois and Virginia. My cousin and his wife live in WA state and have had their vaccinations. I’m sure the list goes on. :star:

Allie: I share the sympathies of Mrs. Hoffer. Tom caused this situation in the first place. You shouldn’t have to be hurt any further by him, nor let him reduce your alimony. :noway: I’m glad you’ve been in touch with your divorce attorney. It is a smart idea. :star:

Regarding Texas: I have a dear friend who is living there with her son’s family. We taught together for years. I hope they are safe and able to stay warm. I also hope that food supplies are available to all Texans. I haven’t checked in on that news in a day or two. We all have a fitness friend living in TX. I hope Cheri is warm and has clean drinking water and food. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    Iiiiii
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    We had a nice Zoom with DH'S daughter in her new apartment. As I predicted, she is bothered about noise already. It is from the gym on her floor. I hope she can sort it out. The place looks great, but I know noise is a big worry with her.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather— Just curious about the proximity between DH’s daughter’s apartment and the Gym on her floor. Does the gym have time limits in the evening that would require quiet hours after 8 or 9 pm?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So I bought a handbag today which looks something like this (below) and I think the Product Dimensions are:24(H) x 36(W) x 13(D) cm. It looks like it might be big enough for me to carry my rolled-up rain jacket and lunch. But it is smaller than the backpack I was using up till this week.

I got it on sale for $25 so it isn't a huge outlay if it doesn't work ... but it looks like it might.

I think the really small backpack is just a bit too small and means I have to carry another bag or something for lunch and rain jacket.

vsoc3tuoopsu.png

I have used backpacks for school, travelling and everything! I have dress handbags for going to the symphony and things like that and very small crossbody bags for phone and keys/passes but until now, those have been my choices.

M in Oz

I've gone with one very much like the one in the photo.

I don't walk much with it now that I am finished uni ... maybe 1 km in a day ... half in the morning and half evening.

That's why I wanted to downsize. I don't need anything big now. :smiley:

My lunch walking is with a tiny crossbody just big enough for my phone and pass cards.

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies💖
    Well I had my long overdue eye appointment today. My last eye exam was in 2013. My pterygeium that was operated on in 2009 hasn't grown, and my pressure is good with both eyes. No cataracts. Will be adapting my eyeglasses to bifocals. Hopefully my adjustment phase will be good. I need to get my hair trimmed so I can wear them more often. Price was $230 which we pretty much figured would be in the hundreds. Will get them back next week.

Trying to go about my day with dilated eyes, no fun!
    Take care all!
    Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Katla - I think there is a certain amount of thumping at any time of day, including very early morning. I think she is going to confer with the caretaker and the management company. I very much hope it isn't a real problem, as noise was why she couldn't stand her previous apartment. I completely understand as it's a big issue with me. :s

I'm going to write tomorrow about learning to drive when I was 17. It was my birthday present from my mum.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: chose new cell phones, signed up for new cell service, reconciled bank accounts, paid credit card bill.
    Bonus: 25 mins Leslie Sansome.

Debbie we don’t, and won’t, have Alexa or Echo or Hey Google or Siri because the idea of a cloud based something listening in all the time just creeps me out. Time to re-read 1984.
    [
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh/wii: 19/13/45; steps>5627=4793, vits=17, log=18, CI<CO=14, CI<250<CO=9, Tumble=12 Shadow=12 mfp=17 outside=9 up hill=8
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 141.5 2/21: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=10 play=13 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

my husband has hooked up Alexa in just about every room and has most of the lights hooked up to them too. Just tell her to turn each light on/off- just have to remember which light goes to what name. it also changes colors in the lights - Lamp on/off, room light, hall light, door light, etc. It is connected to his Amazon orders so just about daily we get the notification- telling me what he has ordered and is being delivered that day. She does know to not say WHAT each order is around the holidays, but she doesn't know about doing it for other days(Valentine's day, my birthday, anniversary).

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie: Rest well. Congrats on a pleasant meal with a friend. The company of a good friend is often a blessing. 🌹