• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Zoom day today with my old school friends! :D<3
    Don't know what we will do next week as my best friend is doing some locum work . She is a divorce solicitor and has to take on occasional jobs because her money situation is not sustainable without bouts of working. She will be 72 next week!
    I've found the Zoom sessions very sustaining through the pandemic. That connection is around 60 years old, and we became best friends in 1965.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Sue and Machka, talking on our phone while driving will also get you a fine here. I don't know the amount, but it's probably not enough! It was nice of the gal to own up to hitting the mailbox tho.....
    Beth, I really have no words now..... {{{HUGS}}} for all of you tho. The puppy pic was worth waiting for! He is so cute!
    Lisa, your driveway adventure was great! I have to agree with you, it's wonderful to have someone around who will help when you need it, but it's equally great to be able to do stuff for yourself.
    Rita, hope the sub job comes thru and that you enjoy it!
    Rebecca, the hair cut looks great! I've seen that joke before, it is funny!
    Allie, glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself and that your lawyer is on the ball!
    Pip, the place is shaping up well! So exciting!!

Facebook: I am on facebook quite a bit, I like it for keeping in touch with family and long distance friends. Well, all friends now, of course, because we can't get together in person! I am very careful about what I click on/like/share. I never open attachments that are sent to me via messenger, in fact, I don't always open videos that are emailed to me as most of the time I just can't be bothered. I prefer videos on Facebook as you can already see the beginning. I quite often hit the "hide all posts from ______" button when there is a bunch of junk showing up on my feed. Just about time to do that again. I have had very few issues, I just don't stray too far away from what I'm actually looking for. Technology is great but it's also a double edged sword!
    I had a Zoom get together a few days ago, it was short, but four of us managed to catch up on what the others are doing (not much....), it was kind of fun. We are hoping that restrictions will ease a bit this spring so that we can get together in person (outside and distanced). In the meantime, the occasional zoom will have to do.
    I'm sure there were other posts that I meant to comment on, but it's late and I really must get to bed.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Facebook: I am on facebook quite a bit, I like it for keeping in touch with family and long distance friends. Well, all friends now, of course, because we can't get together in person! I am very careful about what I click on/like/share. I never open attachments that are sent to me via messenger, in fact, I don't always open videos that are emailed to me as most of the time I just can't be bothered. I prefer videos on Facebook as you can already see the beginning. I quite often hit the "hide all posts from ______" button when there is a bunch of junk showing up on my feed. Just about time to do that again. I have had very few issues, I just don't stray too far away from what I'm actually looking for. Technology is great but it's also a double edged sword!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Yep me too!

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    evie1958 wrote: »

Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Yep me too!

And now that all the news is gone - no longer allowed, Facebook is a whole different place. Some sites are finding themselves and evolving plus we can see more from friends.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    I used my early wake up to finalise and refine tomorrow's delivery and book another slot for two weeks' time. :D If you try to do it at peak hours the website drags horribly. It's working well for us, having a regular delivery slot. DH fills up his fruit commitment with a local supermarket shop once a week, and I like to visit the deli round the corner for extra veg, bread etc. Also the fish market, maybe once a month, plus butcher same. Each place has things you can't get elsewhere.
    Tonight is lamb, spinach, pea and potato curry. I will cook it straight after lunch in the IP and keep it warm, because of the Zoom.
    Tomorrow is 20% off day on Deliveroo, so we are going to share a Fatto a Mano pizza and have an arugula and parmesan salad to make up the minimum. Already excited! A bottle of Primitivo. I have been AF for a couple of days.

Must write! :o;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Beth, i am so sorry. (((hugs)))
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    11 pomidoros again yesterday. There is a good office i can officially use.that was not always the case.

today slower to start.I started at about 10-ish yesterday and worked till past 4:30 with maybe 30 min break.today it's 12:30 Ive been in the office since 11. and have not yet worked much.that said i had dentist late afternoon far from home, and union stuff till quite late (about 10pm- finishing and forwarding mails). so i started later today.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    dentist, my dentist has retired and another was recommended and has good online reviews for what that's worth. BUT when i went their yesterday, he was supposed to do a temporary crown (which is about 200 covered by insurance) but i'm pretty sure he didn't do a temp crown, just put a nubbin of resin to cover the nub of molar. he didn't give me a bill which i found strange till i thought of that. cause if he bills me for a temp crown in its current state he'll be accused of fraud no doubt. not a big deal in the long run, BUT more concerning is--

i'm supposed to get FOUR CROWNS with him. so a bit of money and a long term thing in my body. And he put a little post in to hold a crown.
    I asked him about materials of the post : if there is nickel in it, and about allergies, as i know people (and me) can be allergic to some metals (like i can really not easily wear any kind of earring, and i have a few allergies: pollen, dust mites, major gluten intolerance) and medium overall health. He was a bit evasive about the metal composition, and when i asked question whether there was contact with the so called temp crown he said "no, i"ll take care of the technical stuff", clearly implying he didn't appreciate my questions. so no record of the post (and materials) nor the non-crown. Not a good start for me. i do not like spending 2500 euros even if 1500 is reembursed by insurance, to have 4 things put long term in my mouth by someone who doesn't want questions.

i remembered my old previous dentist who is very good (but was very busy) who is in a circle of friends i used to hang with when i went to dance workshops 10 years ago.

I'm gonna try to get an appointment with her and see if it's not too dramatic if i put it off a bit, now that i have the nobbin.

and cancel with the guy who doesn't like questions.
    bummer since hehas good reviews and i really trust the person who recommended him, but my experiences is alarming.

Oh yes, also, during our 20-25 min session,he was tapping his foot, humming and whistling while working on me.
    not horrible things to do, and maybe i'm overjudgemental, but i thought that made him seem nervous while working on me (which maybe he is), and also, the next session is suppposed to be 2h and i would really rather not listen to him whistling and humming and tapping for 2h.

also he said it's not legal to pay in a few payments, but i have NEVER heard that.on the contrary it's very common for major dental work, legal or not.

i'm thinking of switching of course. a friend gave me the name of 2 other dentists too...

i have the sniffles and am wondering if it's a reaction to the metal post but probably not, i supppose. i just felt uneasy.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    i read all, thanks ! working as i can today so commenting much.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Beth -

I am glad your son will soon be home with you where he consistently receives the best care from his best advocate.

And that puppy is adorable!

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options

I would trust yourself on this one. It is your mouth and you will have to live with the consequences of the dentists work.

Taxes will be turned into the preparer who has done it for years for us. She is reasonable and does a good job. I was able to get things ready early this year.

In future I will pay the bill that had double presentment on line. I paid that bill in person at a store so sad someone at the store or at the bank took that check. Just never occured to me this culd happen. Hopefully they can trace it to see it doesn't happen to someone else. I know businesses have a division who just work on fraud.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Facebook ... I've blocked/hid so many on my feed that it's pretty much just me and the advertisers now ...

Penny ... glad to hear your grandson has been diagnosed and receiving treatment. How do you feel about moving "south?"

Beth
  • Machka9
    Options

I would trust yourself on this one. It is your mouth and you will have to live with the consequences of the dentists work.

Taxes will be turned into the preparer who has done it for years for us. She is reasonable and does a good job. I was able to get things ready early this year.

In future I will pay the bill that had double presentment on line. I paid that bill in person at a store so sad someone at the store or at the bank took that check. Just never occured to me this culd happen. Hopefully they can trace it to see it doesn't happen to someone else. I know businesses have a division who just work on fraud.

I haven't paid anything with a cheque since 2008 and then it was just monthly rent for 4 months.

I haven't paid a bill with a cheque since ... oh ... before 2004. I can't actually remember.

I don't think businesses would accept a cheque here.

M in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Happy Wednesday!
    Pip- The house is looking great! Can't wait to see "finished/put together" pics!
    Beth- Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of your son's worsening condition. Sending prayers for skilled physicians and a complete recovery! Also praying for better care options that will give him his independence, yet keep him safe! ((hugs))
    Heather- Congrats on your lottery win! Whoot! No matter the size of the prize; winning is better than not winning! The grands look so cool in their very "street" poses. lol I am glad the weather is warming up for you!
    Tracey- Happy that you are getting some relief with your back/hips! Finally, huh?!
    Cathy in Arlington- So glad you have weathered the winter storm! My daughter's family never lost power/water; although she was ready for it if they had.
    Machka's questions - I am a four/six season girl! I love them all! And although the smell of dirt and worms is one of my favorite smells spring is not my favorite season. I am pretty sure if I had to pick a favorite season it would be winter. I love the quietness of it. Living in a summer town, it is crowded and busy from the time the temps get above 50F (so spring-fall). Winter is when stores reduce their hours or just close for the season, less people out and about (because only the hardiest souls like the cold), car traffic lessens... Winter is just a good time to stop, rest, breathe and enjoy the quiet.
    Backpacks- Oddly, I never used a backpack or bag during my school years. I carried everything in my arms. As an adult, I often travel with just a backpack or a tote. No baggage. I also use a backpack on my field trips with the kids. My purse is very small or just my wallet OR (if I can get away with it) identificatiion, and $$ in a pocket. I hate having to carry a purse. Just another thing to keep track of. I hate phones for the same reason. lol

I wrote this an hour and a half ago and forgot to press post! Surrounded by small people now. Will chat later. ttfn xoxoxo Hug to all I missed! KJ
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I got dressed and did my walk and made a tuna sandwich.. will do my PT in a bit ..
    Made a mistake and the dogs dont go to the groomers until next Thursday ,thats ok..im hoping to have the car back in my possession by then..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps. Yesterday Kirby got a call to schedule him for the vaccine, today at 2:30. Pretty cool, we will be able to walk there, it’s at our local grocery store. Kirby says a week from Saturday we will call my sister to borrow her son and pickup to make a trip to bring the big stuff over. If it was me, I’d be like this weekend!!! Oh well......